Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

304,019 total conversations in 8,673 threads

+ New Thread

Nations RP- Open Spots for New Players

Last posted Jul 18, 2014 at 12:26AM EDT. Added Jun 01, 2014 at 12:37PM EDT
699 posts from 28 users

Richter von Zelmisburg wrote:

Are we gonna do the thing or wat?

I think either Cale is busy with something in real life or his waiting for one player who hasn’t posted their turn yet.

EDIT: A rare moment where I’m the one who says page get.

Last edited Jun 19, 2014 at 02:00AM EDT
Jun 19, 2014 at 01:59AM EDT

Turn 11, 800 AD

Map of the World

Events:

- Ever more do the bloody gears of war turn in the East. So many lives have been taken, it is beyond any political or religious purpose, only continuing for hatred of the enemy. So much so that many cities have been utterly destroyed in the conflict. One particularly horrid instance has the Byzantines crucifying the population of Jerusalem before tearing down every building, under the claim that they should have given their lives to protect the city from infidels.

Astora
Captain Douglas J Falcon
Sedentary Slavs
Feudal Theocracy
-Military;
Army: xxxxx
-Economy;
Revenue: xxx
Treasury: xx
- Average Peasant Class, Average Working Class.

- Astorans blatantly do things “like the Cattonians”. Concepts taken include a bonus to veterans of the military, and primary education in military institutions. As a result, the Astoran budget is struggling to keep up with what amounts to a standing Army.
- War dogs are sent to Cattonia. They kill many peasants and herdsmen before they are put down.
- Trade with neighbors seems to be unlikely with the Latvians, now relatively hostile to the Astorans for killing their allies. Maybe Astora should talk to those Authorian guys.

Kolechians
MrStalker
Sedentary Slavs
Tribal Confederation
-Military;
Army: xxxx
-Economy;
Revenue: x
-Vast Hunter-Warrior Class

- The collective asses of the Kolechians finally kiss the ground in the northern Altai Mountains.

Al Amarja
CrowTheMagician
Sedentary Germans
Technocracy
-Military;
-Economy;
-Average Peasant Class, Average Working Class

- It is demanded that useless currency should be made, and so iron Coins are minted, as well as pieces of cloth deigned “currency”.
- Tax reforms lead to those who aren’t the best at their job to be taxed into oblivion, alongside a new “civil service” that puts many craftsmen out of work for lack of “merit”. Such is that many openly protest, and productivity goes down.
- Alchemy is performed by many of Amarja’s learned. However, no matter how hard they try, they cannot revive their dead mothers.

Kalos
Fridge Logic
Sedentary Germans
Feudal Monarchy
-Military;
Navy: xxx
-Economy;
Revenue: xxxxx
Treasury: x
-Average Peasant Class, Average Working Class, Small Economic Elite

- Charters for a new maritime company are made, creating the Hanse League, dedicated to preserving commercial freedom in the Baltic. Such is that the east Baltic is relatively safe, but Norse ships are unwilling to let any into or passed their controlled waters.
- Large-scale reconstruction begins in the Egglands, quickly granting a return to normal, filthy peasant living.
- The King places his daughter as regent in the event of his death. He dies. Most assume the Princess will quickly marry. After all, she could only really run the Kingdom three-fourths of the time HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
- The Illuminati do some things. No one will ever know, because they have suddenly exploded violently in a great smokey fireball.

Authoria
Spider-byte
Sedentary Germans
Feudal Monarchy
-Military;
Navy: xx
-Economy;
Treasury: xxxx

- Literacy becomes a compulsory part of Militia life, and soon the number of read peoples in Authoria goes up to an astounding seven percent.
- Taxes are given a slight boost, such sets many grumbling, but no pitchforks have been raised.

Sachielia
CrouchingSloth
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Representative Militant Republic
-Military;
-Economy;
Revenue: xxxx

- Expansions are halted by a sudden incursion of Foznians, who bee-line towards the Sachielian capital (and its only city).
- Scribes are employed full-time, now producing copies of common law, spreading them around and reading them to the illiterate.
- Criminals guilty to a particularly heinous crimes now suffer a new punishment in the form of military service. Such criminals are hard to corral under any promise or threat, however, and are organized into small auxiliary units, usually the “forlorn hope” to run at an enemy and gauge their strength.

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:16PM EDT

Arstotzka
LaikaOS
Sedentary Slavic Nice Guys
Fedoragarchy
-Military;
Army: xxxxxx
-Economy;
Treasury:
- Average Peasant Class, Average Working Class

- Foreign mercenaries (particularly Moklaezians) are hired on in number to act as officers and auxiliaries to the Arstotzkan forces.
- Many tolls are slashed or removed all together, and soon wagons start to flow through the nation again.
- The Oligarchy resumes its legal position, and soon a great era of Iconoclasm befalls the nation: religious icons and buildings are destroyed and number, and many riots break out around the nation. However, the fairly fascist military machine has no second thoughts about putting down dissenters. What could have been a bloody civil war instead ends up as a few village burnings, and the nation stabilizes, though rumors of insurgents abound.
- A new history of Arstotzka is told in a series of lies created by the oligarchy uncovered by the efforts of hardworking historians, regarding the truth about such many events and wars Arstotzka won, including the Six-Year War.

Cattonia
madcat
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Representative Republic
-Military;
-Economy;
Revenue: xxxxxx
Treasury: xxxxx

- Many peasants and herdsmen are killed by Astoran war-hounds, sent for some unknown reason. They are quickly put down.
- War against the Magyars drives them away from the Ural Range, as they cannot keep up with loses as Cattonia can.
- A route to the legendary Silk Road opens up, and Cattonia becomes a center for eastern exotic goods in Europe, such as Jade, Silks, Fireworks, and other items.

Maldania
unusedusername
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Representative Republic
-Military;
-Economy;

- Property taxes, as well as taxes placed on goods, are set in place, putting the thumb of the senate so much the deeper into the pie of commerce.
- 24-hour guard shifts are demanded and scheduled. Such is that now Maldanian forces patrol the land. At night..
- Craftsmen are sent to supplement forces on the southern border. God knows why.
- The archer is apparently introduced, but such is unseeded. Steppe folk have been using the bow since before Germans were wearing trousers.

Moklaezia
RichterVonZelmisburg
Sedentary Germans
Plutocracy
-Military;
-Economy;
Treasury: xxx

- An ambitious plan of action spells dreadful consequences: an assassination plot against the Patriarch of the East, leader of the Orthodox faiths, fails in a bloody manner in Constantinople. Many Moklaezian agents lie dead at the hands of the Foedetari guards. Perhaps worse, the Realm blames Al Amarja for this act, having heard of their less savory agents through Lombards migrating to the region.
- In other news a census is taken: population estimates from 200-230,000.
- Access is given by The Byzantines to the Mediterranean, as Moklaezia is now an ally, but patrol efforts in the area prove futile. Byzantine Fleets set ruthless patrols that repel any foreigners with cruel Greek Fire, so much that only hired Varangians go beyond the Italian Peninsula.

Foznia
SlappyTheFish
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Tribal Republic
-Military;
Navy: x
-Economy;
Treasury:

- A major harbor is constructed on the Aral coast, which provides access too… not a lot.
- Attempts to market horses and dogs lead to a horrid disaster, whereupon several horses and dogs successfully interbreed to create carnivorous fanged horses with claws. God knows only what other evils this world has.
- Minor aqueducts are lined out and installed in major cities, allowing a cheap supply of fresh water to urban areas.
- An invasion of Sachielia sees the siege of their capital, where resistance is firm.

Madom Khanate
Syndic
Semi-Nomadic Turko-Mongols
Absolute Monarchy
-Military;
Army: xxxxxxx
-Economy;
-Small Peasant Class, Vast Hunter-Warrior Class

- Surrender is offered to the Goturks, with the privileges of retaining local government and an equal say in the Khan’s court. As such, vassals are made of the local Khans, which are soon absorbed completely into the Khanate.
- Bandits and Brigands are approached with a generous offer; to act as guards for the Road and Khanate Caravans. While the high salaries offered played a major part in their recruitment, surely the idea of not being hunted down like starving animals and fed the molten remains of their stolen money was the bigger factor.
- A new route to the northern reaches of Europe has the potential to lead the Silk Road to the next ocean.

Zonkers
theclassicrock1969
Semi-Nomadic Steppe Peoples
Tribal Confederation
-Military;
-Economy;
Revenue: xx
-Small Peasant Class, Large Hunter-Warrior Class

- An epic is written by one of the most talented men in the East, which tells the story of something probably.
- Herdsmen and peasants begin to settle in the more fertile regions of the area, while others keep moving.
- The right to own land and/or animals is granted to women folk, putting them practically on par with men.
- Mandatory schooling is put into place, hiring the learned of the Zonkers. However, classes are only convened a few times a month, and as it means the working children aren’t gone constantly, attendance is reasonable.

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:17PM EDT

Well,

I’m not going to name names, but I’ve managed to put myself in a situation which I didn’t actually expect to be in, even though the signs were there. I should’ve consulted a third party on this matter, but I hadn’t been feeling my best as of late.

I’m willing to stand down on request, but in the mean time, well played, sir…

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:24PM EDT

To Cattonia:
It seems that when I gave the order to “Send War Dogs to cattonia” SOMEONE down the line didn’t get the implication that they were to be sent as gifts. I offer a formal apology for that. War dogs will be sent to you, as GIFTS this time.
-Astora.

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:27PM EDT

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

To Cattonia:
It seems that when I gave the order to “Send War Dogs to cattonia” SOMEONE down the line didn’t get the implication that they were to be sent as gifts. I offer a formal apology for that. War dogs will be sent to you, as GIFTS this time.
-Astora.

Oh, it’s fine. Either way, I appreciate the gesture and take this as a sign that we can move forward together.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you, Syndic. That really opens up Cattonia for commerce.

Last edited Jun 19, 2014 at 04:45PM EDT
Jun 19, 2014 at 04:40PM EDT

Well now I know what to take down on my next turn. I really need to find a new way to boost my economy. Maybe I should focus on trade and tourism? Also I’m greatly aware that iron coins and cloth currency (in truth I was trying to imitate the Chinese paper money) is useless but what would you do when your treasury is drained dry.

Last edited Jun 19, 2014 at 05:37PM EDT
Jun 19, 2014 at 05:27PM EDT

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

To Cattonia:
-Astora.

Send those war dog things that were bred to Cattonia.

That’s… not very implicative of anything.

@Seed/Crow: You go broke because no one’s going to accept items that have no intrinsic value.

Last edited Jun 19, 2014 at 05:56PM EDT
Jun 19, 2014 at 05:54PM EDT

Al-Amarja and Authoria: I sent a command creating a trade route connecting our three countries. Can you guys approve this in your turns? I think it could be useful.

Jun 19, 2014 at 06:21PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Send those war dog things that were bred to Cattonia.

That’s… not very implicative of anything.

@Seed/Crow: You go broke because no one’s going to accept items that have no intrinsic value.

I’m not gonna do the tourism idea with those two items around, I’m suggesting that idea when my treasury isn’t in the danger of going dry at any moment.

Jun 19, 2014 at 06:41PM EDT

HAVE FAITH IN ARSTOTZKA
READ STATE APPROVED HISTORY
ENGAGE IN OLIGARCHY SPONSORED AND MUCH BENEFICIAL TRADE
SHUN TRAITOROUS THOUGHTS

>“though rumors of insurgents abound.”
…you mean

REPORT EZIC ACTIVITY

Glory to Arstotzka.

Jun 19, 2014 at 07:26PM EDT

As more Representative Republics spawn through countries, Maldania is proud to see progres with nations.
-Maldanian Senate

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:36PM EDT

I’d like to convene a war council. We have reason to believe that Vitalia is fielding an army to march on Amarja. With the Alliance the strongest it has even been, the Dux of Mokläzia’s opinion is that we must go to war against Vitalia. With their brutal actions, they have shown that they are no better than dogs, and our God ordains that the capital of Christendom has been revoked.

We have a short amount of time to plan. Those in the alliance, message me about what you can do to contribute to a war effort. It is time for the false zealots to go.

Jun 20, 2014 at 02:38AM EDT

Arstotzka is more than willing to help provide assistance in our friends time of need. That is what honorary comrades are for, right?

Vitalian will undoubtedly attack, they were wary of Al Amarja to begin with so with this incident added on top it’s almost become a certainty.

However when our armies march to your lands the Oligarchy demand that they remain free of your foreign influences and culture, after all, religion has just been ousted…and try not to talk to them, that might taint there minds…and try to remain out of their sight…and don’t show them anything colourful…

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:26AM EDT

Laika wrote:

Arstotzka is more than willing to help provide assistance in our friends time of need. That is what honorary comrades are for, right?

Vitalian will undoubtedly attack, they were wary of Al Amarja to begin with so with this incident added on top it’s almost become a certainty.

However when our armies march to your lands the Oligarchy demand that they remain free of your foreign influences and culture, after all, religion has just been ousted…and try not to talk to them, that might taint there minds…and try to remain out of their sight…and don’t show them anything colourful…

You won’t find corrupting influences on your path to the enemy. Let us march on and squash this ‘Vitalian’ bug before it multiplies! They have strayed from their true path, and have lost the faith of every being in the universe.

Glory to the Alliance!

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:35AM EDT

I guess this war is finally going to happen then, not to surprising really. It was pretty much preordained that Al Amarja and Vitalian will eventually try to tear each other apart, mainly because the two of them are opposites to each other.

Last edited Jun 20, 2014 at 06:01AM EDT
Jun 20, 2014 at 05:41AM EDT

Looks like the vikings have stirred up one hell of a hornets nest over to the far west. What’s going on over there?

Last edited Jun 20, 2014 at 06:47AM EDT
Jun 20, 2014 at 06:47AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Looks like the vikings have stirred up one hell of a hornets nest over to the far west. What’s going on over there?

(If I know where this is going… http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Sunset_Invasion )

Jun 20, 2014 at 06:54AM EDT

@Astora

Authoria Is planning on a conquest the turn after this. If you do wish to invade I feel it is required that the potential expansion is not blocked. However if you do not get much land you may have a large sum of ransacked goods and gold based on how much land Authoria gains.

Jun 20, 2014 at 08:42AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

He posted this on the last page:

It’s foreshadowing.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:36AM EDT

That’s too close to be the Americas. I’ts way too far south to be Iceland or Greenland. The Vikings are fighting Atlantis.

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:48AM EDT

Yes the turn will be in today.

Yes we are making a jump.

Yes it will probably be late again.

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:11PM EDT

CrouchingSloth wrote:

@Zonkers
Would you care to begin trade with Sachielia?

Of course. We’re open to trade with anyone. For the time being however we will stay neutral in your war with the Foznians.

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:13PM EDT

CrouchingSloth wrote:

Oh don’t worry about the Foznia situation, that’s been dealt with.

I take it you two have come to a peaceful compromise?

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:40PM EDT

CrouchingSloth wrote:

Oh don’t worry about the Foznia situation, that’s been dealt with.

EDIT: Expounding on that. I don’t have a PM from Slappy yet. If he misses this turn, you two are still at war as far as I’m concerned, and he does have your capital under siege, which will end this turn, on who’s favor, that depends.

@BSoD: I see you’ve been following. There are still slots open, no longer bound by the Culture rule.

Because I know you like New Zealand.

Last edited Jun 20, 2014 at 12:55PM EDT
Jun 20, 2014 at 12:48PM EDT

Tchefuncte Bonaparte wrote:

Is this the turn we are able to research new technologies?

Yes but I’d ask that this time you don’t send in an Edit.

Half the turns I have this round are Edits from Crow.

Jun 20, 2014 at 01:06PM EDT

Okay, just sent in an edit to deal with the possibility of Foznia missing a turn and failing to withdraw from my land.

I hope you submit your turn, Slappy. For your sake.

Jun 20, 2014 at 01:20PM EDT

Well, I’ve sent in my turn now. Now, we wait, or…

Fine Foznii Fillies! We got what you want and we got it by the stable!
Warhorses! Storehorses! Trained-to-open-a-door Horses!
Want a horse that can hop a fence? We got that!
Want a horse that can hop a human? Hell, we got that too!*
If you’re interested in our fine products, simply contact us via emissary or courier pigeon
If we don’t have an offer you can happily agree to within 3 fortnights, you get your diplomat back, free of charge!

Fine Foznii Fillies! They’re the best, neigh-sayers be damned!

*Please place human on side before attempting to jump over. Fine Foznii Fillies and the nation of Foznia will not assume responsibility for any injury, death, and/or global domination that may occur from usage of this product

Last edited Jun 20, 2014 at 01:59PM EDT
Jun 20, 2014 at 01:41PM EDT

Turn 12, 1100 AD

Map of the World

Events:

- It is a new era in the World, one that sees the widespread return of centralized authority to many peoples, and with it comes many cultural changes: it is an era of intrigue, where Knightly Orders rule the battlefield, and the icons one prays to matters more to others than the man himself. Tensions remain high, however, as there is little elbow room left to speak of between warring powers… perhaps the world is just too small?

- In 926 AD, The Crusade comes to a pitiful end. By this time, 1.8 million lives have been lost as a result of the conflict. The war leads to the complete economical and political disintegration of the Middle-East. Byzantine and Vitalian institutions crumble, and separate into petty warring states. Only in 1029 does the Prince of Constantinople, Komedeus I, lead a Reconquest of the former Byzantine world. Uniting the seat of Emperor and Patriarch, Komedeus founds the Imperium of Christendom, a fascist Orthodox state. At odds with all non-orthodox peoples, the seat of power in Europe is caught between France, an extensive, though somewhat disjointed, Catholic Kingdom, and the Imperium’s brutal Ecclesiarchy.

- Meanwhile, the Sufyanid Caliphate fractures into many splinter nations, the largest and most powerful of which is the Persian Caliphate, which maintains good relations with its Arab neighbor, but is warring with the now independent Indians.

- A Gothican Sailor, sponsored on a whim by the King, decides to make a reliable map of the coasts of Africa, which up until now, had been sparse and unreliable in the extreme.

Astora
Captain Douglas J Falcon
Sedentary Slavs
Feudal Theocracy
Heirs of the Sun
-Military;
-Economy;
- Average Peasant Class, Average Working Class.
Technology:

- Wardogs are sold to neighboring nation. There isn’t really a large market, considering war-dogs are by and large considered archaic. Like Bronze Pikes or Elephants.
- Apparently workplaces are established for workers to work. This is called their house and they’ve had these for thousands of years. A new concept of trading the items for money is also found to predate Astora by eons.
- An offensive is launched against Maldania. Despite 24-hour watches, many civil Guards were diverted to the east, and so an incursion from the west meets much less resistance. Siege is set upon a Maldanian city.

Kolechians
MrStalker
Sedentary Slavs
Autocracy
Old Pagan Worship
-Military;
-Economy;
Revenue: x
-Vast Hunter-Warrior Class
Technology:

- Insults about “Arstotzka” are none, for no one knows what an Arstotzka is.
- A despot takes lead of the Kolechians, and an autocracy forms around his regency.

Al Amarja
CrowTheMagician
Sedentary Germans
Technocracy
New Pagan Worship
-Military;
-Economy;
Technology: Primitive Supernatural Physics

- The “Civil Services” are discontinued, and the traditional tax system is brought back. Albeit raised a tad.
- Mandatory service in the Amarjan militias is made with a three year requirement. Such is that Amarja has a basic standing army, though struggles, being not so wealthy as other nations with simliar forces.
- The leaders of Amarja begin to fund a group of engineers, who promise doo-dads and gizmos.
- Efforts begin by the most spiritual Amarjans to unlock the old majyyks. Poor record keeping, as well as it being almost impossible to discern fact from fiction, make progress agonizingly slow.

Kalos
Fridge Logic
Sedentary Germans
Feudal Monarchy
Catholic Christian
-Military;
-Economy;
Treasury: x
Technology: Primitive Explosives

- In a misguided attempt to create gunpowder, an Illuminati alchemist mixes together sugar, spice, and everything nice, and creates a potion of immortality. He uses it before running away with all his research.
- A few weeks later someone comes up with a quick burning powder, however, that “pops” with a not unnoticeable force.
- The opening of several Academies combines with native Catholicism and cultural changes to create a local Knightly Order, the Knights of Saint Shalour.
- An unnamed system is devised, based mainly on old Roman wrestling and Greek Pankration.
- A trade stop is established on the Authoria-Moklaezian route, leading to a trade agreement with Authoria, and not entirely legal taxes on Moklaezian caravans.

Authoria
Spider-byte
Sedentary Germans
Feudal Monarchy
Heirs of The Sun
-Military;
-Economy;
Technology:

- One with the times, the major War Cults of Authoria combine into a Knightly Order for the Kingdom.
- Attempts to create Plate Armor meet mixed results: while the armor itself can be made, it is not highly effective, as metallurgists are unable to make the materials strong and hard enough to justify the weight.
- Additional assets are given to the Authorian Navy.
- Law enforcement is improved, somehow. Often criminal scum are forced to stop right there, where they choose to either pay with their blood or go quietly. To the army.

Last edited Jun 20, 2014 at 04:20PM EDT
Jun 20, 2014 at 04:12PM EDT

Sachielia
CrouchingSloth
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Representative Militant Republic
Heirs of The Sun
-Military;
-Economy;
Technology: Primitive Explosives, Primitive Medicine

- With great joy the siege ends and a new era of peace begins. Then the Cattonians invade and siege resumes.
- With the capital, and only center of commerce, strangled, income is chocked to almost nil.
- A hideous gift arrives from Foznia: a brood of strange beasts, wolf and horse mixed together (Horlves, singular: Horlf). They are stowed away for now.
- Borders fail to be strengthened, as every available Sachielian soldier is put north to defend against the Cattonians.
- Sachielian philosophers mix together several items, including saltpeter, to create a crude, fast burning powder.
- Doctors and surgeons begin extensive research into just what the fuck they actually do, and soon more practical medicinal ways emerge.

Arstotzka
LaikaOS
Sedentary Slavs
Oligarchy
Athiest
-Military;
-Economy;
Treasury:
- Average Peasant Class, Average Working Class
Technology:

Cattonian Republic
madcat
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Representative Republic
Heirs of The Sun
-Military;
-Economy;
Technology:

- Cattonians charge into Sachielia, meeting firm resistance from the active militia forces, but progress is still significant, with the capital under siege.
- Maldania, too, suffers an attack by Cattonia. This invasion sees much less resistance, as Astoran troops have many Maldanians tied up elsewhere. The capital is besieged.
- A large number of dogs are bought from Astora, probably on seeing their ability to kill helpless peasants.
- A statue is built, commemorating the connection of East and West via the Silk Road. It’s a statue of a silk bolt. Made of silk. It rots in the weather after a few months.

Maldania
unusedusername
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Representative Republic
Heirs of The Sun
-Military;
Army: xxx
-Economy;
Technology: Primitive Medicine

- A horrific double invasion afflicts the Maldanian people: Astora and Cattonia have teamed against the nation, and now the entire land is contested between the three. Forces sent to the east were unable to initially resist in the invasion, but have since rallied.
- In other news, Doctors and Surgeons begin work in earnest to discover how the body ticks.

Moklaezia
RichterVonZelmisburg
Sedentary Germans
Plutocracy
Orthodox Christian
-Military;
-Economy;
Technology: Superior Siege Gear

- Moklaezian philosophers and engineers begin to tinker with new ideas for Siege Engines, resulting in such ideas as barrels of flaming oil as munitions.
- Quotas for the Army induce additional conscripts into the Military, raising the body count, but also the expense of such.

Foznia
SlappyTheFish
Sedentary Steppe Peoples
Tribal Republic
Islam
-Military;
Army: xxx
Navy: x
-Economy;
Treasury:
Technology: Primitive Genetics

- Sachielia is abandoned as a military target, and a peace treaty is established, with many of the Carnivorous Wolf-Horses (Horlves, if you will) sent as a tribute.
- God save them, the Madom Khanate turns its gaze west, and an incursion upon Foznian lands occurs. The Foznian military, active from the prior invasion of Sachielia, is able to mount a resistance, but are simply no match for the Madomi warriors, instead relying on their high pedigree mounts to retreat and rally quickly.
- A newly founded Collegium begins investigations into the traits of living beings, and begin to observe patterns how certain things, such as colors and features, pass from parent to offspring.
- A “sport” is invented, involving the use of leather balls and sticks. It proves supremely popular among those not shot in the face with a Madomi Arrow.

Madom Khanate
Syndic
Semi-Nomadic Turko-Mongols
Absolute Monarchy
Islam
-Military;
Army: xxxxxxx
-Economy;
-Small Peasant Class, Vast Hunter-Warrior Class
Technology: Superior Armor

- An interesting item from the very far east is adopted by the Madomi: the Horo, a small parachute of silk that inflates from the windlash of riding horseback. Such an item is not only beautiful, but provides substantial proof against arrows from the rear and sides of the rider.
- New tactics are established to suit this new equipment, mainly the famous Cantabrian Circle and regular use of the Parthian Shot.
- The Khanate launches an invasion of the Persual Sultanate, the bulk of the Sufyanid’s heirs under a new title. The north-east contains the least important provinces to the Sultanate, and so resistance is thin, but counter attacks will be fierce.
- A second, lesser invasion of Foznia begins, where Madomi Horsemen are able to carve a swathe through the much less effective horsemen. It is worth noting that their horses are bred to a very high standard, and manage to run circles around the Asiatic steeds of the Khanate. They’re still shot and killed easily enough though.
- Wild herds of Horlves attack many forces, and seem to bear an ironic hatred of their fully equine cousins.

Zonkers
theclassicrock1969
Semi-Nomadic Steppe Peoples
Tribal Confederation
Islam
-Military;
-Economy;
-Small Peasant Class, Large Hunter-Warrior Class
Technology: Superior Agriculture

- The Tower mill is devised by a Zonker engineer, and while similar Post Mills are found in western Europe, the superior design allows for more convenient placement of machinery.
- The secrets of Greek Fire have become an obsession for Zonker Philosophers, and are working in earnest to produce the famous unquenchable flames.
- The Zonkers unfortunately cannot join the Nords, because they are much too far.

Last edited Jun 20, 2014 at 04:14PM EDT
Jun 20, 2014 at 04:13PM EDT

Mr.Stalker wrote:

Kolechia is best country, better than ARSEtotska.

In seriousness, Maldania does not encourage such smack talk with nations..

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:17PM EDT

New bits:

Technology: I covered this before, but you can have up to two projects running at a time, their completion being based on economy and complexity of the task. Entire subjects are more complicated than others, so one may have “Superior Siege Gear” for example, but the standard around the world would be “Adept Siege Gear”, and one could have “Primitive Medicine”, where the standard around the world is no medicine at all.

Religion: Beneath your culture and government is the dominant religion in your nation. This now has great weight in determining your relations with NPC neighbors, and even your people’s opinions on Player neighbors. The dominant religions are The Heirs of The Sun in northern Europe, Islam in the East, Catholicism in west Europe, and Orthodoxy in south Europe and Africa.

EDIT: Also for those of you invading or being invaded (all of you), remember that cross-colored areas are contested, and neither nation controls that area completely. So even if the entire country is cross-hatched, that doesn’t mean anyone has lost. It just means the native power has sever economic and political restraints.

Last edited Jun 20, 2014 at 04:24PM EDT
Jun 20, 2014 at 04:19PM EDT

Authoria = Heirs to the Sun.

However I did not expect the Novgorod Republic. It seems I may need to really bolster my strength if I want to expand North.

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:29PM EDT

I really don’t have any plans to stop my attack on Maldania, but I’d like to hear from Sachielia before I decide what to do there, since I was left on my own.

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:41PM EDT

madcat wrote:

I really don’t have any plans to stop my attack on Maldania, but I’d like to hear from Sachielia before I decide what to do there, since I was left on my own.

Well this attack became very unusual, since we share no bad blood between nations. And might we add, we have been very passive aggressive with our three countries. All we are saying is that your Attacks should be stopped and your men shall be used with a more common enemy instead of on our Innocent Citizens.

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:55PM EDT

@Moklaezia

Would it possible to purchase some of your siege gears weaponry?

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:55PM EDT

unusedusername wrote:

Well this attack became very unusual, since we share no bad blood between nations. And might we add, we have been very passive aggressive with our three countries. All we are saying is that your Attacks should be stopped and your men shall be used with a more common enemy instead of on our Innocent Citizens.

I realize we have no history prior to this. I only invaded Maldania and Sachielia because I needed a buffer to the south and some way to access the sea. The attack isn’t going to be stopped.

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:00PM EDT

madcat wrote:

I realize we have no history prior to this. I only invaded Maldania and Sachielia because I needed a buffer to the south and some way to access the sea. The attack isn’t going to be stopped.

If you wanted the some land at the sea, that would of been fine. You could’ve passed Maldania with at least Some notification of your passing without no attacks at all. Please halt your attack if you want some land at sea and we can actually discuss an agreement.

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:08PM EDT

Arstotzka: it seems we share a border now. Would you like to trade?

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:27PM EDT

Richter von Zelmisburg wrote:

> hahGryy.png
dat url

Anyways, I think I know where Southern Africa went…

Africa? What is Africa.

All I see is

Halfrica.

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:46PM EDT

Cale wrote:

Africa? What is Africa.

All I see is

Halfrica.

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:52PM EDT

Namaste! You must login or signup first!