Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,706 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

What fictional faction does the anti-GG side reminds you of?

Last posted Dec 15, 2014 at 12:31AM EST. Added Dec 08, 2014 at 05:56PM EST
14 posts from 14 users

To me, it's the party for the masterpiece that is 1984.
Trying to censorship everything (games related, at least), cultural Marxism, the bullshit we're every gender, race, etc must be portrayed exactly the same (in the book, everyone dresses the same).
Obligatory:
SJW in general just give me a Orwellian impression.

Last edited Dec 08, 2014 at 05:58PM EST

Moved to Just For Fun because it isn't really Video Game related outside of that it's GamerGate. Friendly reminder that since this is JFF and NOT Riff Raff, you don't have a free pass to shitpost in it. Remain on topic.

I think that the two sides are like this.

GamerGate/Caesars Legion – Because GamerGators are generally savage and very unorganized. They also have a ton of saboteurs that are attacking other factions. They also invade wherever they aren't kicked out coughKYMcough

"SJWs"/Mr House – Because they aren't good like the NCR, but they have good intentions but very self centred too.

Everyone else/Courier 6 with very good karma – Because most of these people realize how dumb the whole situation (especially the GamerGators) is.

travis_bickle wrote:

Trying to censorship everything (games related, at least), cultural Marxism, the bullshit we're every gender, race, etc must be portrayed exactly the same (in the book, everyone dresses the same).
Obligatory:

>Thinking 1984 is about Government oppression

How can you be twelve AND retarded.

Maybe this isn't quite fictional, but GG is remarkably similar to the Vietnam War. Side A (USA/pro-GG) believed that side B (Vietnam/anti-GG) was involved in some sort of consipiracy to crush Side A, but didn't really do anything about it until a dubious claim that Side B was attacking (Quinnspiracy/attacks on US forces alleged to have been perpetrated by North Vietnam). Side A responded with a massive amount of retaliation against Side B, and both sides lambasted their members with propaganda to get them to hate "the enemy." Eventually, both sides lost popular support after the conflict stretched on despite no gains by either side, but jingoistic maniacs in the factions' leadership kept the war going.

travis_bickle wrote:

Obligatory:

yes, we want to destroy your american way of life with cultural marxism. instead of the capitalists, we'll hang the white christian cis males and create a world full of genderfluid environmental activist feminist homosexual multicultural otherkin immigrants. how dare you see through our schemes. spreading anti-GG propaganda is, along resurrecting stalin and installing obama as the president of the united states, a major point in our 7-year-plan.

Dabiddo - Kun wrote:

yes, we want to destroy your american way of life with cultural marxism. instead of the capitalists, we'll hang the white christian cis males and create a world full of genderfluid environmental activist feminist homosexual multicultural otherkin immigrants. how dare you see through our schemes. spreading anti-GG propaganda is, along resurrecting stalin and installing obama as the president of the united states, a major point in our 7-year-plan.

I can confirm this.

501st Legion wrote:

The Confederacy from Star Wars, because of their incompetence.

That just makes me hate this version of the CIS more!

Last edited Dec 15, 2014 at 12:32AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!