gotta get the reaction guys
Anonymous’s Habbo Raid AKA “Pool’s Closed”
To add to atomsk’s post: Mindfuck.
How about we put “that guy” as a meme?
I’m sorry, but has everyone forgotten about Surprise! Buttsecks as well?
Ohmygod, there are just so many memes to tackle – where to start?
How about focusing on the early, formative memes first?
The very first internet meme I can remember would by the Ally McBeal Dancing Baby – goes back to 1996.
Another really early video that got passed around to dozens, then thousands, then millions, then spawned an animated empire is the South Park Jesus vs. Santa Video-Christmas-Card.
Or, if you want to go back even further to the early nineties, how about Geekcode? http://www.geekcode.com/
Some other early memes that I can recall:
– Hamster Dance!
– Viking Kittens on Rathergood
– 9-11 Tourist Guy
– Ninjas Flipping Out with REAL ULTIMATE POWER! http://realultimatepower.net/
– Who can forget TUBCAT! http://www.tubcat.com
– While you cover the YATTA! meme, but don’t cover the wider idea of animutation (with Colin Mochrie)
– Spongemonkeys (even with their 15 minutes of Subway Commercial fame)
For more recent stuff, I’d like to see:
– LOLPresident.com (dam bukkit theif)
– Flying Spaghetti Monster (all bless his noodly appendage)
– And how could you bring up LOLcats without also mentioning the Laugh-Out-Loud Cats?
– One of my faves, Garfield Minus Garfield (and the earlier Random Garfield Generator)
– Diet Coke and Mentos (Eepybird)
– The Lucky Star Dance
And, according to http://www.dipity.com/tatercakes/Internet_Memes, the first internet meme, “The Emoticon”, surfaced in 1982.
Anyway, that’s more than enough for now!
Seconding RickRoll, that was HUGE and is still going.
ug teach me to turn pages, please.
Guys, please look at earlier pages of memes. We have almost all of the ones you guys have been suggesting.
Should be included as a meme.
And you all just lost.
The evolution and RL escape of the “Annoying Thing” (Also known as Crazy Frog)
milhouse, nough said
milhouse is not a meme…
however, milhouse is not a meme is a meme, and is already been listed.
thanks for the suggestion nontheless
james stop it, just stop it.
real life celeb memes:
“I think __________ is a pretty cool guy, eh [verb]s and doesn’t afraid of anything.”
I second the need for Candlejack.
#theBNParetwats its a twitter thing
stole my bike: http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Nigga%20Stole%20My%20Bike.jpg
A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!
It’s Chuck Norris
on the internets
wearing a three-wolf moon shirt
wielding Mohawk grenades
saying “Why so serious”
to your mom
Also, that’s what SHE said!
It’s not lupus.
What would YOU do for a Klondike bar?
I for one welcome our new [whatever] overlords.
All your base are belong to us.
Bird is the word.
so i herd u lik mudkipz
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
The Flying Spaghetti Monster
The Invisible Pink Unicorn
Charlie the Unicorn
Charlie bit my finger
Way to necro a five month old thread, Ninjay! \m/(^o^)\m/
But seriously though, most of those you suggested already have articles.
ALREADY IN THE DATABASE
- A Challenger Appears
- Chuck Norris Facts
- Three Wolf Moon
- It’s Not Lupus (still being critiqued_)
- I for one welcome our new overlords (_still being critiqued)
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us
- Leave Britney Alone!
- Flying Spaghetti Monster
- Charlie the Unicorn
- Charlie Bit Me
- 2 Girls 1 Cup
IDK WHAT THESE ARE / UNSURE IF MEME OR NOT
- Mr. T’s Mohawk Grenades is a meme now? Do you have proof?
- Bird is the Word
- Invisible Pink Unicorn
NOT AN INTERNET MEME (IRL MEMES)
- Why So Serious?
- Yo Momma Jokes
- That’s What She Said
- What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar?
You have been owned by Jostin. that is all
This is SOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!
Need More Gags
- Mr. T’s Mohawk Grenades is mentionned in the comments of this entry http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/whats-your-game But I don’t think it’s more relevant as a meme in itself.
- Bird is the Word is a Family Guy fad. Not a meme, killed at birth by the Family Guy effect. No ?
- Invisible Pink Unicorn: Ha, this one is a “fake” religion similar to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I forgot about this one => going to investigate on it now.
The invisible pink uniform has great potential to be a meme. I’m creating an entry now.
I was just using ones that weren’t in the comments for this page (except for Chuck Norris); it was my first time to the site. By any means, my intentions were to try to be constructive.
Btw, the ukulele kid from YouTube (singing “I’m yours”) was just featured on CNN today, if that means anything. 2,125,000 since the 6th. Watch for parodies or something as such.
I’m dead serious.
edited spongebob episodes.
Old facepalm image is oooooold.
sage goes in all fields
how i mine 4 fish?
hammertime!/ Can’t touch this
The Mudkip meme.
That smiley face that has the eyes looking up north-east (don’t know the name)
A couple of obvious ones, such as:
Shoop da Whoop
What about- The Game
Glad we know to look what’s here before saying anything.
DO NOT RESURRECT DEAD THREADS!
Truly dead threads lock themselves automatically. This was not a dead thread.
Logan, why do you hate old threads so much? Is this something we could talk through?
Gary mothereffing Oak
Internets (as in, +1 internets)
and some other third one, I’ll edit it in if I remember.
Or mebbeh Xion’s faec?
Why was this bumped?
The purpose of this thread went out last Thursday.