Forums / Meme Research

20,002 total conversations in 3,224 threads

+ New Thread

Furries

Last posted Jul 26, 2011 at 12:30AM EDT. Added Jul 11, 2011 at 10:26PM EDT
109 conversations with 38 participants

Since I’ve been added as one of the editors of that entry, I am curious how people think of furries.

Just post your thoughts, don’t start flaming, keep it SFW, check for typos, and bacon is delicious.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:26PM EDT

inb4 blatant disregard of “don’t start flaming”

I don’t have any problem with the moderate furries.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:40PM EDT

Furries are awesome. I see them as people with talent that decide that their alter-ego should be an anthropomorphic animals. And that’s all there is to them.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:44PM EDT

I don’t think they’re awesome. I just think of “look a furry….whatever” and I get on with life.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:49PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

We have a full page for this.

…I should have known. *facepalm

Anyways, I’m not here for facts….. I’m here to collect people’s thoughts about furries.

Last edited Jul 11, 2011 at 10:51PM EDT
Jul 11, 2011 at 10:50PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

Just wait till Stoffe hears about this. inb4 shitstorm

Why Stoffe?

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:54PM EDT

I don’t have any problems with them except when there are forcing it on me

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:55PM EDT

Neutral, but I lean more towards the hateful side.

Don’t break the piece of paper that stands between you and me, now…

Actually, I’m too kind to openly hate on someone. (For now, I guess.)

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:37PM EDT

MayorMilkman wrote:

Neutral, but I lean more towards the hateful side.

Don’t break the piece of paper that stands between you and me, now…

Actually, I’m too kind to openly hate on someone. (For now, I guess.)

He nails it.
In fact some of it I am ok with its just the weird shit.

Last edited Jul 12, 2011 at 12:03AM EDT
Jul 12, 2011 at 12:00AM EDT

Furries are a pretty cool guy.

Eh anthropomorphizes animals and doesn’t afraid of anything.

Jul 12, 2011 at 01:17AM EDT

Who’s Stoffe?
Furries are weird. Why would you enjoy looking at pictures of animals having sex?

Jul 12, 2011 at 02:30AM EDT

Kitten wrote:

Who’s Stoffe?
Furries are weird. Why would you enjoy looking at pictures of animals having sex?

That’s called zoophillia. It’s completely different and disgusting.

Jul 12, 2011 at 06:50AM EDT

Speaking for the majority of the planet, I don’t give one single fuck about furries.

Jul 12, 2011 at 09:03AM EDT

MDFification wrote:

Speaking for the majority of the planet, I don’t give one single fuck about furries.

Ex-Fucking-actly

Jul 12, 2011 at 09:04AM EDT

What do I think about furries?

And inb4 Stoffe and shitstorm

Jul 12, 2011 at 09:41AM EDT

furries are fine as long they are not sexualized.

i never understood why people complain about them to begin with… as long they are not envloved in any kind of twisted hentai, it’s prefectly fine..

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:48AM EDT

Mister J wrote:

Why Stoffe?

Stoffe despises furries. Yesterday during Sweetie Belle Day he mistook the celebrating bronies for furries.

Actually, Stoffe pretty much hates everyone.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:06AM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

Stoffe despises furries. Yesterday during Sweetie Belle Day he mistook the celebrating bronies for furries.

Actually, Stoffe pretty much hates everyone.

That my friend is called trolling.
Stoffe does it in a attempt to make someone rage for teh lulz…..

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:43AM EDT

I don’t understand why people only think of the erotic things of furries when only a small few of them are interested in it.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:31PM EDT

^ As for that, that pretty much applies to every group of people.

It’s always the bad ones that stick out the most. This is why we can’t have nice things right now.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:32PM EDT

MayorMilkman wrote:

^ As for that, that pretty much applies to every group of people.

It’s always the bad ones that stick out the most. This is why we can’t have nice things right now.

Yep. This is so true.

Furries have the Otherkin.
Anime has the Weaboos.
Southerners have the rednecks.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:37PM EDT

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Yep. This is so true.

Anime has the Weaboos.

Hear, hear.

Jul 12, 2011 at 02:01PM EDT

Is it just me, or is this the most civilized thread discussing furries ever to grace this site?

Jul 12, 2011 at 02:10PM EDT

Mister J wrote:

That’s called zoophillia. It’s completely different and disgusting.

Epic troll dodge. +1 for you. I think furries are very creative and I here a lot about raving from them, I like them but I don’t really like rule 34 of them… unless it’s catgirls.

Jul 12, 2011 at 02:57PM EDT

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Yep. This is so true.

Anime has the Weaboos.

… Would me and you be considered southerners?

Jul 12, 2011 at 02:58PM EDT

@Don’tMessWithMe: Catgirls or any other human with just ears and/or tail are not considered furries.

I have no hate and no love for the subject, thus my opinion sounds something like “Ok, you do that.”

Jul 12, 2011 at 03:41PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

@Don’tMessWithMe: Catgirls or any other human with just ears and/or tail are not considered furries.

I have no hate and no love for the subject, thus my opinion sounds something like “Ok, you do that.”

Jul 12, 2011 at 04:08PM EDT

Hmm, I always considered them to be on the outer rim, which is “humans with animal characteristics” thats the reason I separated them fro other furries in my previous post.
Also, I like the diagram

Jul 12, 2011 at 04:17PM EDT

This thread has no point. Also, what are plushies?

Last edited Jul 12, 2011 at 04:29PM EDT
Jul 12, 2011 at 04:28PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

This thread has no point. Also, what are plushies?

Stuffed animals. Nothing special.

Jul 12, 2011 at 04:34PM EDT

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Yep. This is so true.

Anime has the Weaboos.

Christians have the Westboro Baptist Church.

Jul 12, 2011 at 04:43PM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

Last edited Jul 12, 2011 at 09:37PM EDT
Jul 12, 2011 at 09:37PM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

Didgimon: no
MLP: HELL NO
Sonic: Almost
Starfox: definitely

Jul 12, 2011 at 10:12PM EDT

I think most Trolls find “Furries” easy to bash on because of their different interests, thus making a minority of the internet not to like them i suppose. Mostly i think they are just misinterpreted. In the sense that “Furries” are people that like to draw themselves or others as half human/half animal, etc., i think they are widely accepted and maybe even preferred; I’ve yet to meet someone on the internet that has a dislike towards this described group with good support past “They’re weird.” As to the other group, which i do not want to pair with the previously mentioned, a group that dresses up in animal costumes and to my knowledge (Which is not advanced in this subject) have sex, they are not commonly accepted by the internet from what i have observed. As for this site, I’ve observed many people who do what is described in the first case and i enjoy their ideas and honestly for the most part and from what i have observed are no different than you and i. So on this site they are accepted for the majority, as for the group described secondly, i’m supposing they are not “warmly greeted” on this site.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:05PM EDT

The reason why furries are bashed by trolls is actually much different.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:10PM EDT

That-guy wrote:

The reason why furries are bashed by trolls is actually much different.

K, educate :)

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:27PM EDT

Well ok then.
You see form what I’ve learned and noticed. The main reason furries are hated is because they spam just about everywhere. Asserting their pictures and miscellaneous and what not everywhere. While most people with a fetish, say, feet people, hypno or inflation, they keep it to themselves.

So initially they main reason from what I’ve noticed, learned and heard is the constant spam.

But I still dislike furries even if they didn’t spam. Just my opinion.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:35AM EDT

Lol alright, that makes perfect sense man :) So in your opinion, does that rule apply to other situations, like bronies?

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 12:58AM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 12:57AM EDT

Well actually that’s interesting that you mention it.

Well basically you could say the same situation that got furries on the bad side of people is happening with bronies too.
So yes that rule can apply to other situations. These situations CAN be fixed.
Bronies however are eh…well a questionable percentage are furries and such. And while bronies mean this whole takeover thing in humor and such, a lot of people view it in the same way furries got on the bad side.

Oh dear I’m ranting on about stuff that no one cares about I’m sure.

ITT: Yes this rule can apply to other situations. IMO, this rule is currently happening with bronies, but they know when to step down, well in my opinion. So essentially differing levels for bronies. But it can escalate.

Jul 13, 2011 at 01:53AM EDT

I guess I’m a furry, but I’m less into the fandom than others. I like anthro art and even have some old anthro art I did myself. Although I haven’t drawn furries in a while. Also, many of my friends are furries. There’s a lot of cool ones if you know where to look.

Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a number of weirdo furries, too. I don’t care what anybody’s kinks may be, so long as they just keep it to themselves. But it seems to me that a lot of furries are not only open, but PROUD of their fetishism. Also, drama queens. Furries are notorious for whiny fursecution rants. The pervs and whiny bitches irritate me.

Jul 13, 2011 at 02:01AM EDT

That-guy wrote:

Well basically you could say the same situation that got furries on the bad side of people is happening with bronies too.
Bronies however are eh…well a questionable percentage are furries and such. And while bronies mean this whole takeover thing in humor and such, a lot of people view it in the same way furries got on the bad side.

ITT: Yes this rule can apply to other situations. IMO, this rule is currently happening with bronies, but they know when to step down, well in my opinion. So essentially differing levels for bronies. But it can escalate.

Hmmm……. Interesting. I never thought of it in that way.

Jul 13, 2011 at 07:00AM EDT

That-guy wrote:

Yeah i gotta say that’s a very good point, basically it’s just the spam. So i guess to answer the thread question it’s not really the furries that some people don’t like, but more of the stereotypical spam, in conclusion?

Jul 13, 2011 at 09:36AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!