Forums / Media / Video Games

38,599 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

What is the Game that had the most Influence on you?

Last posted Mar 03, 2010 at 09:51AM EST. Added Feb 26, 2010 at 11:27AM EST
94 posts from 28 users

Hello everyone, Vlad here. I was recently thinking about how asking the question "What was the Video Game theat had the most Influence on you?" would make a great Forum Post.
So I'm asking you; What was the Video Game that had the most Influence on you? Also, giving the reason why it had the most Influence on you would be appreciated.

As for the Video Game that had the most Influence on Me, it's a close call but probably Advance Wars 2. The Reason: It was the Game that first got me into the Strategy Genre. And , quite ironically, I'm also playing it as I writing this Forum Post. Also, my Favorite CO (Commanding Officer) from the Game serves as my Profile Image.

Update: Since I said my Profile Image was my Favorite CO from AW2, but didn't tell you what His Name is, kudos to anyone who can guess the Name of my Favorite CO by using only my Profile Image. And if you do, it's okay to take a guess and include it with your Favorite Game, but don't make an Individual Post for it, as I'm trying to Avoid Threadjacking.

Last edited Feb 26, 2010 at 04:37PM EST

For me, it would have to be The World Ends with you. Possibly for it's plot and memorable quotes. Such as:

"It’s not hard to get people, it’s impossible."
"I thought you couldn’t afford to lose. Give up on yourself, give up on the world."
Overall, it's an excellent game with a bittersweet ending.

Tales of Symphonia.

It is what first drew me to RPGs, which are now my favorite genre

OR

Final Fantasy VI

The first time I ever played a game for 24 hours non stop. And loved every second of it.

System shock 2 was a scary as hell game, it gave me nightmares and made me paranoid as a young child, it kept me scared of the dark till the age 5-12.

It also made one of the best storys I've ever heard, and gave me a few moments of turning the tide, and feeling more like the monster.

I remember my uncle owned a game gear when I was 4 years old and he always gave me a chance to play it.

I eventually had permission to borrow it and beat Sonic the Hedgehog on it.

The rest is history.

Update
I see that a lot of you have anwsered Orcarina of Time for The Game that had the most Influence on You. I have to say the Orcarina is one of my Favorites, and later when I do "What Video Game Enemy/Boss Terrified you the Most?" (See Below) I's expecting to see quite a few Users saying that the OoT Redeads (Those Mummy-like Creature with the Paralyzing Screams) scared them the most.

Also, this Thread is becoming pretty Popular, so I'm going to make a sequel to it "What Video Game Enemy/Boss Terrified you the Most?" I'm hoping that People who have commented on this Forum Post will also comment on it's Sequel.

Spore.
There's this part in it called "galaxy stage" where you pretty much go around space messing with planets and acting like an intergalactic jerk-off.
Well,near the center of the universe (Which has untold awesome secrets that you,being curious george MUST KNOW) is compeletley gaurded by 'The Grox' empire.
THey are creepy little imp things that have giant ass missles and are known to torture things,and blow up planets,make you steal,etc.
ANYHOO you figure out that some races were things from earth,like there's this raceof aliens that were at one point dogs.
And The Grox are futuristic humans.
I shat a brick so hard,it shot through the earth,went through a building in china,went into orbit then finally slingshotted back down through that straight hole, and went back up my ass.

Has been, still is, and will always be my favorite game of all time. The part of it that had the greatest effect on me was the musical score. Hiroki Kikuta could make the SNES do stuff I never thought possible before then.

Last edited Mar 01, 2010 at 01:17AM EST

Lmao
Sly cooper. (if you don't know what is it, google it)
I honestly tried to beat the games.
I actually wanted to beat the game. Most of the time, I play it one day, and never play it again.
I don't know why…
But yes.
I like games like that :)
(also bonding time for my cousin and I)

@Morgan

I love you right now! The Sly Cooper game series was one of the best series I've ever played in my entire life. I think from the few video game series I've actually finished in my life, that series was the best series I've ever played (no offense to other game series such as KH. I never got to actually play all the games). I totally love the story of the Cooper series. I can't wait for the fourth one to come out if they ever decide to get to making it!

Of course, other games were also pretty influential to me, but Sly Cooper might just have taken the cake! It's a series that I will always hold dear to my heart.

@Lanthus and Stephen R.
Ironically, right after I made that Post I was thinking that someone was going to say Super Mario 64 was their Favorite Game. I guess my sense of Bitter Irony was Wrong.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!