Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Quotes with potential to becoming a meme.

Last posted Jun 16, 2011 at 09:06AM EDT. Added Jun 15, 2011 at 02:05PM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

The internet is a strange place were some quotes of pure randomness reach popularity. Every once and awhile you will come across a quote that has meme potential but no one ever catches on to it.

The idea for this thread came after reading a comment on a youtube video. The video was pinkie pie synced with nyan cat. One of the comments read

"WHATEVER YOU DO
DONT CROSS THE MEMES"

This comment was a month old, no ratings, no replys, yet it has serious meme potential.

I have come across many other potential meme quotes in my day, and I am wonder what over quotes did the community find that could have possibly become memes.

Better_MixMaster wrote:

The internet is a strange place were some quotes of pure randomness reach popularity. Every once and awhile you will come across a quote that has meme potential but no one ever catches on to it.

The idea for this thread came after reading a comment on a youtube video. The video was pinkie pie synced with nyan cat. One of the comments read

"WHATEVER YOU DO
DONT CROSS THE MEMES"

This comment was a month old, no ratings, no replys, yet it has serious meme potential.

I have come across many other potential meme quotes in my day, and I am wonder what over quotes did the community find that could have possibly become memes.

"I am wonder" Sounds like it could have meme potential too.

Yeah, I liked Ghostbusters too.
Rule #7: Don't Cross The Streams.

I don't know what you mean by "might become" a meme though. It is a meme.

But it's also just people referencing a movie that basically everybody saw in 1984 if they were alive, and many more later on.

So I mean, you could make a meme entry about it, but it was a pop culture phenomenon way before the web. It would be like making a meme entry for direct quotes from Star Wars instead of meme entries for the quotes from really bad bootlegs. They're more fun.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!