Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Photoshop Central

Last posted May 01, 2014 at 07:39PM EDT. Added Apr 22, 2014 at 05:32PM EDT
16 posts from 8 users

Come to shop or ask for help and talk about tips, show of your work or post your fave work you've seen…or worst…Or just bitch about stuff (i myself hate when people touch themselves up in pics…More so when they do a bad job)

So whats everyone use? Fav programs? Mouse or tablet? Any Graphic Designers here?

Last edited Apr 22, 2014 at 05:33PM EDT

I used a combination of MS paint and screen shots off Power Point originally…
The didn't always turn out completely terrible ( two examples ) but I'm so glad that I now have GIMP. Still learning how to use it, so some of my previous attempts didn't turn out so great, but this thread motivated me to figure out how to shop more than anything else.

Last edited Apr 22, 2014 at 05:48PM EDT

Jill wrote:

I used a combination of MS paint and screen shots off Power Point originally…
The didn't always turn out completely terrible ( two examples ) but I'm so glad that I now have GIMP. Still learning how to use it, so some of my previous attempts didn't turn out so great, but this thread motivated me to figure out how to shop more than anything else.

lol The Goat thread motivated you……….

Ya Gimp was my 1st program and is actually a REALLY good (if not the best) free pm program.

I took Graphics back at school and actually did quite well in it to say the least, gained some valuable skills in using PS as well as a hefty amount of knowledge concerning product design, add on the fact that I did an extended IT course and you could say that I spent pretty much half my time at school on the computer, image editing and what not.

Unfortunately since I haven't taken up any type of work in that area I have lost a fair amount of the know-how I once had, which is a shame I suppose but I still regularly do some image/gif editing on the side every now and then. Recently I've been trying to wrap my head around colouring black and white images (World War photographs etc.)

I mainly use a fairly outdated piece of software, Macromedia Adobe Fireworks 8. I do have Ps but I find it hard to drag myself away from Fireworks at times, a bit of stubborn of me.

I use a combo of mouse and tablet. I have a Wacom Intuos, before you ask, no, I can't draw for shit but it really helps when it comes to touching up stuff and dealing with intricate work.

So yeah that's my experience

man i use to LOVE coloring black and white photos!

I also have a Wacom..Love it since its the new touch pad one. Makes using the keyboard useless now.

Last edited Apr 22, 2014 at 06:18PM EDT

I use a Monoprice tablet, which is a rebranded Huion h610. It doesn't have a touchpad, but it does have 2048 levels. The pen runs on a battery and you need to use the eraser tool instead of flipping the pen around, but considering the tablet is 50 bucks (30 on sale), you can't argue with it. It's awesome, and I prefer it to using a large Wacom Intuos 3.
Software wise I have the CS6 suite. I usually do Photoshop, but have done some flash animations. I have wanted to get into vector art with Illustrator, but haven't yet.

MS Paint and some other weird editors.

Anyway, wondering for help on an avatar. Need this

Filled with a bundle of sticks. Then changed the bottle to read my name, throw in some other shit on the bottle where the other text is on the bottle that relates to me/the bottle. Thanks in advance, fags. <3 you all. Carnally.

AutisticWeeb wrote:

MS Paint and some other weird editors.

Anyway, wondering for help on an avatar. Need this

Filled with a bundle of sticks. Then changed the bottle to read my name, throw in some other shit on the bottle where the other text is on the bottle that relates to me/the bottle. Thanks in advance, fags. <3 you all. Carnally.

im on it

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!