Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

LET'S LET'S: Official LET'S Thread

Last posted Feb 20, 2014 at 07:17AM EST. Added Feb 12, 2014 at 12:22AM EST
35 posts from 27 users

Surely you've noticed that almost every active thread in General (and even one in JFF) is titled "Let's [insert topic here]." Well, ITT you post titles and purposes (or lack thereof) for said threads, like "LET'S DANCE: Post Dancing Gifs!" or "LET'S TAKE UP SPACE: Post Nothing of Relevance"

Most interesting or Sam-like thread ideas get a gold star drawn by me personally in 5 seconds in MS Paint!

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Yeah, passive aggressiveness isn't cool. If you have an issue with the threads, then PM the user politely or get in touch with a mod.

the implied point I’m making still stands

Locking.

I'm also going to unlock this thread. If passive aggressive intentions were against the rules, I'd have been in trouble long ago. Passive aggression is my modus operandi. Besides, at least he has a purpose for this thread. There's a topic for users to participate in, that's saying a lot these days. I say it stays open and I look forward to talking to you about the events that have taken place tonight.

Slutty Sam wrote:

LOL I can't believe this thread has been going on for days and I only noticed now.

How come you guys didn't invite me?

Because it was mean to insult you, mostly.

However, it appears that sort of thing is part of our forums now.

This is a thread about being passive aggressive, right?

Verbose wrote:

Because it was mean to insult you, mostly.

However, it appears that sort of thing is part of our forums now.

This is a thread about being passive aggressive, right?

Well, I'm not really hurt by it.

I guess it's supposed to be passive aggressive. I was taken aback by how much my "LET'S X" in all caps has become so influential in the forums now. It seems that I'm not the only one using it now. To be honest, I have no idea where I got the idea. I guess I got it from "Let's Play", but I don't know how I thought of altering it. The ALL CAPS is to attract attention, obviously. I just tried it with one article, and then another, and then I kept using it because it shows identity. When people see a "Let's X" post, they know it's me! As I've said before, it's like a watermark of sorts. That doesn't count anymore though since others are using it now, and based on this forum and others, people are really pissed about it, so I guess I'll stop "Let's-ing".

Coincidentally, the user who made this thread to bash me is one of Sam's partners in crime in the game the character comes from.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!