Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

sore loser or abysmal winner, which is worse

Last posted May 27, 2014 at 12:58PM EDT. Added May 26, 2014 at 04:18PM EDT
14 posts from 11 users

so we all know what a sore lose is, and i'll admit i'm a chronic sore loser in fact i just now raged off a cod ghost lobby and had to stop myself from throwing my xbox out the window.

And then we have the abysmal winner. Its not the fact that he/she is shit talking, now shit talking never really bothers anyone and it shouldn't, it's the fact that he/she is shit talking and he/she is winning that makes it so goddamn unbearable. the endless gloating, the condescending tone. It just make you wanna punch the stupid smirk of there face doesn't it?

So in your opinion which is worse someone who can't handle losing, or someone who talks massive amounts of shit after winning

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 04:47PM EDT

Well, it depends on how intense the loser or winner feels. If they're just crying, whining, and/or raging about losing, it's pretty bad. If the winner is up in your face bragging on and on, it's equally as bad.

And hey, playing video games and getting that upset is unhealthy. Games are meant to be fun, so don't overdo it. Play it for what it's, COD is a fast paced game, have a good time with it, losing a match isn't that bad. Unless you were giving it your all and the other team was trolling, abusing, or cheating.

Then that's bullshit.

Gary wrote:

Well, it depends on how intense the loser or winner feels. If they're just crying, whining, and/or raging about losing, it's pretty bad. If the winner is up in your face bragging on and on, it's equally as bad.

And hey, playing video games and getting that upset is unhealthy. Games are meant to be fun, so don't overdo it. Play it for what it's, COD is a fast paced game, have a good time with it, losing a match isn't that bad. Unless you were giving it your all and the other team was trolling, abusing, or cheating.

Then that's bullshit.

yeah i do have a problem with losing, i mean i know its just a game. But dammit i just can't stand losing, or just losing really bad is what gets me more than losing by say a little. Like if it feels like i didn't even make the other guy break a sweat, then my mind just becomes filled with anger and disappointment directed at myseld

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 10:29PM EDT

Bit of advice which helps me during games, never overplay yourself. If you are trying so hard that you're just blindly trying to achieve the kill, capture, or whatever it is, then that's not really fun and you'll end up dying a lot. That's how I started with FPS, but I learned to watch myself, think about what I would do next, and strategize. Kinda cheezy, but I'd have epic moments when I got into it. And by then, even if you do lose, you'll know you had some epic kills and streaks, and think "rats, maybe next time."

Huh? I thought they tended to go hand in hand? Well, maybe just from my experiences. I usually only play local multiplayer, so usually it's only done in a joking manner. But if I had to pick, I tend to resent Abysmal Winner's more. And sometimes I fight my absolute hardest because I know my opponent will be an Abysmal Winner if I play casually. coughanncough

Long story short: Whether or not you win or lose, you still have respect. However, you will lose that respect afterwards depending on how you obnoxiously you act. And potentially your friends.

Last edited May 27, 2014 at 06:32AM EDT

Gary wrote:

Then that's bullshit.

i'll try it out and see how well it works out

Both are immature and annoying. I was watching the F1 race at Monaco the other day, where Nico Rosberg placed 1st and his Mercedes AMG teammate Lewis Hamilton placed 2nd. Rosberg and Hamilton have been friends since they were kids, and have been having an incredible season. Monaco was the 6th race of the season; Rosberg won race #1, and Hamilton won races #2 – #5, with Rosberg winning #6. 2nd place is of course extremely respectable, but after the race, Hamilton said of his teammate, "We're not friends… we're colleagues." He didn't talk to his teammate nor did he congratulate him after the finish. And just a little while before the race, both drivers insisted that their friendship wouldn't be shaken by competing against each other. Even the guy who came in third was happier than Hamilton was.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!