Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,468 total conversations in 8,632 threads

+ New Thread


KYM Text RPG (I dunno lol)

Last posted Jul 02, 2014 at 12:26PM EDT. Added Jun 14, 2014 at 06:25PM EDT
453 posts from 14 users

God fuckin’ damnit, I kept refreshing to see the results, nothing new, and now this all of a sudden.

>Throw a well aimed shard of glass at the lightbulb like frisbee at max force
>Notice Freelancer on the ground
>Throw Glass shard at him like a damn frisbee at full force
>Take cover Immediately

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 01:33AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 01:18AM EDT
Quote

Schabbs wrote:

God fuckin’ damnit, I kept refreshing to see the results, nothing new, and now this all of a sudden.

>Throw a well aimed shard of glass at the lightbulb like frisbee at max force
>Notice Freelancer on the ground
>Throw Glass shard at him like a damn frisbee at full force
>Take cover Immediately

I’m gone, m8. I left 2 posts ago.

Jun 22, 2014 at 01:29AM EDT
Quote
Attempt to eat banana.
(Technically I can’t do that cause… y’know… the mask. But I’ll damn well try.)

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 01:46AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 01:30AM EDT
Quote

Agoeb wrote:

Attempt to eat banana.
(Technically I can’t do that cause… y’know… the mask. But I’ll damn well try.)

Jun 22, 2014 at 01:31AM EDT
Quote

You should’ve been on the ground, and I threw the shard at you, which should’ve hit your chest/abdomen, causing damage.
>sidestep stabbing attack
>grab pen
>punch freelancer in the face at full strength
>toss pen aside

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 01:40AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 01:37AM EDT
Quote

Schabbs wrote:

God fuckin’ damnit, I kept refreshing to see the results, nothing new, and now this all of a sudden.

>Throw a well aimed shard of glass at the lightbulb like frisbee at max force
>Notice Freelancer on the ground
>Throw Glass shard at him like a damn frisbee at full force
>Take cover Immediately

>Roll out if the way

Jun 22, 2014 at 01:38AM EDT
Quote

This is confusing. You try to stab me, I sidesteped, grabbed your pen, decked you in the nose at full power, then chucked your pen aside.

Jun 22, 2014 at 01:42AM EDT
Quote

Battle Results

Freelancer
He’s throwing glass at a highly trained super soldier in battle armor. It’s kind of a no-brainer. The extremely fragile projectile shatters on impact and bounces away harmlessly. In return, you run up and stab the point of the pen right through his side.

Dr.Schabbs
You breathe a sharp intake of breath as the point of the pen pierces your side. Blood begins to bubble out from your stab wound. Being a doctor, you are immediately aware he might have stabbed you in the kidney.

Edit: Whoh, what the fuck happened to waiting for results after each person posts. I made that shit bold. If ya’ll just wanna beat the shit out of each other with no real results, let me know.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 01:44AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 01:42AM EDT
Quote

Agoeb wrote:

Battle Results

Freelancer
He’s throwing glass at a highly trained super soldier in battle armor. It’s kind of a no-brainer. The extremely fragile projectile shatters on impact and bounces away harmlessly. In return, you run up and stab the point of the pen right through his side.

Dr.Schabbs
You breathe a sharp intake of breath as the point of the pen pierces your side. Blood begins to bubble out from your stab wound. Being a doctor, you are immediately aware he might have stabbed you in the kidney.

Edit: Whoh, what the fuck happened to waiting for results after each person posts. I made that shit bold. If ya’ll just wanna beat the shit out of each other with no real results, let me know.

Now, it got all confusing.
I sidestepped his stabbing attack, grabbed the pen, decked him in the face hard enough to break his facial armor, and threw his pen away.

(Plus, I’m just a mad doctor who injected himself with his own super-serum.)

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 01:58AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 01:54AM EDT
Quote

Schabbs wrote:

Now, it got all confusing.
I sidestepped his stabbing attack, grabbed the pen, decked him in the face hard enough to break his facial armor, and threw his pen away.

(Plus, I’m just a mad doctor who injected himself with his own super-serum.)

((All that was after your first two attacks. I’ve done the results of those first two actions. Continue off my post rather than yours.))

Jun 22, 2014 at 01:58AM EDT
Quote

(since I’ve been injected w/ super serum (explanation for abilities) I’ll bandage myself.)

So now, Freelancer’s face plate has been smashed, the pen’s discarded, knees weak, arms are heavy, vomit on the ground already, mom’s spaghetti and I have a stab wound patched up with bandaging.

Since my superpower is fighting abilities nearing that of Combaticus (of superjail fame), Freelancer should be on the other side of the room/arena, faceplate smashed.

But since he’s not, I’ll do so anyway.
>Punch freelancer in the face hard enough to smash his faceplate open and send him buckling and flying in the opposite direction
>remove pen
>patch self up

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 02:13AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 02:02AM EDT
Quote

((Schabbs, just the bit i’ve said. Last thing that happened in canon was you being stabbed.))

Jun 22, 2014 at 02:13AM EDT
Quote

Schabbs wrote:

Now, it got all confusing.
I sidestepped his stabbing attack, grabbed the pen, decked him in the face hard enough to break his facial armor, and threw his pen away.

(Plus, I’m just a mad doctor who injected himself with his own super-serum.)

(You getting stabed was a result of my counter being sucessful)

>pick up a small shard of glass a stab Shabbs

Jun 22, 2014 at 02:14AM EDT
Quote

Agoeb wrote:

((Schabbs, just the bit i’ve said. Last thing that happened in canon was you being stabbed.))

You said continue off of your post, and i did.

>Punch freelancer in the face hard enough to smash his faceplate open and send him buckling and flying in the opposite direction
>remove pen
>patch self up

Jun 22, 2014 at 02:15AM EDT
Quote

Freelancer Agent Florida wrote:

(You getting stabed was a result of my counter being sucessful)

>pick up a small shard of glass a stab Shabbs

Goddamnit, just STOP. lemme recap.
You stabbed me, then this:

>Punch freelancer in the face hard enough to smash his faceplate open and send him buckling and flying in the opposite direction
>remove pen
>patch self up

and now I’m standing here, and you’re over there, faceplate open.

This is not only frustrating, but sucking out the fun outta turn-based combat.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 02:20AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 02:17AM EDT
Quote

We barely even know the order in which we acted.
Let’s just continue from the moment after I decked Freelancer, breaking his faceplate, and removing the pan, patching up afterwards.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 02:24AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 02:22AM EDT
Quote

Battle Results

Dr.Schabbs
The spartan comes at you, plunging a shard of glass deep inside your chest. Full of adrenaline and rage, you retaliate with a solid right hook that sends the super soldier flying. It’s only after you’ve calmed for a second, you realize how severe your injuries are. You feel… cold.

Freelancer
Groggy, you blink to the sound of several alarm bells ringing in your ears. His meaty fists apparently hit harder than they looked, and had sent you backwards a whole foot, quite the accomplishment when you are both only 6 inches tall. But… you got him. Likely criticality, with your stab. You could continue this fight, and try to finish him off if you so wished. But now you know he’s dangerous.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 06:03AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 06:03AM EDT
Quote

@Schabbs,

Are you a bit tapped? you follow and contribute to these threads but seem to completely overlook their mechanics. The NatRP is fine example


If the Spartan has got his power armour I’d say that makes him more than just a toy and thus without plastic object properties. That’d make Legion a proper synthetic.

Jump straight off the TV set and land upon the ground. Approach the Shabbs/Freelancer fight.

(Geth can fall from any height and land perfectly without damage, that’s how they deploy.)

Jun 22, 2014 at 06:03AM EDT
Quote

((Dammit Laika, I was about to go to bed after that post. But yeah. I suppose if he has his power armor, and Swabs can punch a Spartan across a room, physical abilities are fair to a degree. Now watch as those words come back to haunt me.))

Legion
Figuring you’ve exhausted all other means of getting down, you simply roll forward into the abyss and fall off the tv set. Your body compensates on the way down and you land. It… looks like a warzone down here. The Doctor is covered in blood, and the Freelancer is sprawled aways away on his back. Of course, there’s also glass everywhere, and tank treads leading away. Perhaps it was better to stay on the TV…

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 06:11AM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 06:11AM EDT
Quote

>take bandages out of pocket and patch self up
>grip pen
>Dramatic turn over to honeytiger
“Hey.”

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:43AM EDT
Quote

Honeytiger wrote:

I whack him with my peel and try to warn him about the dragon.

“Well shit. Where are we going to get a weapon?”
A few hours of building later…
Voila! a tiny pistol for my suiting!

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:04AM EDT
Quote

Charge Schabbs
“Entering close quarters combat with the enemy”

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:51PM EDT
Quote

Schabbs wrote:

>Use Freelancer as a human shield

>Pick up the downed Freelancer and throw him squarely at Legion
>Run off to bathroom
>Climb up to medicine cabinet
>Apply bandages

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 02:08PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 02:05PM EDT
Quote

“TV? Cable’s dead anyway.”
I attempt to go inside the building the normal, door based way. And if that doesn’t work, the Red Statscowski explosion based way.

Jun 22, 2014 at 03:36PM EDT
Quote
>take bandages out of pocket and patch self up

No, you’re severely injured. You need help Band-Aids can’t provide.

>Dramatic turn over to honeytiger

Honeytiger is no where near you. You’d know that if you paid attention at all.
“Well shit. Where are we going to get a weapon?”
A few hours of building later…
Voila! a tiny pistol for my suiting!

I can’t even.
>Use Freelancer as a human shield

You just knocked this guy flying!? You’re going to have to run over and-
>Pick up the downed Freelancer and throw him squarely at Legion

Oh good. Now time itself is fucked.
>Run off to bathroom

No?
>Climb up to medicine cabinet

No?
>Apply bandages

No? And another sin, because you seemingly already put on bandages.

Also, all these posts are One. After. Another. without update from me.

Schabbs. Look man. I’ve really tried with you. I’m super not serious about anything in this RP, but it’s like you’re going out of your way to break every last rule. You don’t listen to me, or anyone else. You don’t pay attention to what’s going on. You make up your own rules as you go. I don’t know what I can do with you.

Like, man. I might have to ask you to leave.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 03:50PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 03:49PM EDT
Quote

Freelancer Agent Florida wrote:

No new posts?

((This stuff is really screwing with me. I don’t know what’s going on, it’s just pages of crap. I don’t know how to update you without Schabbs.))

Jun 22, 2014 at 04:45PM EDT
Quote

(Alright, let me rephrase my last action, since schabbs seems to have thought it was about him.)
I hit shi gai with my peel and try to warn him about the fucking dragon about to kill everyone.

Jun 22, 2014 at 04:53PM EDT
Quote

Battle Results

Shi Gai
You dash forward and start banging your face against the Banana, accomplishing nothing through your thick mask. All you wanted was a little bite. Oddly, the fruit keeps running it’s peel over you and gesturing upwards. You might even get the idea it’s pointing at something.

Honeytiger
The Shy Guy continues to smack his head against your peel, apparently trying to eat you with a mask in the way. It’s very unclear at this point if your pointing is working.

Jun 22, 2014 at 04:56PM EDT
Quote

((Alright, fine, Since Schabbs hasn’t posted since I chewed him out… I hate to have to do this. I really do, but maybe next time will work out better Schabbs.))

Battle Results

Freelancer
You dust yourself off and inspect the man. Another shard of glass in already in your hand, rolling around as you prepare to strike. Combat training flashes through your head as you visualize, then strike. You walk calmly forward, armor crushing the glass beneath your feet, and plant the shard right through his neck.

Blood spurts out violently as he drops. Eventually, the doctor is still on the ground, among a slowly spreading puddle of blood. Whether the idea of murdering a man fazes you at all after all the war is unknown, but it’s one more name to add to your list.

Then… weird things start to happen. The body begins to glow, returning to the plastic it came from, though the blood under it remains. The glow spreads into the air and seeks you out, saturating your armor. You feel… different. Somehow more competent with the shards of glass around you…

Name: Dr. Schabbs
Skills: Amazing effectiveness with pretty much any weapon, can throw syringes amazingly efficiently and accurately.

Freelancer- This skill is now added to yours.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 05:12PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 05:10PM EDT
Quote

((Legion and Red. I’m gonna let you guys have another post of action so I can start updating you again from that. Hopefully we can get this back to normal a bit. Also, Red, I don’t know what building you’re talking about. You’ll have to explain a bit more in this next post.

If I forgot anyone else, please lemme know. I’m gonna try and fix this up so everyone can be immediately murdered by the dragon.))

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 05:33PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 05:31PM EDT
Quote

>follow the tank treads after collecting a few small shard of glass to use as makeshift knifes

“Let’s where that tank went, maybe the pilot will be a bit more hospitable”

Jun 22, 2014 at 06:03PM EDT
Quote

Freelancer
You follow the treads the tank left in the carpet, clutching your new bundle of knives. The way there is full of thoughts about what just happened to you. What was the glow? Why do you feel better holding these knives?

Will you tell the others what you witnessed?

You walk for several minutes before the treads stop where the carpet does. Luckily, you can see the tank from here, parked beside a pantry shelf with it’s driver in apparent combat with a banana. He definitely doesn’t seem “more hospitable”.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 06:26PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 06:25PM EDT
Quote

Legion heads toward the odd passageway he spotted from atop the TV

Jun 22, 2014 at 06:30PM EDT
Quote

Legion
You follow Freelancer across the carpet. The way there is full of thoughts about what just happened to that Doctor. What was the glow? Were you okay with watching a murder?

Should you confront the soldier about it?

You walk for several minutes before the carpet stops. Luckily, you can see the rope up to the passage from here, set beside a pantry shelf with the shy guy in apparent combat with a banana. He definitely doesn’t seem "hospitable”.

Jun 22, 2014 at 06:45PM EDT
Quote

Agoeb wrote:

>take bandages out of pocket and patch self up

No, you’re severely injured. You need help Band-Aids can’t provide.

>Dramatic turn over to honeytiger

Honeytiger is no where near you. You’d know that if you paid attention at all.
“Well shit. Where are we going to get a weapon?”
A few hours of building later…
Voila! a tiny pistol for my suiting!

I can’t even.
>Use Freelancer as a human shield

You just knocked this guy flying!? You’re going to have to run over and-
>Pick up the downed Freelancer and throw him squarely at Legion

Oh good. Now time itself is fucked.
>Run off to bathroom

No?
>Climb up to medicine cabinet

No?
>Apply bandages

No? And another sin, because you seemingly already put on bandages.

Also, all these posts are One. After. Another. without update from me.

Schabbs. Look man. I’ve really tried with you. I’m super not serious about anything in this RP, but it’s like you’re going out of your way to break every last rule. You don’t listen to me, or anyone else. You don’t pay attention to what’s going on. You make up your own rules as you go. I don’t know what I can do with you.

Like, man. I might have to ask you to leave.

Well, Maybe I can restart all over from scratch in 2 hours. Like, most of my actions weren’t all that thought out.

Hopefully when I restart this error will be ironed out.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 07:01PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 07:00PM EDT
Quote

Schabbs wrote:

Well, Maybe I can restart all over from scratch in 2 hours. Like, most of my actions weren’t all that thought out.

Hopefully when I restart this error will be ironed out.

((I’m afraid not bud. You’re going to have to wait until the next time I do this. Death is Game Over. It’s in the rules.))

Jun 22, 2014 at 07:03PM EDT
Quote

Agoeb wrote:

((I’m afraid not bud. You’re going to have to wait until the next time I do this. Death is Game Over. It’s in the rules.))

How’d I die?
Alright then.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 07:09PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 07:06PM EDT
Quote

All
Overhead, you hear a frightening rumble…

Jun 23, 2014 at 07:04AM EDT
Quote

Namaste! You must login or signup first!