Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,687 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Am I the only one here who hates my little pony?

Last posted Apr 29, 2014 at 06:00PM EDT. Added Apr 17, 2014 at 07:24AM EDT
93 posts from 56 users

Forrest May Run wrote:

I can't understand, it began with a joke and then it became a freakin lifestyle!!!

You don't HAVE to understand it. Different people will like things that you don't and that's okay. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people's opinions, choices and tastes…. Unless they cause harm.

Now, as for it beginning with a joke, I'm pretty sure it didn't. Well, not for me anyway. I certainly did not in start watching the entire series in 2010 with the thought "oh this is going to be so ironic and we're all gonna have a jolly good laugh by forcing ourselves to watch this series". No, I checked the first few episodes out of curiosity and continued because it was genuinely GOOD.

It's not for everyone, and I don't know where you get this "lifestyle" thing from, because obviously fans of the show do a lot of things outside of ponies. It's just a casual hobby and a fandom. Like gaming and collecting stamps.

I can see WHY he thinks it's a lifestyle, though.

A combination of an EXTREMELY vocal minority (which has since settled down) and the fact that even now it is almost consistently topping the trending galleries list. (I think the lowest it has ever gone is third? And then there was the fact that TPP at one point was getting TRIPLE the gallery views…)

Why do you even care if people are watching that fuckin show
I mean I know you're a brand new member
But like
So what
People on this site haven't given a shit about anyone watching that show since 2012

Didn't you know, OP?

Ponies have been the undisputed emperors of the internet for 4 years now. It will never change.

(I don't watch it, but I don't dispute it either.)

Oh gawd. Those ponyfags are so awful. I can't walk into a comic shop anymore without seeing their pony stuff all over the shelves. Hell, now I can't even go to McDonalds without getting a pony toy in my Happy Meal. They've even taken it so far as to ruin my favorite game Monopoly with a pony version. Everything they touch is unclean! They've ruined being an internet pleb forever.

You're not the only one who hates mlp here, but a good majority don't.

Also everyone else, can we not be rude to him just because he dislikes MLP (looking at you Snowie).

I'm just neutral on this. I don't find the show enjoyable personally, but I can see why people like it and I'm not stopping people from having their opinions. Why hate something because it's famous? If you tried to watch it you'd realize it's a little more gender neutral.

Forrest May Run wrote:

I can't understand, it began with a joke and then it became a freakin lifestyle!!!

"…a freaking lifestyle!!!"

"…lifestyle!!!"

lifestyle!!!"

Yeah, because everyone obsesses and centers their life around something they like to watch; what a valid reasonable theory!

In all seriousness though, if you don't like it, no skin off my nose. Bitch about it on the other hand, expect a few boots to be thrown.

Last edited Apr 17, 2014 at 06:34PM EDT

Guys I think what this person is trying to convey, in a awful way, is that he was looking for someone to agree with them to prove to himself here or the internet isn't so pony dominated. (just a theory he could just be whining. I don't know)

And don't hold it against them because they can change their attitude. For example my first username was IHATEMLP where as now my it would be IDON'TLIKEMLPIJUSTIGNOREIT.

Meh. I could care less. But when ponies end up appearing in random as fuck places, that is when i get a little rustled. I don't really care about the show.

@op

From what I understand it was only a joke for a short time before people seriously started liking it.

To some people it is a lifestyle, I guess? I don't really think of it that way personally but I do gravitate towards pony stuff when I need a new desktop, avatar, ect.

>are you the only one

You would have loved to be here while Thomas Nair was lol.

LNH wrote:

You're not the only one who hates mlp here, but a good majority don't.

Also everyone else, can we not be rude to him just because he dislikes MLP (looking at you Snowie).

Hey, I don't even like the show. I'm even kinda sick of it continually topping the image charts. I kinda regret that last post. I wasn't having a great day when I posted it.

Teddy Sadcat wrote:

C'mon everybody, calm down. There's always assholes like the OP, just leave him barking like a dumbass and we'll be fine.

You're trying to make him sound like a bigger asshole then he is. He hasn't responded or carried on since. Plus you're dragging out the thread with that post.

Stop gravedigging this thread. It isn't going to be locked because it is staying relevant: It is designed to keep riling people up.

Stop posting, is anyone thinking right now?

Why do you even care if people are watching that fuckin show

Why do you even care that people are voicing their opinions?

Bitch about it on the other hand, expect a few boots to be thrown.

Aren't the responders in this situation "bitching" since OP just asked if they were the only one with the same views and the responders, instead of answering the question or debating intelligently, became angry?
There’s always assholes like the OP, just leave him barking like a dumbass and we’ll be fine.
Kind of hypocritical to call someone an "asshole" for voicing their opinion when you are insulting someone because of it.

I am completely neutral about the show (I never watched it), but I think the responders need to settle down. I'll bet that if OP said this in the unpopular opinions thread, no one would care. I believe people already voiced negative opinions about the show in that thread, and they did it in a manner that would cause more anger in a separate thread like this one; not to my surprise, they got positive karma because it was in that thread.

Holy shit, people are still posting.

The guy just posted ONCE. He hasn't replied yet, that means he has moved on. I haven't seen so much replies on a thread that was supposed to be ignored.

Instead of posting reaction images or snarky comments, how about ignoring this thread? You know you can do that.

Cronus wrote:

Holy shit, people are still posting.

The guy just posted ONCE. He hasn't replied yet, that means he has moved on. I haven't seen so much replies on a thread that was supposed to be ignored.

Instead of posting reaction images or snarky comments, how about ignoring this thread? You know you can do that.

Haha, nope!

I'm neutral towards MLP. Yeah I've seen seasons one and two and seen some of the fanart and fanfics along with the music they make, and I'm still neutral towards the show and fandom. I usually try to stay away from threads and boards like these since I'm neither a brony nor an anti-brony. But I felt that maybe it was time for me to share my two cents about the show and it's fans.

Plus I find the amount of hatred here amusing.

Well, I mean, it's not on the list of things that I particularly find amusing, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it.

I mean, a lot of my friends are bronies, but that's OK, because they don't make a big deal of it.

I think the one thing that could make me generally show some levels of hate would be when it's the one thing people talk about e.g. fandom taking over your life in general, not just with MLP. I've seen it happen before.

Never seen a single episode of mlp, it doesn't look like it would appeal to me. My little sister likes it however. Also i dont really see that many bronies in my area so i'm not really affected by that either, the internet makes em seem really creepy.

Also Pokemon is Pokemon, Ponies are not. Cant compare em

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!