Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

303,942 total conversations in 8,670 threads

+ New Thread


KnowYourMeme-themed Pokémon hack

Last posted Jul 27, 2014 at 11:17PM EDT. Added Apr 22, 2014 at 08:44AM EDT
898 posts from 120 users

Coffkogu (old avatar)
Type: Steel/Electric
Ability: Static
Moves: ThunderPunch, Charge, Metal Sound, Disable (Feel free to change)
Pokedex: (The Robot Pokemon) No one knows if it was built by man or by nature. It can seem awfully fowl at moments, but usually keeps a somewhat happy disposition.
Fēnxel (new avatar)
Evolves from Coffkogu at level 30
Type: Psychic
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Confusion, Calm Mind, Psywave, Slack Off
Pokedex: (The Fractal Pokemon) Just looking at it can daze even the greatest of minds.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:12PM EDT

Alright, quick update. As far as sprites go, I have Newfag almost completely done, I just need to add shiny sprites and an icon. I’ve started on Jake Bloodhog and Goat-tan, Jake being the original version, then evolving into MedlyManiac’s redux, then into something top secret that I may or may not reveal before the first beta. :3
As for Cheetoh… His design is much too simple… So I’m going to do that later since it’ll only take me, like 15-20 minutes, and I want to focus on the injokes and the users right now.

Now… As far as scripting and plot changes go…
You will be greeted by either myself or RandomMan (currently undecided) at the very beginning of the game. The dialogue, obviously will change to greeting the player and saying that this is a hack themed with KnowYourMeme users.
… However, I’ve run into a problem. The program I use for editing script, Advanced Text, isn’t working right… It keeps crashing every time I try and open it. I’m working on fixing this problem, and I’ll keep this thread updated for the time being.

Finally, regarding sountrack…. I’m debating this, and would like your feedback, before I do this. For my own personal Pokémon hack that I’m making, I’m including original compositions for the wild battle theme and such… Would everyone be okay if I implemented that in the KYM hack?

(P.S.- Here is what the wild battle theme might sound like
…And then the Gym Leader theme, possibly…
And also, I don’t know where I would put this in, but it’s just kinda there. )

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:49PM EDT
Quote

I have decided my full Moveset. Here you go:
Agility, Air Cutter, Amnesia, Arm Thrust, Astonish, Attract, Aurora Beam, Baton Pass, Belly Drum, Bide, Bite, Blaze Kick, Block, Body Slam, Brick Break, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Charm, Confuse Ray, Confusion, Counter, Cross Chop, Crunch, Crush Claw, Curse, Cut, Defense Curl, Destiny Bond, Detect, Dig, Disable, Dizzy Punch, Double Kick, Double Team, Double-Edge, Double Slap, Dragon Claw, Dragon Danced, Dream Eater, Dynamic Punch, Earthquake, Encore, Endeavor, Endure, Explosion, Extreme Speed, Facade, Faint Attack, Fake out, False Swipe, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Fissure, Flail, Flamethrower, Flatter, Focus Energy, Focus Punch, Frustration, Foresight, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, Glare, Grass Whistle, Growl, Grudge, Guillotine, Harden, Headbutt, Heat Wave, Helping Hand, Hi Jump Kick, Hidden Power, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice, Iron Defense, Iron Tail, Karate Chop, Leer, Lick, Light Screen, Low Kick, Mach Punch, MAgnitude, Mean Look, Meditate, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Mimic, Minimize, Mirror Coat, Mud Slap, Nature Power, Needle Arm, Night Shade, Outrage, Overheat, Perish Song, Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Pound, Protect, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Rage, Rapid Spin, Recover, Reflect, Rest, Return, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Role Pay, Rollout, Safe Guard, Scratch, Screech, Secret Power, Seismic Toss, Self Destruct, Shadow Punch, Sing, Skull Bash, Sky Uppercut, Slack Off, Slam, Slash, Snatch, Sonic Boom, Spikes, Spit Up, Spite, Stockpile, Stomp, Strength, Submission, Substitute, Superpower, Swagger, Swallow, Swift, Swords Dance, Tackle, Tail Whip, Thrash, Torment, Toxic, Trick, Vital Throw, Will-O-Wisp, Yawn.
Long list, I know.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:17AM EDT
Quote

Thepenguinking2 wrote:

I have decided my full Moveset. Here you go:
Agility, Air Cutter, Amnesia, Arm Thrust, Astonish, Attract, Aurora Beam, Baton Pass, Belly Drum, Bide, Bite, Blaze Kick, Block, Body Slam, Brick Break, Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Charm, Confuse Ray, Confusion, Counter, Cross Chop, Crunch, Crush Claw, Curse, Cut, Defense Curl, Destiny Bond, Detect, Dig, Disable, Dizzy Punch, Double Kick, Double Team, Double-Edge, Double Slap, Dragon Claw, Dragon Danced, Dream Eater, Dynamic Punch, Earthquake, Encore, Endeavor, Endure, Explosion, Extreme Speed, Facade, Faint Attack, Fake out, False Swipe, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Fissure, Flail, Flamethrower, Flatter, Focus Energy, Focus Punch, Frustration, Foresight, Fury Attack, Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, Glare, Grass Whistle, Growl, Grudge, Guillotine, Harden, Headbutt, Heat Wave, Helping Hand, Hi Jump Kick, Hidden Power, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice, Iron Defense, Iron Tail, Karate Chop, Leer, Lick, Light Screen, Low Kick, Mach Punch, MAgnitude, Mean Look, Meditate, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Mimic, Minimize, Mirror Coat, Mud Slap, Nature Power, Needle Arm, Night Shade, Outrage, Overheat, Perish Song, Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Pound, Protect, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Rage, Rapid Spin, Recover, Reflect, Rest, Return, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Role Pay, Rollout, Safe Guard, Scratch, Screech, Secret Power, Seismic Toss, Self Destruct, Shadow Punch, Sing, Skull Bash, Sky Uppercut, Slack Off, Slam, Slash, Snatch, Sonic Boom, Spikes, Spit Up, Spite, Stockpile, Stomp, Strength, Submission, Substitute, Superpower, Swagger, Swallow, Swift, Swords Dance, Tackle, Tail Whip, Thrash, Torment, Toxic, Trick, Vital Throw, Will-O-Wisp, Yawn.
Long list, I know.

… Hate to break it to you but each Pokémon has to have a maximum of 13 moves.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:23AM EDT
Quote

@Shadowman
If you’re going through with making those three the starters, then perhaps Cheeto’s evolution/s could look something like Joe’s fusion of him with SRJ? Just an idea, not really a great one at that.

Also, I see that some people are asking for evolutions as if that’s going to be a thing. Shadow, is this something you actually want to allow? I mean, yeah, evolution is a staple of Pokemon, but trying to give users evolutions is a pain in the ass, plain and simple.

Okay, here’s something that just popped into my head. So, the only ‘mons that evolve through level-up will be the starters. All the user-based Pokemon could potentially evolve into other users through the use of an item or something (like, I dunno, give me a Fire Stone and I turn into Loli, and you could use a Water Stone on a Loli to turn it into a Delta or some shit like that). Again, not a great idea, but I’m just throwing things out there. Hopefully I can help ignite some inspiration or something.

Also, I know you won’t get to it for a while, but don’t bother with my sprite. The least I can do is make my own; some people here seem to underestimate how long it takes to make a sprite usable in a Pokemon ROMhack.

As for using your own soundtrack, I say knock yourself out. I can’t actually listen to any of them at the moment, but this is your game, so you get to call all the shots. If you want to use your music, don’t let us say boo.

Remember to prioritize, though. Right now, making users into Pokemon should be the main priority. After most of that’s sorted should you go on to editing the map, routes, dialogue, and so on and so forth.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:26AM EDT
Quote

Ok, let’sa go.

Name: BlueBlurrer

Type: Fire/Fighting (Like a Blaziken)

Ability: Huge Power (Now das OP.)

Egg Group: Human-Like

Height: 6’1

Moves: Doubleslap, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Shadow Punch, Sky Upper-cut, Blaze Kick, Solar Beam, Crunch, Mach Punch, Bounce, Taunt, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, and Earthquake.

Pokedex entry: It has the ability to talk, which makes it very common to see with people. If it gets mad, it’ll try to destroy anything around it.

Yeah I’m not good at making Pokemon.

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 04:56AM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 04:42AM EDT
Quote

A crud…I already represent myself as a pokemon on here..erm..
I do have old sprited versions of me lying around i could dig up. But there’s obviously dudes so it would be like some moemon nonsense :P

Plus..I’m kinda new to the community scratches back of his head
I don’t even know if I’d be allowed in…

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:22AM EDT
Quote

Shadowman, can I just thank you for the work you’ve put into this silly fun thing?


Thank you.

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 01:39PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 01:39PM EDT
Quote

Serious Business wrote:

Shadowman, can I just thank you for the work you’ve put into this silly fun thing?


Thank you.

First of all, I have to thank you for thanking me, because that really means a lot. Honestly.

Now, while I’m here, I’ll just let you guys in on something: Goat-Tan is complete (However I may or may not go back in and tweak her sprite a little.)

I wanted to make a gif of what it looked like in-game, but the footage was too long, and no gif maker went as long as I wanted it to, so I just made a video out of it.
I’m spoiler tagging it, because I’m afraid of some of the reactions that might come out of this. Also, my trainer’s name is “LANDON” because that’s the default trainer name if you choose “New Name” and then leave it blank.




In other news, I’ve started on some of your sprites, but keep in mind, this is going to be a long process. Also, just in case any of you are wondering, I decided to make the three starters Goat-Tan, Cheeto, and Jake Bloodhog for a reason. Instead of having Super Robo Jesus, I chose Jake because one, he is green, and would make a good grass starter, and two, that I want to make Super Robo Jesus a legendary… Possibly replacing Groudon. Plus, he doesn’t really have a basic design… It would be kind of wierd getting this huge badass Transformer as your starter Pokémon, the Pokémon that’s not supposed to be the best, and is supposed to look like an early game Pokémon.

But yeah, other than that, this is all I have to show for right now. I will reveal little by little as the game slowly pieces together, and keep this forum updated regularly. See you then~

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 03:00PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 02:59PM EDT
Quote

Looks sweet, man. Really going to enjoy this when it comes out. Also, as someone who confused himself looking up the most minor of game making stuff, I’m incredibly impressed

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:09PM EDT
Quote

here is the ref sheet for gamerman

If you’d prefer to make me an umbreon like i am on here…I’ll make a sprite with headphones and a scarf and get back to you…
(if i make it in…)
You’re awesome for doing this all btw. I think we all agree on that.

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:33PM EDT
Quote

Lucky Absol wrote:

Let me just add some stuff to this…

Naughty nature

Sucker Punch
Superpower
Fire Blast
Knock Off since Night Slash don’t exist.

Huge Power is there since Magic Bounce isn’t available.

Add the mistletoe to the emover.

And that’s one Lucky Absol.

Also you’re awesome for doing this.

Apr 24, 2014 at 03:40PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

First of all, I have to thank you for thanking me, because that really means a lot. Honestly.

Now, while I’m here, I’ll just let you guys in on something: Goat-Tan is complete (However I may or may not go back in and tweak her sprite a little.)

I wanted to make a gif of what it looked like in-game, but the footage was too long, and no gif maker went as long as I wanted it to, so I just made a video out of it.
I’m spoiler tagging it, because I’m afraid of some of the reactions that might come out of this. Also, my trainer’s name is “LANDON” because that’s the default trainer name if you choose “New Name” and then leave it blank.




In other news, I’ve started on some of your sprites, but keep in mind, this is going to be a long process. Also, just in case any of you are wondering, I decided to make the three starters Goat-Tan, Cheeto, and Jake Bloodhog for a reason. Instead of having Super Robo Jesus, I chose Jake because one, he is green, and would make a good grass starter, and two, that I want to make Super Robo Jesus a legendary… Possibly replacing Groudon. Plus, he doesn’t really have a basic design… It would be kind of wierd getting this huge badass Transformer as your starter Pokémon, the Pokémon that’s not supposed to be the best, and is supposed to look like an early game Pokémon.

But yeah, other than that, this is all I have to show for right now. I will reveal little by little as the game slowly pieces together, and keep this forum updated regularly. See you then~

By Arceus, that is f***ing epic.
You are the MAN for doing this.

Apr 24, 2014 at 04:26PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

First of all, I have to thank you for thanking me, because that really means a lot. Honestly.

Now, while I’m here, I’ll just let you guys in on something: Goat-Tan is complete (However I may or may not go back in and tweak her sprite a little.)

I wanted to make a gif of what it looked like in-game, but the footage was too long, and no gif maker went as long as I wanted it to, so I just made a video out of it.
I’m spoiler tagging it, because I’m afraid of some of the reactions that might come out of this. Also, my trainer’s name is “LANDON” because that’s the default trainer name if you choose “New Name” and then leave it blank.




In other news, I’ve started on some of your sprites, but keep in mind, this is going to be a long process. Also, just in case any of you are wondering, I decided to make the three starters Goat-Tan, Cheeto, and Jake Bloodhog for a reason. Instead of having Super Robo Jesus, I chose Jake because one, he is green, and would make a good grass starter, and two, that I want to make Super Robo Jesus a legendary… Possibly replacing Groudon. Plus, he doesn’t really have a basic design… It would be kind of wierd getting this huge badass Transformer as your starter Pokémon, the Pokémon that’s not supposed to be the best, and is supposed to look like an early game Pokémon.

But yeah, other than that, this is all I have to show for right now. I will reveal little by little as the game slowly pieces together, and keep this forum updated regularly. See you then~

Quick protip: Make Goat-tan’s collar blue. She’s a water type, and having no trace of blue or water-eusqe visual traits would be confusing.

Apr 24, 2014 at 04:55PM EDT

Mandl Brought wrote:

Quick protip: Make Goat-tan’s collar blue. She’s a water type, and having no trace of blue or water-eusqe visual traits would be confusing.





Your argument is invalid.

(But yeah, real talk, thanks for the tip, and I’ll think of a way to make her look more water type. But remember, I can’t go off from what Goat-Tan already looks like. I originally only wanted her to just be plain Normal Type, but that would go against the trend… However, if everyone is oky with her just being normal type, I can make that happen.)

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 05:04PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 05:01PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:





Your argument is invalid.

(But yeah, real talk, thanks for the tip, and I’ll think of a way to make her look more water type. But remember, I can’t go off from what Goat-Tan already looks like. I originally only wanted her to just be plain Normal Type, but that would go against the trend… However, if everyone is oky with her just being normal type, I can make that happen.)

>real talk

I spy with my little eye a former Grump.

Sorry if I’m mistaken and you’re just a normal person saying a phrase.

Staying relevant: I’m perfectly fine with Goat-Tan being a normal type.

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 05:16PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 05:13PM EDT
Quote

Dennis (The Hitman) wrote:

>real talk

I spy with my little eye a former Grump.

Sorry if I’m mistaken and you’re just a normal person saying a phrase.

Staying relevant: I’m perfectly fine with Goat-Tan being a normal type.

No, I love the game grumps.

Grumps are love

Grumps are life

(Now that you mention it I’m keeping the Exploud family and renaming Whismur to Pumbloom)

Apr 24, 2014 at 05:24PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

… Hate to break it to you but each Pokémon has to have a maximum of 13 moves.

Darn. Just take thirteen from the list. Any is fine. Preferrably Fire and Normal moves.

Apr 24, 2014 at 05:30PM EDT
Quote

I have no idea how this works, but this looks cool… So I’ll give it a try…


Name : Lowcaster ( Stickmen with Top Hat ) Level 14

Type : Ghost
Ability : (Copies ability of opposing side )

Moves : Focus Punch, Swords Dance, Sing , Solar Beam…

Pokedex : (The Forgotten Pokemon) It was born from a child’s drawing back when he was only 4, but it has a hatred of children because the pokemon was thrown in a trash can to get more space in a dresser….
Anyone who owns him must be warned that he might chase children…


Name : Strafacased ( A stickman wearing a purple headband if male, sky blue if female).

Type : Ghost/Fighting
Ability : Fighting Spirit ( %25+ Damage for all fighting moves when HP under %50 )

Moves : Focus Punch , Swords Dance , Substitute , Hi-Jump Kick

Pokedex : While learning to respect most children as a friend, It also learned various fighting techniques, although it still has a leaning grudge against the more vulgar type of children, and "lost his manners, he always stays and respects his trainer…
______________________\

Also Shadowman’s a cool guy for doing this, if there was a Hall of Fame for KYM, he would be in it… :D

Apr 24, 2014 at 05:33PM EDT
Quote

lowercase wrote:

I have no idea how this works, but this looks cool… So I’ll give it a try…


Name : Lowcaster ( Stickmen with Top Hat ) Level 14

Type : Ghost
Ability : (Copies ability of opposing side )

Moves : Focus Punch, Swords Dance, Sing , Solar Beam…

Pokedex : (The Forgotten Pokemon) It was born from a child’s drawing back when he was only 4, but it has a hatred of children because the pokemon was thrown in a trash can to get more space in a dresser….
Anyone who owns him must be warned that he might chase children…


Name : Strafacased ( A stickman wearing a purple headband if male, sky blue if female).

Type : Ghost/Fighting
Ability : Fighting Spirit ( %25+ Damage for all fighting moves when HP under %50 )

Moves : Focus Punch , Swords Dance , Substitute , Hi-Jump Kick

Pokedex : While learning to respect most children as a friend, It also learned various fighting techniques, although it still has a leaning grudge against the more vulgar type of children, and "lost his manners, he always stays and respects his trainer…
______________________\

Also Shadowman’s a cool guy for doing this, if there was a Hall of Fame for KYM, he would be in it… :D

Thank you so much for your praise!

However, unfortunately, it is impossible for me to completely insert your Usermon in, for a couple reasons.

~ This is a generation III ROM hack, and gender differences didn’t exist until generation IV, thus even if I wanted to, I couldn’t implement them, since there is no such coding that allows that.
~I please ask that you provide a reference for each of your Usermon… I know you provided a description, but in order to make this as accurate as possible, I please ask that you provide a reference so I can put in exactly what you have in mind.
~Also, finally, I don’t have any program that can create new abilities, so Fighting Spirit can’t be an ability. Also, I think it exceeds the character limit for generation III.

So, yeah… Sorry about those. Is it okay with you if instead of Fighting Spirit I give you Guts?

Apr 24, 2014 at 05:52PM EDT
Quote

I would be The kitsune! a master of trickery, and slyness (as per me being a fox).
My attacks would focus on quickness, and accuracy; and a special attack could be poisoning the enemy.
I would however be frail to brute strength.And be no match for air type pokemon.
I would most likely be a ground type pokemon.
I would also however be a frail pokemon easy to kill.
Use the pyong the fox character for drawing inspiration.

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 06:12PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

Thank you so much for your praise!

However, unfortunately, it is impossible for me to completely insert your Usermon in, for a couple reasons.

~ This is a generation III ROM hack, and gender differences didn’t exist until generation IV, thus even if I wanted to, I couldn’t implement them, since there is no such coding that allows that.
~I please ask that you provide a reference for each of your Usermon… I know you provided a description, but in order to make this as accurate as possible, I please ask that you provide a reference so I can put in exactly what you have in mind.
~Also, finally, I don’t have any program that can create new abilities, so Fighting Spirit can’t be an ability. Also, I think it exceeds the character limit for generation III.

So, yeah… Sorry about those. Is it okay with you if instead of Fighting Spirit I give you Guts?

- Instead of headbands, a purple hoodie and a black scarf, ( You don’t have to add the scarf )

- I don’t know what Guts is but my usermon can have it.

- references

Apr 24, 2014 at 07:19PM EDT
Quote

shadowmancreator i think it is good you are making a kym game and i think it is fine it is full of people i’ve never heard of. but please be sure to finish it. because (correct me if i’m wrong recently active users) even though lots of people said they were gonna make games (even me!) no one has completed it.

godspeed.

Apr 24, 2014 at 07:44PM EDT
Quote

Excuses for being worried, but did you get my submission for a Usermon?

Also, you should replace MissingNo.’s names with “Anon” to give some of that forum feel to it.

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 08:31PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 08:27PM EDT
Quote

Shadowmancreator, I forgot to add the extra 9 moves my Usermon can use, here ya go:

Leech Seed
Solar Beam
Razor Leaf
Bide
Spore
Attract
Tackle
Pound
Scratch

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 08:32PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 08:30PM EDT
Quote

Slime 'Cap wrote:

Excuses for being worried, but did you get my submission for a Usermon?

Also, you should replace MissingNo.’s names with “Anon” to give some of that forum feel to it.

Yes, sorry… I’m not able to respond to everyone since the submissions keep piling up, but every user that has posted here with their stats has been documented, and put on the drawing board. I’m sorry for making you worried, but yes, I do have your Umbreon.
One thing I do instead of replying, I just upvote it, just to hint that I saw it, and got it.

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 08:34PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

oy i should also note something myself. Gamerman would have to be physic or dark. Either would do.

Apr 24, 2014 at 08:34PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

Yes, sorry… I’m not able to respond to everyone since the submissions keep piling up, but every user that has posted here with their stats has been documented, and put on the drawing board. I’m sorry for making you worried, but yes, I do have your Umbreon.
One thing I do instead of replying, I just upvote it, just to hint that I saw it, and got it.

Do you need to make up your own stats to be a possible?

Apr 24, 2014 at 08:36PM EDT
Quote

Monos89 wrote:

Do you need to make up your own stats to be a possible?

Oh, no… And honestly, I sort of would prefer if you didn’t, only because not everyone knows the average of things competitive-wise, plus, you’re going to have over 400 users trying to make their usermon the most badass there is. We have to have some “not-so-great” users in there to even the playing field.

Apr 24, 2014 at 08:45PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

Oh, no… And honestly, I sort of would prefer if you didn’t, only because not everyone knows the average of things competitive-wise, plus, you’re going to have over 400 users trying to make their usermon the most badass there is. We have to have some “not-so-great” users in there to even the playing field.

Alright, thanks. I was worried for a moment, I don’t know enough about stats and stuff to make something reasonable

Apr 24, 2014 at 08:50PM EDT
Quote

Lucky Absol wrote:

Also you’re awesome for doing this.

Naughty nature
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Fire Blast
Knock Off since Night Slash don’t exist.
Huge Power is there since Magic Bounce isn’t available.
Add the mistletoe to the emover.

And that’s one Lucky Absol.

Just a couple of more things.
The stats will be same as a regular Mega Absol. And if anyone wants to get me I suppose you could make a regular Absol evolve at level 50 otherwise I’ll I will just remain the dark type elite 4 main Pokemon. Good luck.

Do not forget to put the mistletoe on the emover! Very important.

Good luck again.

Apr 24, 2014 at 08:53PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

Oh, no… And honestly, I sort of would prefer if you didn’t, only because not everyone knows the average of things competitive-wise, plus, you’re going to have over 400 users trying to make their usermon the most badass there is. We have to have some “not-so-great” users in there to even the playing field.

I can be a not so great user! I can even the playing field! I’m a banana! I could even be a floating banana and replace magikarp! I just want to be a pokemon!
Also I think a banana would have low attack. And speed. And maybe health.

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 09:03PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 09:02PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

Oh, no… And honestly, I sort of would prefer if you didn’t, only because not everyone knows the average of things competitive-wise, plus, you’re going to have over 400 users trying to make their usermon the most badass there is. We have to have some “not-so-great” users in there to even the playing field.

I was wondering. Are you really going to make sprites out of everyone or are you just picking and choosing. If so who have you picked so far?

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:00PM EDT
Quote

This all seems pretty damned cool. I don’t care if i’m in the game or not (I don’t have any other angles anyways), all I care is that the mod is terrific fun. Good luck, You’ll need it!

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:38PM EDT
Quote

I’ll shorten my Moveset.

Start: Scratch
Start: Leer
5: Bide
10: Bulk up
25: Headbutt
41: Fire Blast
50: Stomp
71: Outrage

TM/HM:
Toxic
Attract
Cut
Strength
Return

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:04PM EDT
Quote

Snarbolax wrote:

A KYM-themed Pokémon hack? Hell, I’m all in. Anyway, here are some reference pictures of the Snarbolax for the sprite:




And here is some info for the Pokémon itself:
Type: Dark
Ability: Intimidate or Rough Skin
Egg Group: Monster
Possible Moves: Dig, Pin Missile, Roar, Bite, Crunch, and Spikes
Pokedex Entry: Snarbolax, The Frumious Pokémon. This shadowy beast lives deep in the woods. It hunts its prey with eyes of fire and attacks with sharp thorns and bites.

Feel free to make any tweaks to the info and moves if necessary.

Well, since everyone here is posting their stats for their Usermon, I might as well update my submission with stats:
HP:
Attack:☆☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆☆
Speed: ☆☆☆
(This is sort of a rough draft and I’m not sure if it’s borderline pseudo-legendary, so feel free to balance it if necessary.)

Also, since you’re making Shiny versions of Usermons, here’s an alternate coloration for the shiny coloration. It is the Snarbolax when it is stunned during the fight with it:

Last edited Apr 24, 2014 at 11:58PM EDT
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:52PM EDT
Quote

Dinonick wrote:

I was wondering. Are you really going to make sprites out of everyone or are you just picking and choosing. If so who have you picked so far?

Everyone’s getting sprited.

Also, why is everyone using the low HP, high attack model?

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:04AM EDT
Quote

I’ll put my stats.

HP:☆☆☆
Attack:☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆
Speed: ☆☆

Last edited Apr 25, 2014 at 12:23AM EDT
Apr 25, 2014 at 12:12AM EDT
Quote

Might as well jump on the stats bandwagon.

HP: ☆☆☆

Atk: ☆☆☆

Def: ☆☆

Sp. Atk: ☆☆☆☆

Sp. Def: ☆☆

Spd: ☆☆☆

(I’m trying to ensure it’s not OP. The stats themselves provide a weakness. I’m also trying to avoid making a glass cannon, here)

Apr 25, 2014 at 04:13AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Boy Player: Jamie Dubs
Girl Player: KYM-Tan
Rival: Deadpool


Name: Natsuru -> NatsuruSpring -> NatsuruSpringfield
(Essentially my original form, standard form, and favored form)
Type: Fairy/Electric
Would likely have Thunder somewhere in the moveset (INDIGNATION), Hyper Beam (MASTAH SPAARK), though I am not completely certain if the Fairy Type has any Laser Beam or Dakka like attacks. But yeah, projectiles with Moar Dakka.

I’m not an expert at pokemon so I wouldn’t know how to go about it. Same balance as Dedene maybe? Well, you be the judge.

If Fairy can’t be done as previously hinted at, I would go for Flying/Electric instead. I don’t know shit about stat balancing sooooooooooooo… yeah. Disregard what I said earlier about my stat balance.

Apr 25, 2014 at 06:35AM EDT
Quote

Dinonick wrote:

I was wondering. Are you really going to make sprites out of everyone or are you just picking and choosing. If so who have you picked so far?

Well, I plan to sprite everyone, if at all possible. Right now, I’m doing the KYM injokes and the Mods, just to give everyone time to finalize their decision. You never know if someone decides to change their design shortly after posting. Once I finished the mods and injokes, I’ll start on all the users, beginning with either ones that I like, or from the beginning of the thread.
I’ve already started on some of your skeletons, just so I have an idea when I start the actual sprite.

Also… While I’m here, I’m going to let everyone else know ahead of time that I plan to “be like Sakurai” when it comes to this hack.

If some of you don’t already know, I’ve decided that this isn’t just going to be like Moémon, where it’s just Pokémon Ruby with KYM users… I’m going to be adding some other events, and post-game events where you are able to catch the legendary Mods. I mean, I have all these tools, and it’s really a waste if I don’t use them. I’m letting you in on a secret with this…. I’ve already put into the game my own little secret. Once you obtain all the Mods, then the path to the ultimate enemy will appear… Who it will be may surprise you. And I know exactly who you’re thinking of when I say this, and you may or may not be right. When the game comes out, you’ll know…

(P.S.- I’ll reveal hints about this and the story every so often as the game is developed whenever I need a filler.)

Apr 25, 2014 at 09:57AM EDT
Quote

Oh yeah, will this only be available on PC?

Last edited Apr 25, 2014 at 10:11AM EDT
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:10AM EDT
Quote

Looks pretty good so far. Not certain I can contribute much though, but I want to see what the end product looks like.
Related:

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:22AM EDT
Quote

Lil B wrote:

Oh yeah, will this only be available on PC?

I’m going to send out just the ROM, so you can play it on both Mac and PC depending on which emulator you use.

If you don’t know which one you should get, look here for Mac and look here for PC.

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:33AM EDT
Quote

I’d like to put my submission in.

Emerson: Dark Type. Ability: Insomnia/Trace
HP:☆☆☆
Attack:☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆☆
Speed: ☆☆☆

Tacyreg (Pronounced Taky-R[e]g): Dark/Ghost Type. Ability: Insomnia/Trace

HP:☆☆☆
Attack:☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆☆☆
Speed: ☆☆☆☆

Apr 25, 2014 at 03:47PM EDT
Quote

Emerson Grey wrote:

I’d like to put my submission in.

Emerson: Dark Type. Ability: Insomnia/Trace
HP:☆☆☆
Attack:☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆☆
Speed: ☆☆☆

Tacyreg (Pronounced Taky-R[e]g): Dark/Ghost Type. Ability: Insomnia/Trace

HP:☆☆☆
Attack:☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆☆☆
Speed: ☆☆☆☆

Like “tay key ruh-egg”?

Apr 25, 2014 at 04:02PM EDT
Quote

Dennis (The Hitman) wrote:

Like “tay key ruh-egg”?

Just think “Grey Cat” backwards

Apr 25, 2014 at 04:23PM EDT
Quote

Shadow Man wrote:

Well, I plan to sprite everyone, if at all possible. Right now, I’m doing the KYM injokes and the Mods, just to give everyone time to finalize their decision. You never know if someone decides to change their design shortly after posting. Once I finished the mods and injokes, I’ll start on all the users, beginning with either ones that I like, or from the beginning of the thread.
I’ve already started on some of your skeletons, just so I have an idea when I start the actual sprite.

Also… While I’m here, I’m going to let everyone else know ahead of time that I plan to “be like Sakurai” when it comes to this hack.

If some of you don’t already know, I’ve decided that this isn’t just going to be like Moémon, where it’s just Pokémon Ruby with KYM users… I’m going to be adding some other events, and post-game events where you are able to catch the legendary Mods. I mean, I have all these tools, and it’s really a waste if I don’t use them. I’m letting you in on a secret with this…. I’ve already put into the game my own little secret. Once you obtain all the Mods, then the path to the ultimate enemy will appear… Who it will be may surprise you. And I know exactly who you’re thinking of when I say this, and you may or may not be right. When the game comes out, you’ll know…

(P.S.- I’ll reveal hints about this and the story every so often as the game is developed whenever I need a filler.)

First off thank you for the response and of course taking the time to develop the game
a follow up question though. When do you think this will come out? You said it will take “a while”. Can we get a bit more specific for how long a while is? is it weeks, months, years or have you already finished and are now just cock blocking us
Once again thanks

Apr 25, 2014 at 04:33PM EDT
Quote

Emerson Grey wrote:

I’d like to put my submission in.

Emerson: Dark Type. Ability: Insomnia/Trace
HP:☆☆☆
Attack:☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆☆
Speed: ☆☆☆

Tacyreg (Pronounced Taky-R[e]g): Dark/Ghost Type. Ability: Insomnia/Trace

HP:☆☆☆
Attack:☆☆☆☆
Defense:☆☆☆
Sp. Attack: ☆☆☆☆
Sp. Defense: ☆☆☆☆
Speed: ☆☆☆☆

OOP, I just noticed I messed up the Tacyerg name. Just switch the r and e in the name above.

Apr 25, 2014 at 04:38PM EDT
Quote

Hey! You must login or signup first!