Forums / Discussion / General

232,736 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Is there anything you regret posting/doing on KYM?

Last posted Jul 24, 2014 at 02:59PM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2014 at 05:29PM EDT
80 posts from 70 users

To me, it would be me making edgy remarks on general threads to whore for positive karma… It just digs your own grave… Listen guys, i don't want to be the next Liberal_Genius.

There was a post I made a few weeks ago that was pretty inexcusably mean. Other than that, I can't think of anything specific, although I'm sure there's something.

There was a post I made a few weeks ago that was pretty inexcusably mean. Other than that, I can't think of anything specific, although I'm sure there's something.

One time I made fun of the 2013 Oklahoma Tornado with a Captain Hindsight image. I soon came to terms of what I did and deleted the image. There are plenty of others I regret, but this certain one actually pissed people off.

I will absolutely regret nothing, even when it's getting alot of thumb downs. This only shows that whoever did thumb me down was an absolute faggot, and I keep smiling for the rest of the day.

It's rare but only happens when I realize I could have made a better response or comment.

Last edited Jun 12, 2014 at 07:01PM EDT

I have given one negative karma to someone. Just one. You can see it on my profile. I don't remember who, when, or why. But I have a bad feeling that they didn't deserve it.

i don't think it was good doing long posting hiatuses, i should always be at the top of my kym game, irritating users and mods alike.

oh, and that one gross shipping post i made here NSFW

Last edited Jun 12, 2014 at 09:42PM EDT

I learned a lesson in watching how you word things once when I badly worded a comment in such a way that I wound up making some people to believe that I had an inflatable animal fetish. (Something that I do not have, mind you.) I was shocked and slightly embarrassed (okay, a lot embarrassed) when I came back on a couple of hours later to find that said comment was buried and a guy said I was creeping him out.

In my early days I didn't realize the importance of image tagging. I don't post many images but there was one time I image dumped in the Gravity Falls gallery and I didn't tag a single thing. It's not exactly a regret that haunts me, but I wish I actually tagged my shit.

In this Nation RP

I regret turning on Cale towards the end of the game. Me and Cale were the two strongest nations and if we stayed together, we would have easily beaten everyone else and saved the planet. But I let Vlad and Slappy talk me into siding with them which resulting in me losing the game badly. They never even followed through on their offers. I should have just steamrolled Vlad while Cale was putting pressure on him.

In that same game, I also deeply regret going against Persia and fucking them up. Their allegiance was extremely valuable to me, but my Hubris blinded me to how important they were to my nation

Everything from my young KYM days, posting on "user above you games" more than once per game, joining in on "the goat" and all the other in-jokes excessively, taking up hardcore editing but then getting terrified of the responsibility and surrounded by it in the real world and KYM which caused me to leave but then come back and give up editing for the most part, "LET'S X" threads, and the "Christianity" article scandal.

Surprisingly, there's not much I regret. Most of the stuff I got heavily downvoted for or downvoted for at all is usually because of a bunch of idiots trying to silence my opinion they don't like. I don't regret a single thing I've said about religion on this site at all believe it or not. It was all justified in my eyes, even though everyone else hates when I open my mouth about it at all. I also don't regret constantly chewing out people for being excessively horny all the time so much that it impairs their judgement and sex is basically all they think about (and considering the demographics of the average person on this site or even the entire internet, that's almost everyone, so of course I get downvoted to hell)

Not much really, I've learnt from all my mistakes at the Gamespot's forum. It make's me cringe whenever I look back at those posts. Especially during my teen years when I was obsessed with Taylor Swift.

Well actually, maybe posting some dumb pictures on KYM.

Last edited Jun 13, 2014 at 05:19AM EDT

Staying absent from the forums all these months.

There's nothing in my newbie days I could regret more then that, dumb things just happens while your growing into a new community, you make small mistakes and they become forgiven in time. But there shouldn't be anything in the way just to keep in touch here.

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

No, don't regret the Goat.

You have contributed massively to KYM culture by doing that. Be proud of it.

Can you not keep promoting that cancer for once in your life? It is the worst thing that has happened to this site. And because of it, people like you feel the tenancy to keep pushing it in front of peoples faces that can't stand that shitty joke anymore.

Please do something more productive for this site for once than just preaching that garbage.

Anyways.

My biggest regret is the "Roleplay General" thread.

My god was it just a complete waste of time. Even though I do not regret befriending the people on it who are actually great people, the thread itself was just unbearable to the point that if I did not leave it soon, I would have just said fuck it all and just rage quit.

Last edited Jun 13, 2014 at 06:26PM EDT

I have regretted a lot of things.

Firstly I regret starting off on the wrong foot as IHATEMLP. Everything else was just either something stupid I said (usually without thinking) or trying to be funny but not actually achieve it.

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

No, don't regret the Goat.

You have contributed massively to KYM culture by doing that. Be proud of it.

>the Goat
>contributed massively

Well, can't argue there. The shit stain left by that thing will forever plague KYM. Thanks for making users far more annoying, Deltamelon. You've really contributed greatly to that cause.

lessthan jake wrote:

causing cringewrothy to die

That is certainly not something you should regret.

Thread related: I made some pretty stupid posts a while back and generally made myself look like a huge idiot.

Last edited Jun 14, 2014 at 01:32AM EDT

Getting involved with that Ballooncules craze, even though my involvement with it was small compare to others. I know I have some others but I can't remember them now.

Last edited Jun 14, 2014 at 02:01AM EDT

REGRETS? OH WOW HERE'S A LIST OF MOST OF MINE: I regret…

• …posting the meme entries "Know Your Meme", "Emem Ruoy Wonk" and "ǝɯǝɯ ɹnoʎ ʍouʞ" under my EliqueStudios account without taking screenshots of the contents of the first two (someone took a screenshot of the third) and a screenshot of them being on the trending bar. They're hidden from the site and/or deleted by admins now, not just deadpooled.
• …not delivering the fourth entry in the above series, which is currently titled "Project: Emem Ruoy Wonk 4" on my to-do list.
• …not screenshotting my major complete rewrite of the "Trololo / Russian Rickroll" entry, before James rewrote it himself, which was only a few days before Eduard Khil died.
• …introducing KYM to Board Game Online… wait, no I don't lol. I hope we can all play it again sometime…
• …promising to finish the Half-Life series only when HL3 gets released. I can't take it anymore. LET ME FINISH HALF-LIFE 1 & 2, YOU GUYS.
• …promising KYM-tan: Ace Attorney in 2012, and never delivering it, but it's still happening… soon…™.
• …losing my only copy of amanda b.'s voices for KYM-tan: Ace Attorney, and therefore having to use the low quality clips I posted to my SoundCloud.
• …not continuing the text adventure thread.
• …not delivering on my two drawing threads and animation thread.
• …showing my hatred for 9GAG, but only because I said things like "9GAG IS A EXTREMELY HORRIBLE WASTE OF HUMAN RESOURCES WHICH IS SO BAD THAT IF I SEE ANYONE WHO APPROVES OF THAT SITE, THEY ARE INSTANTLY DEAD TO ME AND DO NOT DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE" which is a bit too much, so I just hide my disappointment instead of posting it on KYM now.
• …having Fluttershy as best pony for the entirety of 2012 because of KYM people. Pinkie Pie is best now.
• …saying on the forums and the #knowyourmeme IRC that I "self-mutilated" and only hinting at what I actually did (for the record, it was something to do with my arms when i was depressed) which caused most of you not to believe me. I won't go into further detail on this subject ever.
• …promising KYMmon and not delivering it. Luckily, we have shadowmancreator's Pokemon Ruby rom hack project now, so KYMmon has been shelved indefinitely.
• …slowly removing commands from the #knowyourmeme IRC bot I made (known as "SkyeKattr0n") and then taking it offline for 6 months. It's back now, but it won't be compiling stats pages out of the logs anymore. Join us in the IRC, guys!
• …not finding "KnowYourMeme – Thread Simulator v3.0" fun to make anymore. I'm sick of it. Not because of the content you guys put in it or anything, but it's just taking hours and hours of my life away. I'm being serious here. I wish I was done with it.
• …forgetting more regrets I have that are KYM-related. Please tell me if I have forgotten anything. I love this place (and you guys, of course) so much. Never leave me. KYM is love, KYM is life.

Last edited Jun 14, 2014 at 10:28AM EDT

NeonWabbit wrote:

• …posting the meme entries “Know Your Meme”, “Emem Ruoy Wonk” and “ǝɯǝɯ ɹnoʎ ʍouʞ” under my EliqueStudios account without taking screenshots of the contents of the first two (someone took a screenshot of the third) and a screenshot of them being on the trending bar. They’re hidden from the site and/or deleted by admins now, not just deadpooled.

The ǝɯǝɯɹnoʎʍouʞ entry is still visible. It's been de-hidden for over a month now.

Last edited Jun 14, 2014 at 11:43AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!