Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,710 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Are you a hipster gamer

Last posted Jun 28, 2014 at 10:08PM EDT. Added Jun 17, 2014 at 06:33AM EDT
30 posts from 22 users

Basically you just post about you liking a game that doesn't go anywhere near the mainstream popularity of COD or GTA.
For example my favourite flash game is armed with wings 3 but it is not very popular among forums.

Flash games in general aren't very popular. Also GTA and Call of Duty of some the biggest games so that pretty much every other game that isn't those would be on a lot of peoples lists.

But for me I just got these relatively underrated game.

I don't think a lot of people knew this little gem existed when it first came out.

Great story, solid gameplay, awesome main character, and only 15 bucks!
Only downside is that there is no multiplayer, but the singleplayer experience is great enough to keep you playing for a good long time.

my favorites and hidden gems are

The legend of Kay

Bujingai Forsaken city (in holland it had the subtitle sword master )

Def Jam fight for New York hands down one of the best fighting games ever

I got this King's Bounty trilogy through Humble Bundle ages ago, didn't play it until recently and I'm surprised by how good it is.

I play music games, like DJMAX, ReRave, Reflec Beat, and Jubeat, and whenever I ask my friends about them they usually say "Never heard of them"

MF DOOM wrote:

The legend of Kay

[looks at bujingai]

I WANT IT!!!!

I'm not as hipsterish as the people in this thread or anything, but I own a Wii U and I'm a big Nintendo fan which is a rarity nowadays, so you could say I am a bit of one. My favorite series is Metroid and even though it's relatively popular, it's not exactly mainstream. When I tell my friends I have a Wii U, all my friends are dumbstruck. They're like "People actually own a Wii U? I thought that was a myth!"

I still do play some mainstream games though. For example, I enjoy GTA from time to time when I can access it. Call of Duty? Not really. I've tried it and it's kind of entertaining, but I can only play it for so long before getting bored. I'm not exactly a "hipster" in the sense that you guys are playing games nobody knows about, but I think I am one in some ways.

One of my favorite games of all time is Digimon World, one fans don't seem to like as much as the sequels… It's a more realistic look on the monster fighter genre.

MF DOOM wrote:

The legend of Kay

>Def Jam fight for New York

Patrick Star 3D Real wrote:

do obscure PC game like beetle bug and snowy the bears adventure count?

I put armed with wings 3 as an example not because it is a flash game i happened to like, but because the story was more compelling than the titanic movie.

I don't know if obscure flash games do count since nobody talks about them.

I've been playing this little gem back in 2012, when it was at v.0.75.
Did I mention /v/ played this game, too and had servers of it back in v.0.21?

Last edited Jun 18, 2014 at 06:03PM EDT

if you like RPGs, i highly recommend this german classic i loved gothic as well as it's successor about as much as morrowind, and while it isn't an easy game (especially gothic 2 with the addon night of the raven), it's never unfair or insanely frustrating.
listening to the eglish dub is kinda funny though, they just sound so… wrong :D
gothic 3 was kind of a letdown, still playable though.
gothic 4 doesn't exist. it doesn't. exist.
i also get lots of fun indy or older games with humble bundles, they're great.

Last edited Jun 19, 2014 at 12:45PM EDT

It's a shame this game didn't get as much love as it deserved. I've just lost hours in this game from listening to the soundtrack, looking at the environment and playing the multiplayer, even though most of the time it was against AI. If you're interested I recommend the port on Steam.

I used to play this when I was little on the Playstation 1, and I still have it for PC. Surprisingly still works, despite being for Windows 95 and its max resolution is 800×600

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!