Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM RPG Spriteing Contest.

Last posted Mar 10, 2011 at 02:45AM EST. Added Feb 24, 2011 at 06:29PM EST
50 posts from 14 users

So as the title says, we are hosting a spriteing contest. The goal is to Modify the Zelos Battle Sprites from the Tales Of seires into our own beloved KYM Tan.
There will also be a reward for the best KYM-Tan overworld Sprites, using this as the base.
The winner will have their sprites be used in the KYM RPG and will have a guaranteed position in the game as a NPC. (And bragging rights.)
The contest closes on March the 6th.
If you have any questions please post below.

Last edited Feb 24, 2011 at 06:36PM EST

Admiral Crunch wrote:

I do believe this should say, Un-official KYM Spriting Contest…

Im confused, but I am the person in charge of building the game engine for the KYM RPG, so I don't see why it shouled be Unofficial.

Last edited Feb 24, 2011 at 08:29PM EST

angrypwnzer wrote:

We should also do a cutscene contest.

I've been practicing with characters in my 3d animation so I could do a cutscene but I don't think that the game maker could use the massive 300MB per 10 second file size of the videos unless I cut down on the quality. The files are .avi btw.

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I've been practicing with characters in my 3d animation so I could do a cutscene but I don't think that the game maker could use the massive 300MB per 10 second file size of the videos unless I cut down on the quality. The files are .avi btw.

O.O
=.=
O.O
Dude. Thats fucking HUGE! (Thats what she said!)
It definatly will have to be shunk down before we can do anything with it. Ill look up what need's to be done and post it on the other thread.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

O.O
=.=
O.O
Dude. Thats fucking HUGE! (Thats what she said!)
It definatly will have to be shunk down before we can do anything with it. Ill look up what need's to be done and post it on the other thread.

Here's a demo of the kinds of things that I can do right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZNip-RI7o

I can simply resave files in movie maker so that 10 seconds would be 3MB instead of 300MB. The quality difference is so little that you can't tell without a trained eye.

If I find the time for it, I think I'd like to take a crack at doing the Overworld version even though I've never sprited before. I just think it would be an interesting artistic exercise in case I ever do anything like it in the future. But, since I'm newbtastic to this field of art, I'm skeptical of my skills.

Here's the first (and so far, the only one) I've done using one of the walking sprites as an example of how it might turn out (stealing Tht Gy's colors for consistency, lol):

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

Alrighty, I hope I got all the female sprite bases covered.

Finished piece is right here:

Will this work?

Is blasted backward out of window by pure awsomeness
Pulls glass out of back and climbs back up into room

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whipes blood away from nose This definatly will work!

Howdy! You must login or signup first!