Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Why doesn't McDonalds serve hotdogs?

Last posted Mar 27, 2010 at 05:33PM EDT. Added Jan 17, 2010 at 07:27PM EST
29 posts from 20 users

Ewwwwwww- if McDonalds sold hotdogs it would make the USA so fat, the world would be knocked off its axis, and the natural order would change.

I used to have a blog on McDonald's for a nonfiction class I was taking. You learn some interesting things, like a guy in India posted telling me how they had just released McNuggets, and they were sold out. I was like man, sold out of McNuggets? But then cultural relativity hit and it all made sense. It's something I wouldn't have otherwise thought about.

Now, I'm not saying the same thing is a driving force with hot dogs (although the Jewish population would be out), but it's interesting to consider.

You also have to take into account the cost of it all. I mean, you think to yourself, hot dogs aren't expensive, but then you have to deal with hot dogs, plus buns, plus condiments, plus training a nation of employees on the proper way to prepare a standard hot dog when ordered without extra instructions, plus the time it would take to acclimate buyers to the new menu, plus dealing with demographics to properly account for the shift in orders (if your McWeiners are selling, something that used to sell is likely now lacking in sales, so you can't overstock that, or understock to compensate), plus media covering your latest unhealthy product, and the list goes on and on and on.

If I really want a hot dog, I go to 7-Eleven and get one of theirs; they're delicious.

But really, right now, you can't beat Burger King's new $1 double cheeseburger. Since McDonald's started charging $1.19 for double cheeseburgers and put the McDouble on the dollar menu, Burger King is the new winner in my book.

@Kip

I work on a military base, and we have a BK in our PX. It's cool, because you don't have to pax tax on things there, so if you order off the dollar menu, your order comes out in whole dollars (instead of the 10.50 it'd be in VA if I bought things off a dollar menu off base).

think about it, if mcdonalds sold hotdogs, they would need to create new buns, if that happened… master ronald would be upset and the result would about be the same as dividing by zero, everyone knows that the hamburger meat is made from babies, so they would basiclly have to create a new race of children in a shape that would not occur naturally so that they could produce as much meat as the burger babies, if the babies mated, there would be a super baby that could revolt against the empire that is mcdonalds and they would take over teh world.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!