Forums / Fun! / Creative

7,171 total conversations in 24 threads

+ New Thread


KnowYourMeme-themed Pokémon hack

Last posted Jul 20, 2014 at 12:45AM EDT. Added Apr 22, 2014 at 08:44AM EDT
894 posts from 120 users

Shadow Man wrote:

Did someone say layers

My green motherfucker better be in game or I will bomb onions.

Jun 23, 2014 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

Sorry, my computer is really acting stupid as of late. I can’t get any of my paint programs to work, and nothing is saving to my files. Shi Gai, you put yourself out there, so do you mind doing me a solid and working on my sprite?

Jun 24, 2014 at 02:30AM EDT
Quote

SirSomeguy wrote:

Sorry, my computer is really acting stupid as of late. I can’t get any of my paint programs to work, and nothing is saving to my files. Shi Gai, you put yourself out there, so do you mind doing me a solid and working on my sprite?

I will try. Once I finish the thing I’m currently working on, I’ll try to get started on yours.

Jun 24, 2014 at 01:22PM EDT
Quote

General Sleepy Gai wrote:

I will try. Once I finish the thing I’m currently working on, I’ll try to get started on yours.

Thanks dude. I’ve got my image reference in the FAQ.

Jun 24, 2014 at 02:49PM EDT
Quote

Hey, could one of you guys help me make my sprites, possibly even for my pre-evolution? I will gladly provide images if needed (which they probably are).

Jun 24, 2014 at 03:28PM EDT
Quote

(name here) The Fox wrote:

Hey, could one of you guys help me make my sprites, possibly even for my pre-evolution? I will gladly provide images if needed (which they probably are).

Whichwhowhatnow?

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:10PM EDT
Quote

(name here) The Fox wrote:

Hey, could one of you guys help me make my sprites, possibly even for my pre-evolution? I will gladly provide images if needed (which they probably are).

Actually, ignore this post. I’ll try to see if i can’t do it myself.

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:24PM EDT
Quote

(name here) The Fox wrote:

Actually, ignore this post. I’ll try to see if i can’t do it myself.

No, no. Do put up a reference.

Jun 24, 2014 at 05:33PM EDT
Quote

I’ve been thinking about changing my profile picture. What kind of things are easy to sprite? I think my current image is probably a pain in the ass

Jun 24, 2014 at 07:34PM EDT
Quote

Holy crap, guys, I know I haven’t been here in a while, but this is turning out A-FRIKIN-MAZING.
Shadow’s piano remix of the R/S/E Wild Pokémon Battle theme…
Shi Gui’s, Slapperfish’s, and Username41’s sprites…
This is epic on so many levels, guys.

…Seriously. I’m not kidding.

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:25PM EDT
Quote

YESH, 2 MONTHS ALREADY AND I CAN ENTER THIS BEATIFULL THREAD OF HAPPINESS

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:43AM EDT
Quote

so i hate to be that guy but when will my spirit be done?
i feel so left out, i even have my spirit idea posted on the first page

Last edited Jun 25, 2014 at 11:07AM EDT
Jun 25, 2014 at 11:06AM EDT
Quote

Viuff The Tasty Danish wrote:

so i hate to be that guy but when will my spirit be done?
i feel so left out, i even have my spirit idea posted on the first page

…. Well, man, that’s a question that I can’t answer.
You have to look inside yourself, and ask… what is it that my spirit really wants? What is it’s goal? Only then, when you know what your spirit wants, you can link your spirit with your heart and soul. If you perfectly link your three main life forces, then you are ready. What you will need to do is set off on a journey to the hidden village of Felkreek, where you will meet and elderly woman by the name of Evalyne. Tell her that you seek to complete your spirit, and she will know what to do. She will then give you all your necessary items for your adventure to the land of Sulkania, where Mt. Akuto lies. You will need bravery, and courage, and your three links to help you complete the adventure, and once you reach the border of Sulkania, this is where you will be tested. There is a cave you must traverse through to make it into Sulkania, and at the very end, lies a Minotaur. His hair blocks his eyesight, so you have that at your advantage, but he still has great sense of smell and hearing. To defeat him, you must use the Mystril orb, given to you by Evalyne, to temporarily stun the Minotaur. After that, use your sword and rope to climb up onto his back, and decapitate him. You must make sure to separate his head from his body, as that is the only way to assure his death. Even a stab through the heart won’t even faze it. Once you kill the Minotaur, there are some lava geysers that you must avoid. you can tell when they are about to erupt when a heated red spot, maybe about 1.5 feet in diameter, appears. If you see that, you need to run, because the lava geyser’s range is ridiculous. And finally, after some monsters you may face along the way, you should reach Mt. Akuto. You must climb to the very top of the mountain, where you will find out that it is an active volcano, and there are stairs leading inside. You must power through the intense heat in order to advance, and within a small cave inside the volvano, you shall meet the great elder, who lives there as a way to push his body to the limits. After you meet him, he shall tell you when you spirit will be done, and how.

But as for your sprite’s progress, it’s getting there, so don’t worry.

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:32PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

…. Well, man, that’s a question that I can’t answer.
You have to look inside yourself, and ask… what is it that my spirit really wants? What is it’s goal? Only then, when you know what your spirit wants, you can link your spirit with your heart and soul. If you perfectly link your three main life forces, then you are ready. What you will need to do is set off on a journey to the hidden village of Felkreek, where you will meet and elderly woman by the name of Evalyne. Tell her that you seek to complete your spirit, and she will know what to do. She will then give you all your necessary items for your adventure to the land of Sulkania, where Mt. Akuto lies. You will need bravery, and courage, and your three links to help you complete the adventure, and once you reach the border of Sulkania, this is where you will be tested. There is a cave you must traverse through to make it into Sulkania, and at the very end, lies a Minotaur. His hair blocks his eyesight, so you have that at your advantage, but he still has great sense of smell and hearing. To defeat him, you must use the Mystril orb, given to you by Evalyne, to temporarily stun the Minotaur. After that, use your sword and rope to climb up onto his back, and decapitate him. You must make sure to separate his head from his body, as that is the only way to assure his death. Even a stab through the heart won’t even faze it. Once you kill the Minotaur, there are some lava geysers that you must avoid. you can tell when they are about to erupt when a heated red spot, maybe about 1.5 feet in diameter, appears. If you see that, you need to run, because the lava geyser’s range is ridiculous. And finally, after some monsters you may face along the way, you should reach Mt. Akuto. You must climb to the very top of the mountain, where you will find out that it is an active volcano, and there are stairs leading inside. You must power through the intense heat in order to advance, and within a small cave inside the volvano, you shall meet the great elder, who lives there as a way to push his body to the limits. After you meet him, he shall tell you when you spirit will be done, and how.

But as for your sprite’s progress, it’s getting there, so don’t worry.

That was the most gloriously long-winded smartassery I’ve ever seen
Good show, old chap

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:37PM EDT
Quote

Slime 'Cap wrote:

No, no. Do put up a reference.

Yeah you know what, it’s probably best to let some of the pros (heh) mess around with my sprites. Dunno why i thought you didn’t want to do it.


(Ignore the guy on the back)

It’s kind of tough to find decent images from a not so popular game, but it will probably do.

Also, if anyone thinks this is wierd compared to my profile, i joined this project pretty early while i had the robot chicken above me as my avatar. At some point, i just decided to change my profile completely.

Last edited Jun 25, 2014 at 03:09PM EDT
Jun 25, 2014 at 02:39PM EDT
Quote

(name here) The Fox wrote:

Yeah you know what, it’s probably best to let some of the pros (heh) mess around with my sprites. Dunno why i thought you didn’t want to do it.


(Ignore the guy on the back)

It’s kind of tough to find decent images from a not so popular game, but it will probably do.

Also, if anyone thinks this is wierd compared to my profile, i joined this project pretty early while i had the robot chicken above me as my avatar. At some point, i just decided to change my profile completely.

I accidentally cute.

Jun 25, 2014 at 04:08PM EDT
Quote

My pre-evolution “Shi Gai” is complete!
Shi Gai
The wimp pokemon.
Type: Steel

(Normal)

(Shiny)

Oh, and I fixed up the shiny version of the general. (After learning how to use the re-color tool on PDN.)

(Consider the old shiny void…)

Jun 25, 2014 at 09:46PM EDT
Quote

SirSomeguy wrote:

Thanks dude. I’ve got my image reference in the FAQ.

(I don’t know what faq you’re referring to, but link pls.)

Jun 25, 2014 at 09:48PM EDT
Quote

Since this project is chugging along now with sprite artists right now I’ll give instructions on the design I left for my sprite on the last page since I just threw the art out there. First off I would like for my normal sprite to be in grayscale after my art which is primarily in that style. I would also like for my shiny sprite to be in color, preferably for the turtle part to be based on Koopas, the human face to be pale skin, the glasses to have no color, my eyes just be black pupils, and for the hair to be a dark brown. If you need further reference you could just look at my profile picture.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:07PM EDT
Quote

NintenDylan wrote:

Since this project is chugging along now with sprite artists right now I’ll give instructions on the design I left for my sprite on the last page since I just threw the art out there. First off I would like for my normal sprite to be in grayscale after my art which is primarily in that style. I would also like for my shiny sprite to be in color, preferably for the turtle part to be based on Koopas, the human face to be pale skin, the glasses to have no color, my eyes just be black pupils, and for the hair to be a dark brown. If you need further reference you could just look at my profile picture.



(I’m done.)

Jun 26, 2014 at 02:32AM EDT
Quote

General Sleepy Gai wrote:



(I’m done.)

Thank you General and I’m glad you brought my vision to life. And here comes all the important parts. However I’m not sure if I should have an evolutionary form yet.
Name: NintenDyln (Because of the character limit the a in Dylan is removed)
Fan Boy Pokemon
Type: Ground/Water
Ability: Oblivious
Pokédex: This Pokemon is usually found near Nintendo conventions and Gothic Lolitas. Some say it is a manifestation of a Nintendo fan that wished for eternal life.

Jun 26, 2014 at 02:54AM EDT
Quote

Here, my final draft.

EDIT: Once a normal teddy bear brought to life by a mysterious being. This Usermon is said to compliment anyone until they puke this Sunday. This Usermon also has a fascination with hedgehogs in maid dresses.

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 05:39AM EDT
Jun 26, 2014 at 05:34AM EDT
Quote

No Face wrote:

Here, my final draft.

EDIT: Once a normal teddy bear brought to life by a mysterious being. This Usermon is said to compliment anyone until they puke this Sunday. This Usermon also has a fascination with hedgehogs in maid dresses.

I don’t know what the abilities can be.

Jun 26, 2014 at 06:34AM EDT
Quote

baby mario wrote:

Can anyone make my sprite?
i’l do the pokedex entry

Read the OP for how to apply.

Jun 26, 2014 at 08:51AM EDT
Quote

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

pokemon is shit tho

im a mod so its official thats how it works

THE MOD HAS SPOKEN

MOD IS LOVE

MOD IS LIFE

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMDODODMODODKDOMDOMFDOOMDODOM

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 01:32PM EDT
Jun 26, 2014 at 01:11PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

…. Well, man, that’s a question that I can’t answer.
You have to look inside yourself, and ask… what is it that my spirit really wants? What is it’s goal? Only then, when you know what your spirit wants, you can link your spirit with your heart and soul. If you perfectly link your three main life forces, then you are ready. What you will need to do is set off on a journey to the hidden village of Felkreek, where you will meet and elderly woman by the name of Evalyne. Tell her that you seek to complete your spirit, and she will know what to do. She will then give you all your necessary items for your adventure to the land of Sulkania, where Mt. Akuto lies. You will need bravery, and courage, and your three links to help you complete the adventure, and once you reach the border of Sulkania, this is where you will be tested. There is a cave you must traverse through to make it into Sulkania, and at the very end, lies a Minotaur. His hair blocks his eyesight, so you have that at your advantage, but he still has great sense of smell and hearing. To defeat him, you must use the Mystril orb, given to you by Evalyne, to temporarily stun the Minotaur. After that, use your sword and rope to climb up onto his back, and decapitate him. You must make sure to separate his head from his body, as that is the only way to assure his death. Even a stab through the heart won’t even faze it. Once you kill the Minotaur, there are some lava geysers that you must avoid. you can tell when they are about to erupt when a heated red spot, maybe about 1.5 feet in diameter, appears. If you see that, you need to run, because the lava geyser’s range is ridiculous. And finally, after some monsters you may face along the way, you should reach Mt. Akuto. You must climb to the very top of the mountain, where you will find out that it is an active volcano, and there are stairs leading inside. You must power through the intense heat in order to advance, and within a small cave inside the volvano, you shall meet the great elder, who lives there as a way to push his body to the limits. After you meet him, he shall tell you when you spirit will be done, and how.

But as for your sprite’s progress, it’s getting there, so don’t worry.

“I don’t know about a spirit, but your sprite…”, would have been sufficient. You killed it.

Jun 26, 2014 at 01:13PM EDT
Quote

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

pokemon is shit tho

im a mod so its official thats how it works

I am here to confirm that this person is a moderator, so their word is most likely fact.

Also, I apologize for writing the last apology I made to shadowmancreator in this thread because I realised that I am not sorry for cheating so much that I defeated the Elite Four in the KYM Pokemon Rom Hack beta and I plan on doing it again sometime.

tl;dr: Not sorry at all.

ha. ha. ha.

HEH. HEH. HEH.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Jun 26, 2014 at 01:15PM EDT
Quote

Lil B wrote:

THE MOD HAS SPOKEN

MOD IS LOVE

MOD IS LIFE

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMDODODMODODKDOMDOMFDOOMDODOM

ALL HAIL DRPEPPERFAN
KING OF MODERATORS

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 01:18PM EDT
Jun 26, 2014 at 01:15PM EDT
Quote

Muffinlicious the Trixie Fan wrote:

ALL HAIL DRPEPPERFAN
KING OF MODERATORS

What are you talking about I am the true DrPepperFan fan fan, you can tell as I am the #3 fan of Osaka.

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 01:21PM EDT
Jun 26, 2014 at 01:18PM EDT
Quote

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

pokemon is shit tho

im a mod so its official thats how it works

Jun 26, 2014 at 02:38PM EDT
Quote

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

pokemon is shit tho

im a mod so its official thats how it works

I’m a brand new faggot mod and I say pokemon’s awesome so BOOM ROASTED

Also, SMC, I absolutely love the “Mega Droid Battle” music you included on the previous page. Find some way to use, cause it’s great.

Jun 26, 2014 at 07:10PM EDT
Quote

Basically, PeeDeeJay is like a fat bear version of Meloetta.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:28AM EDT
Quote

Well, it has been two months.
Now I can finally be a pokemon!
Karoler:
Type: Normal/Dark
Abilities:
Run Away
Pickup
What I would look like:
Kenny from south park (its my minecraft skin)
Pokedex entry:
This usermon acts really kind to people but when it gets mad, it goes on a rampage.

Moves:
Start: Tackle
Start: Leer
Lv.6: Mud Slap
Lv.10: Bite
Lv.16: Glare
Lv.24: Ice Punch
Lv.35: Needle Arm
Lv.40: Crunch
Lv.45: Mega Punch
Lv.52: Cross Chop
Lv.60: Hyper Beam
Lv.70: Explosion

Thanks for reading.

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 at 03:08AM EDT
Jun 27, 2014 at 03:01AM EDT
Quote

General Sleepy Gai wrote:

My pre-evolution “Shi Gai” is complete!
Shi Gai
The wimp pokemon.
Type: Steel

(Normal)

(Shiny)

Oh, and I fixed up the shiny version of the general. (After learning how to use the re-color tool on PDN.)

(Consider the old shiny void…)

I think a green or yellow Shy Guy would be a more appropriate shiny palette for ShiGai.
EDIT: I did it. Only, I suck at the “Recolor” tool in PAINT.NET
The blue and yellow palette was inspired by one of the Shy Guys in Yoshi’s Island.

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 at 03:58AM EDT
Jun 27, 2014 at 03:43AM EDT
Quote

Lil B wrote:

THE MOD HAS SPOKEN

MOD IS LOVE

MOD IS LIFE

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMDODODMODODKDOMDOMFDOOMDODOM

Jesus Christ I leave this thread for 19 hours and everyone is shitting out of their eyeballs.

Jun 27, 2014 at 09:15AM EDT
Quote

Slime 'Cap wrote:

Okay, who else wants their sprite done?

I suppose Baby Mario? He’s asking.

Jun 28, 2014 at 03:41PM EDT
Quote

Slime 'Cap wrote:

Okay, who else wants their sprite done?

i think a looong ass time ago on this thread, i wanted my sprite to be of a man in a buiness suit with a tv head.

Jun 28, 2014 at 04:02PM EDT
Quote

Pollux wrote:

i think a looong ass time ago on this thread, i wanted my sprite to be of a man in a buiness suit with a tv head.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:50PM EDT
Quote

Namaste! You must login or signup first!