Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

How do you operate the Tumblr?

Last posted Mar 16, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT. Added Mar 16, 2014 at 12:26AM EDT
12 posts from 11 users

So I recently signed up for Tumblr but I don't get it, I know it's a blog thing but does it have a forum or something, so confusing? I want to be a part of the Tumblr community like what I saw in the Tumblr gallery.

stevoqwerty wrote:

Wow, Tumblr sounds like a shithole.

It can be, but it's also one of the best places to find images. I actually don't use it for much else.

I'm with Iamslow. It really depends on where you go (or if you bother to read the text.) I created an account after they changed so that only people with accounts could use/search it properly. I followed a few accounts of comic artists I like, but I haven't actually looked at what they posted in a long while. Half the time when I try performing reverse image search for an image originating from Pixiv, it links to a tumblr page. Depending on the blog, they often link to the original source of the image and can be better at citing images better than KYM (which needs to change.)

If you want to be part of the tumblr community… maybe find something you found funny in the tumblr gallery and look up their blog(s) and see if you like their other posts. There are mostly four different kinds of tumblr blogs: Art blogs (sometimes their own or others), reblog blogs (find stuff else where and reblog, often with commentary), "blog" blogs (wall of texts, rants, and what ever else they want to put up) and mixed.

The tumblr gallery is mostly made of reblog blogs, and is generally what most people think of when thinking funny stuff from tumblr. Art blogs are kinda neutral, just be careful because there can be a lot of NSFW/ NSFL images depending on where you go. "Blog" blogs are generally seen as wanting to be avoided. While not all bad, they require lot of reading and can sometimes be incredibly stupid, and platforms for rants. Finally mixed can be a mixture of any of the above. Quality of any of these, though, is dependent on who runs the blog. There are people who will only post to say that people like you are what's wrong with the world, and others that just post Spongebob gifs.

Doctor Evil wrote:

This will answer all of your questions:

This is absolutely amazing. It shows every reason that I don't use Tumblr and probably never will. That website puts out some good content occasionally, but the overall experience is just awful. I've made an account, used it for a good 30 minutes, and then deactivated.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!