Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Stupid things about the internet that piss you off

Last posted Feb 28, 2015 at 08:09PM EST. Added Feb 28, 2015 at 12:31AM EST
34 posts from 31 users

Only the stupid things.

For instance: I get really pissed off when someone draws a picture of a pre-existing character but they insist on saying that it's 100% original.

SJW's, people with stupid opinions that try to force it on others, racists, /pol/ists, edgy emo teens that literally are only sad because they don't try to fend for themselves because the world isn't handed to them on a silver platter, homophobes and bad DeviantArtists that think they're the greatest thing since Picasso.

White knights and nice guys. I absolutely HATE IT when I play on an online game and a non attention-whoring girl joins to play some goddamn video games but ends up getting harassed by thirsty teens, pre teens, creeps, and the likes just for not having a dick. It's not fun for me, it's not fun for the other normal guys that are on, and it's definatly not fun or fair for the victim. I won't lie, I like girls and I think gamer girls (well, REAL gamer girls) are super cool, but when someone's not interested, take the fucking hint and leave them alone. They trigger the inner feminist in me so much that I sometimes find myself counter white knighting (black knighting?) those guys to try to get the attention off of the person they're bothering. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I can't just stand by and listen to all the cringy things they say to their target.

Last edited Feb 28, 2015 at 01:30AM EST

People who comment on music because some popular video used the music. Im fine with people who just make a reference to the video. I hate people who say the same goddamn fucking thing over and over

People constantly shitting on places like Deviantart, Fanfiction.net, Tumblr….

Seriously guys, it's not nearly as bad as you think, though I can't really attest to Tumblr not being bad as much because I've mostly been on videogame blogs and the like…. Not really any social justice blogs. I wouldn't be surprised if, say, people have never actually been on Deviantart, and instead are only going off by the fetish pics, and the mspaint pics, and the bad OC pics, instead of actually going on DeviantArt. Or judge FanFiction.net purely by the bad fanfics everyone talks about, instead of actually browsing for Fanfiction.

Fans who come swinging at anyone who critizes anything they like in any way….. I don't mind as much because I'ce started to think that they think everyone's a troll or a hater and I guess they think being as vitriolic as possible towards will scare them off….. Of course, if the critic is being nice or giving constructive criticism, I'm going to get pissed regardless.

Last edited Feb 28, 2015 at 05:23AM EST

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

Of course, if the critic is being nice or giving constructive criticism, I’m going to get pissed regardless.

This.
I can't handle criticism of anything I like, regardless of whether or not it's good, constructive criticism or "its so shit how do u like this DXX". I don't know why, I just cannot.
I mean, of course, I know that people can have their own tastes and opinions, but it just makes me so angry for some reason when I see people critique something I really like.
Luckily, I have self-restraint, so I don't respond to them.

Last edited Feb 28, 2015 at 05:31AM EST

Minty wrote:

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

Of course, if the critic is being nice or giving constructive criticism, I’m going to get pissed regardless.

This.
I can't handle criticism of anything I like, regardless of whether or not it's good, constructive criticism or "its so shit how do u like this DXX". I don't know why, I just cannot.
I mean, of course, I know that people can have their own tastes and opinions, but it just makes me so angry for some reason when I see people critique something I really like.
Luckily, I have self-restraint, so I don't respond to them.

That's not what I meant, but that happens a lot too, and I don't like criticism either. XD

What I meant was that when fans attack people that are being nice, I get pissed.

"Trigger Warnings"

They're okay in some cases i.e. gore, but an image that makes you feel "mildly uncomfortable" is not worthy of a trigger warning.

SJWs, people who insist that they know more about you on the subject when they obviously do not, people who like proper grammar skills, people falling for obvious bait, myself, people who think that they're so special that deserve to be treated differently, idiots, overly political anything that is played straight, people who think homo- automatically means gay, criticisms without any basis on truth, praise without any basis on truth, people who think learning is unnecessary, and poor trolls.

Both types of individuals that fall under the extremes of either SJWs or Anti-SJWs.The way I see it is they're just two sides of the same coin: obnoxious, misinformed and blindly outraged.

When the troll comments always get more upvotes then the nicer comments. No matter how ignorant it is. I'm under the impression it might just be other trolls upvoting the comment where it would have over 1k upvotes or they're using alts to do the upvoting or a combination of both. I know it's just upboats, however it makes me wonder if these were upvoted by people who genuinely agrees with it or "ironically", being unsure of the percent of how much were genuine or "ironic". No matter how racist, homophobic, islamphobic, or god knows what ever else it would be about. I'm not talking about funny troll ones either. I'm talking about /pol/ tier comments.

This happens on other sites as well. I might have some ideas as to why this happen, I am just amazed with how frequent it is.

Last edited Feb 28, 2015 at 12:43PM EST

Advice animals, specially the ones used the wrong way, Youtube comments, specially "le wrong generation" ones, Facebook comments, grammar nazis that believe they stand in another realm of superior intelligence, big part of fanbases from popular anime that believe said anime is the best thing ever conceived it really makes me cringe, weebs that believe Japan is a paradise and western culture sucks, American haters, 9GAG and finally Touhou newfags that believe their favorite doujins are canon and they haven't even touched the games

Lets see:

• Youtube comments
  • Google +/Youtube integration
  • Conspiracy videos about almost everything on Youtube
  • Facebook
  • Massive circlejerks
  • Worshiping Internet celebrities like Don
  • Adds

And of course fucking flash player wherever I try to watch videos, seriously that fucking thing sucks all of my RAM.

Flamewars
Youtube comments
Elitists
Shitty OCs that aren't jokes
Opinions
Religion VS. atheism debates (They're the most pointless arguments I've ever seen.)
People who flip their shit over avatars. (OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1)
Radical Feminists/SJWs (OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP OPPRESSING ME WITH THE FACT THAT YOU'RE A STRAIGHT WHITE MALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1)
Fanboys/Fangirls (OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1)
Rabid haters
Rabid haters that draw pictures of characters from things they like murdering characters from things they don't like. (That's really mature buddy.)
Lag
People that tell others to commit suicide.
People who take 99% of conspiracy theorists seriously

And finally…

Memes that aren't dank.

Lich wrote:

Slow internet. That's what pisses me off the most more than anything.

Also, my browser or Adobe crashing for no goddamn fucking reason, especially when I have a bunch of videos open in my tabs. (And holy shit, having to type a comment in a mobile browser.)

But more on topic, I hate this pervasive cynical attitude directed towards the Internet in general, and to a lesser degree certain parts of it (such as YouTube comments). As much as it truly hurts me to say it as somewhat of a misanthrope, there are absolutely plenty of… "good people" (ow) online who do cool shit and usually leave nice/rational posts on the websites they're members of. Together, they've accomplished things that could never have even been imagined before, and will continue to do so. So get over it already.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!