Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Soundtracks!

Last posted Mar 11, 2014 at 12:24AM EDT. Added Mar 09, 2014 at 11:38PM EDT
21 posts from 16 users

So, pretty much 90% of the music I listen to is soundtrack music, particularly video game soundtracks, and I know I'm not alone.

My Top Three Vidya Gaem Soundtracks:

1. Sonic Unleashed -

2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -

3. Zelda: Skyward Sword -

What are yours? I am genuinely interested to know which soundtracks you guys like, if you do at all.

Last edited Mar 09, 2014 at 11:38PM EDT

Mine are:
1. Xenoblade Chronicles

2. MapleStory

3. Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom

4. Animal Crossing(as a whole really)

5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Explorers Series

I could fill this entire page with game soundtracks, so I'll stop there.

So ITT we're naming our favourite soundtracks? Alright then.

(Not gonna put embeds 'cause it lags like crazy.)

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. FTL
3. Okami
4. Killing Floor
5. Skyrim

When I was introduced to System Shock 2, I grabbed the soundtrack for that as soon as I possibly could

Ahhh, late 90's gaming….how I miss you. This was the kind of music I immersed myself when I was younger and still do

So, pretty much 90% of the music I listen to is soundtrack music, particularly video game soundtracks, and I know I’m not alone.

Definitely not alone. I used to be the same growing up. I never listened to any real bands but I did play tons of video games. I had the soundtracks from Descent 1&2, Duke3D, Starcraft, Unreal Tournament and Red Faction to fall in love with. Those games were my real music heroes.

It's Mega Man and Animal Crossing for me.
For the latter, I find it interesting just how an entire day "feels" in the different games in the series, and it mostly has to do with the music. Some of my favorite animal crossing tracks are definitely the night themes-

Especially 2am on GCN, of course! Party hard!

So many games, so many soundtracks. There are quite a deal of soundtracks I like.
Currently, I'm listening to the soundtrack of Deus Ex.

Last edited Mar 10, 2014 at 02:29PM EDT

I've been watching a playthough of the first Phoenix Wright game with my brothers, because I see them watch various Phoenix Wrong videos and I thought they should see the real thing because of the story's complexity (I watch the full playthrough beforehand). After watching it, there have been several pieces from the soundtrack that I really like, such as easily memorable ones like the Steel Samurai theme and of course Cornered. But my favorite out of all of them is this one:

Most of the music in Dark Souls is subtle, and doesn't leave a lasting impression but this.

FFX might have my favorite OST from any video game, and the remaster does it justice.

DR has an incredible soundtrack, as well.

My preferred picks are Star Wars and Skyrim. If you ever go hiking or just enjoying nature, the Skyrim music really makes the experience that much better. And I just have a huge nostalgia rush with Star Wars, it sets me up to an energized mood.

The Lighthouse -- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Another Winter -- Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game

Guard Down -- Half Life 2

Thunder Run -- Battlefield 3

Last edited Mar 10, 2014 at 11:54PM EDT

Gary wrote:

@DJKing, can't forget about the original Battlefield 1942 theme!

Damn Right! I just put my favorite track as a sample of the soundtrack I loved as a placeholder.

DJKing wrote:

Damn Right! I just put my favorite track as a sample of the soundtrack I loved as a placeholder.

Battlefield 4 theme is very good, better than 3. But I'd not talk about Battlefield 4 before I faint…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!