Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,393 total conversations in 3,327 threads

+ New Thread


Furries

Last posted Jul 26, 2011 at 12:30AM EDT. Added Jul 11, 2011 at 10:26PM EDT
109 posts from 38 users

Well somewhat. Like I said, yes it’s spam and how most furries are apparently proud of this fetish and spam it everywhere, but if you look in certain areas, most people hate furries a bit more than just the spam.

Such at the fursuits and stuff. And what they’ve seen. That however, is different. But overall, it’s mainly the spam.
So yes.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:28PM EDT
Quote

:D Well i guess that answers the thread’s question

Jul 13, 2011 at 03:16PM EDT

he could anyone please help me understand what’s the deal with furries anyway?

why are popular and on the other hand so hated?

it’s just humonid animals… that’s nothing special… almost every kids show has humanoid animals…

now furry hentai… that’s umm… very disturbing to say the least… but that’s not what the deal is about right?

Jul 13, 2011 at 03:55PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

he could anyone please help me understand what’s the deal with furries anyway?

why are popular and on the other hand so hated?

it’s just humonid animals… that’s nothing special… almost every kids show has humanoid animals…

now furry hentai… that’s umm… very disturbing to say the least… but that’s not what the deal is about right?

Yeah. The main core of furry fandom is like what you said, “humanoid animals”. That’s not a problem. The problem is in every fandom there will be some perverts who turn everything into porn….. and unfortunately the perverts of furries are rather flamboyant about it, which causes major headaches to the other 99.9% of furries.

Jul 13, 2011 at 04:03PM EDT
Quote

The problem isn’t the porn. There are tons of fetishes out there that are way weirder and more disturbing than that.
The problem is somewhat the same as MLP or every fandom in general.

LOL? HEY GUYS I’M A “insert fandom here” AND I’M GONNA POST “insert fandom here” STUFF ON YOUR WEBSITE NOT MATTER WHAT, EVEN IF I SHOULDN’T, EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT BECAUSE I’M FREE, YOU SEE! I’M FREE TO BE A NEWFAG AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME! STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE YOU HATERS LOLOLOL/TOLERATE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU EVEN IF I KNOW I’M THE OBNOXIOUS ONE THAT IS ANNOYING YOU!!!!111"

I would say it’s the same kind of reaction as for anything in life. You are free to like what you want in your own property, but are you going to show it to everyone in the street or at your workplace, moreso if you are going to call everyone who just don’t give a shit “haters”, whining like littles girls?
If you’re sensible enough, of course you won’t.
Nearly all people complaining just point out that fact only. Nothing else.

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 05:19PM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 04:52PM EDT
Quote

But just remember though.
I hate furries. I did go with it yes to explain why they are hated. Even Tomberry helped explain.
But I do have a more darker side to my hatred. And just remember.

Stoffe can strike a any time.

Jul 13, 2011 at 05:00PM EDT
Quote

Idk, people wanting to screw animals is wrong.

Jul 13, 2011 at 05:33PM EDT

That-guy wrote:

But just remember though.
I hate furries. I did go with it yes to explain why they are hated. Even Tomberry helped explain.
But I do have a more darker side to my hatred. And just remember.

Stoffe can strike a any time.

Fine with me.
I think I had enough info to satisfy myself. Thanks.

@Sweatie
Zoophilia is not part of the furry fandom, thank you very much.

Last edited Jul 13, 2011 at 05:34PM EDT
Jul 13, 2011 at 05:33PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

The problem isn’t the porn. There are tons of fetishes out there that are way weirder and more disturbing than that.
The problem is somewhat the same as MLP or every fandom in general.

LOL? HEY GUYS I’M A “insert fandom here” AND I’M GONNA POST “insert fandom here” STUFF ON YOUR WEBSITE NOT MATTER WHAT, EVEN IF I SHOULDN’T, EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT BECAUSE I’M FREE, YOU SEE! I’M FREE TO BE A NEWFAG AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME! STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE YOU HATERS LOLOLOL/TOLERATE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU EVEN IF I KNOW I’M THE OBNOXIOUS ONE THAT IS ANNOYING YOU!!!!111"

I would say it’s the same kind of reaction as for anything in life. You are free to like what you want in your own property, but are you going to show it to everyone in the street or at your workplace, moreso if you are going to call everyone who just don’t give a shit “haters”, whining like littles girls?
If you’re sensible enough, of course you won’t.
Nearly all people complaining just point out that fact only. Nothing else.

when did any of these happen? i am surfing the internet a lot. image spamming is something that i never encoutered…

what i did encounter is bigotry, yes, internet bigotry, of people hating on something just because it is related to something popular/infamous.

someone posts a cool picutre of a cat warrior thing? reaction: AAAH! I HATE FURRIES! KILL IT WITH FIRE. they don’t even care about the content as long as it has to do something with this kind of stuff people will start hating on it. that is horrbly pathetic
these are some more facts…

Jul 14, 2011 at 05:04AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

when did any of these happen? i am surfing the internet a lot. image spamming is something that i never encoutered…

what i did encounter is bigotry, yes, internet bigotry, of people hating on something just because it is related to something popular/infamous.

someone posts a cool picutre of a cat warrior thing? reaction: AAAH! I HATE FURRIES! KILL IT WITH FIRE. they don’t even care about the content as long as it has to do something with this kind of stuff people will start hating on it. that is horrbly pathetic
these are some more facts…

I have never encountered people that don’t give a damn about the show NOT reacting against fandom enthusiasts over-posting (I don’t say spamming) their love for it on a website they go to that has nothing to do with the show in question.

And, of course, the only ones that think it’s wrong to react badly to their fandom (not the show itself) are the fans themselves.

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:51AM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

I have never encountered people that don’t give a damn about the show NOT reacting against fandom enthusiasts over-posting (I don’t say spamming) their love for it on a website they go to that has nothing to do with the show in question.

And, of course, the only ones that think it’s wrong to react badly to their fandom (not the show itself) are the fans themselves.

that’s not overposting, ill give you a few examples of mine:

i posted on the TF2 forums some TF2+MLP:FiM crossover art. what are the reactions – “ponyfags! kill the cancer with fire!” it didn’t matter to them that it was just simple good TF2 fan art with a twist, all they cared is that it’s related to… this is a pathetic immature behavior.
and you know what’s the worst part?
that in the beginning of that thread i have clearly stated that if you don’t like the fandom, don’t post. but they didn’t care, they still flooded the thread screaming their hatred out loud causing a flame war… again. pathetic, immature and i might also say, disgusting.

this is real experience. now tell me hiw iver enthusiasm of a fandom pissed you/your friends off… i am interested…

Jul 14, 2011 at 01:24PM EDT
Quote

Are you guys talking about furries or the MLP fandom now?

Jul 14, 2011 at 01:34PM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

Are you guys talking about furries or the MLP fandom now?

lol you are absolutly right, let’s get back on the main topic gents… besides, horses don’t even have fur… i think it’s called a coat..

anywho, i still don’t understand what the fuss is about, furries are fairly harmless but still nothing special… hell, half of the famous video game mascots are furry, no one really cares about that…

altought i must say, sometimes in cartoons, when the main characters are humanoid it can actually add quite a bit to the depth.
so you have a charectar who is a lion so you would natually think he is the bravest and strongest. but when you give him additional personality traits like passion, care, and stuff like that – could really do better character development than if they were simple humans…

Jul 14, 2011 at 02:28PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

lol you are absolutly right, let’s get back on the main topic gents… besides, horses don’t even have fur… i think it’s called a coat..

anywho, i still don’t understand what the fuss is about, furries are fairly harmless but still nothing special… hell, half of the famous video game mascots are furry, no one really cares about that…

altought i must say, sometimes in cartoons, when the main characters are humanoid it can actually add quite a bit to the depth.
so you have a charectar who is a lion so you would natually think he is the bravest and strongest. but when you give him additional personality traits like passion, care, and stuff like that – could really do better character development than if they were simple humans…

Lad, there is so much in that paragraph I point out on what would be wrong.

Jul 14, 2011 at 03:18PM EDT
Quote

I can’t really say I love or hate furries, however it’s a strange culture to be exposed to. These are people who think that at one point in their past life they where an animal. This however is nothing new. Many Asian religions believe in reincarnation, and would naturally assume that at some point in their past life’s they where animals due to their levels of Karma. It’s also a simple way of expressing who you are, what your personality is like, etc. And guess what? I don’t mind one bit.

However, I understand the dressing up part. I am a Cosplayer, thus I assume my level of obsession with Anime and Video Games is equal to any furry willing to dress up in a animal costume.

Jul 14, 2011 at 03:35PM EDT
Quote

Mister J wrote:

Fine with me.
I think I had enough info to satisfy myself. Thanks.

@Sweatie
Zoophilia is not part of the furry fandom, thank you very much.

Are you sure?

I am 105% correct that all furries are part of the Zoophilia fandom.

Jul 14, 2011 at 04:16PM EDT

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Are you sure?

I am 105% correct that all furries are part of the Zoophilia fandom.

…..fine.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
According to a study, 19–25% of the fandom members report homosexuality, 37–48% bisexuality, 30–51% heterosexual, and 3–8% other forms of alternative sexual relationships. In 2002 about 2% stated an interest in zoophilia.

Happy?

Jul 14, 2011 at 04:31PM EDT
Quote

Mister J wrote:

…..fine.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
According to a study, 19–25% of the fandom members report homosexuality, 37–48% bisexuality, 30–51% heterosexual, and 3–8% other forms of alternative sexual relationships. In 2002 about 2% stated an interest in zoophilia.

Happy?

That explains why all the furry artwork is oriented in the way it is on 4chan, but the percentages seem off.

Last edited Jul 14, 2011 at 04:45PM EDT
Jul 14, 2011 at 04:44PM EDT

Mister J wrote:

…..fine.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
According to a study, 19–25% of the fandom members report homosexuality, 37–48% bisexuality, 30–51% heterosexual, and 3–8% other forms of alternative sexual relationships. In 2002 about 2% stated an interest in zoophilia.

Happy?

Don’t trust wikipedia. The Furry Fandom page there is made and maintained by a single user, who is herself a furry, and thus is hugely biased. She rules with an iron fist, and it’s unknown whether that study had a factual basis,

I have seen a great amount of furry pr0n in my time, so I’d say the statistics are much larger.
The thing is, that survey would have been carried out among the mainstream furry sites. This means that the fringe zoophilia groups were not surveyed. These groups aren’t really “furries” in a sense, because they’re not enthusiasts of the anthro-animal culture like furries are. They’re just attracted to its potential to fufil their fetishes. And, when people call them out for being perverted, they just say “fursecution, I’m a furry”.

But, of course, I have no statistics to back this up.

Jul 14, 2011 at 06:03PM EDT

Well I think we could get some solid ground on the “Furry” Fanbase if we looked at it’s origin, but none the less, everyone has their own definition for nearly every topic. So just because someone is a “Furry” does not mean they do everything someone supposes a “Furry” does. Assuming so would be stereotyping i assume.

Jul 14, 2011 at 06:25PM EDT

The reason they hate them so much is because other people enjoy them and they want to troll others. It isn’t that big of a deal. Don’t think about if people hate it that it isn’t a meme. About half hate and half enjoy. It’s still a large fanbase.

Jul 14, 2011 at 06:30PM EDT
Quote

The problem I have with furries isn’t that they’re different or that I don’t agree with what they… “believe in”, it’s that most of them tend to be too flamboyant.

By that I mean they go around thinking that they are of higher quality, or such. “I’m a furry. If you don’t like it, go the fuck away!” I wasn’t going to judge you for being a furry, but now I am going to judge you for being an annoying one.

It’s the same problem with anyone that has the mindset that they are “different” from the norm, such as some girls that play video games, “Omg don’t hit on me u silly boyzz~ ;D”. It’s fucking annoying. Shut up.

tl;dr, if you don’t want to be treated different, stop thinking that you are.

Jul 14, 2011 at 06:45PM EDT
Quote

Taryn wrote:

The problem I have with furries isn’t that they’re different or that I don’t agree with what they… “believe in”, it’s that most of them tend to be too flamboyant.

By that I mean they go around thinking that they are of higher quality, or such. “I’m a furry. If you don’t like it, go the fuck away!” I wasn’t going to judge you for being a furry, but now I am going to judge you for being an annoying one.

It’s the same problem with anyone that has the mindset that they are “different” from the norm, such as some girls that play video games, “Omg don’t hit on me u silly boyzz~ ;D”. It’s fucking annoying. Shut up.

tl;dr, if you don’t want to be treated different, stop thinking that you are.

Good point.

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

I knew a furry irl who wore a collar at all times, barked instead of saying hello, and would howl at random people on the street. It was annoying to say the least.

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:53PM EDT
Quote

I have a friend who raves in fursuits… it’s kinda weird. Lets just say we’re not the best of friends.
I have nothing wrong with furries. In fact, sometimes furries are actually beneficial but they’re so flamboyant about it. Which, i’m afraid every group is guilty of (bronies, otakus, any fandom, etc.). So they just need to stay chill about it. Oh, and yiffing is disgusting, i will say that. I don’t care what you think, that’s still pretty gross.

Jul 14, 2011 at 08:34PM EDT

Power, No Limits wrote:

I have a friend who raves in fursuits… it’s kinda weird. Lets just say we’re not the best of friends.
I have nothing wrong with furries. In fact, sometimes furries are actually beneficial but they’re so flamboyant about it. Which, i’m afraid every group is guilty of (bronies, otakus, any fandom, etc.). So they just need to stay chill about it. Oh, and yiffing is disgusting, i will say that. I don’t care what you think, that’s still pretty gross.

Lapfox FTW.


Oh, and I agree, the first time I accidentally saw furry porn art I almost threw up.
I’ll stick with normal furry art.

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:05PM EDT
Quote

Taryn wrote:

The problem I have with furries isn’t that they’re different or that I don’t agree with what they… “believe in”, it’s that most of them tend to be too flamboyant.

By that I mean they go around thinking that they are of higher quality, or such. “I’m a furry. If you don’t like it, go the fuck away!” I wasn’t going to judge you for being a furry, but now I am going to judge you for being an annoying one.

It’s the same problem with anyone that has the mindset that they are “different” from the norm, such as some girls that play video games, “Omg don’t hit on me u silly boyzz~ ;D”. It’s fucking annoying. Shut up.

tl;dr, if you don’t want to be treated different, stop thinking that you are.

This pretty much sums up my views on everything.

Jul 14, 2011 at 09:17PM EDT

You are now imagining Keith getting it on in a hot spring with Natani.
It’s really messy.

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:54AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew posted:
lol you are absolutly right, let’s get back on the main topic gents… besides, horses don’t even have fur… i think it’s called a coat..

Well! A lot of anthro animals don’t have fur, like birds and reptiles. They are called avians and scalies but they are still considered as a subkind of furries.

Last edited Jul 15, 2011 at 03:52PM EDT
Jul 15, 2011 at 03:52PM EDT
Quote

Taryn actually nailed my view I had trouble expressing early on.
That’s the thing really.

Jul 15, 2011 at 07:02PM EDT
Quote

So many furry fetishes. Herms with vaginas under their balls? Beings who were made for the sole purpose of sex? Seriously? And most of all, DarkNekogami.

Jul 15, 2011 at 07:12PM EDT
Quote

Flimsy wrote:

So many furry fetishes. Herms with vaginas under their balls? Beings who were made for the sole purpose of sex? Seriously? And most of all, DarkNekogami.

What’s “DarkNekogami”?
*le googling
OMG WTF


Don’t scare me like that.

Jul 15, 2011 at 08:41PM EDT
Quote

Taryn wrote:

The problem I have with furries isn’t that they’re different or that I don’t agree with what they… “believe in”, it’s that most of them tend to be too flamboyant.

By that I mean they go around thinking that they are of higher quality, or such. “I’m a furry. If you don’t like it, go the fuck away!” I wasn’t going to judge you for being a furry, but now I am going to judge you for being an annoying one.

It’s the same problem with anyone that has the mindset that they are “different” from the norm, such as some girls that play video games, “Omg don’t hit on me u silly boyzz~ ;D”. It’s fucking annoying. Shut up.

tl;dr, if you don’t want to be treated different, stop thinking that you are.

This pretty much nailed my view on furries.

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:52PM EDT
Quote

I should make a Foot fetish thread and rub it in everyones face, for an excellent experiment to see the results.

Last edited Jul 16, 2011 at 03:04AM EDT
Jul 16, 2011 at 03:03AM EDT

Flimsy wrote:

So many furry fetishes. Herms with vaginas under their balls? Beings who were made for the sole purpose of sex? Seriously? And most of all, DarkNekogami.

There are a lot of weird fetishes even outside the furry fandom. I found a lot of them without having to search. The most of them involve anime or cartoon girls and defy the phisics and the makesense as well.
Besides, not all furries love all existent fetishes. And some of us don’t even like yiff.
We are a less uniform community than outsiders can see. Some of us, like me, don’t even even have a fursuit.

Jul 16, 2011 at 06:14PM EDT
Quote

I found this while looking for Hentai.

Last edited Jul 16, 2011 at 10:07PM EDT
Jul 16, 2011 at 10:07PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

well to those who dis like furries i understand the problems you put foward but not all of them are like that and why would you be in a furry thread if ur sick of them posting things? dosent make much sense but each persons entitled to there own opinion if they yiff or not at least they dont bash on non furries and go around raping people….

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:37PM EDT
Quote

robcp3 wrote:

well to those who dis like furries i understand the problems you put foward but not all of them are like that and why would you be in a furry thread if ur sick of them posting things? dosent make much sense but each persons entitled to there own opinion if they yiff or not at least they dont bash on non furries and go around raping people….

I’m doing my best to comprehend this post. I’m having little success so far. Something about raping people and not bashing.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:13PM EDT
Quote

Suiseiseki     wrote:

I’m doing my best to comprehend this post. I’m having little success so far. Something about raping people and not bashing.

i thought it was pretty strait forward furries dont bother others about their sexual preferences so y? bother them

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:28PM EDT
Quote

robcp3 wrote:

i thought it was pretty strait forward furries dont bother others about their sexual preferences so y? bother them

It’s hard to consider your argument seriously when you have the grammar of a five year old with brain damage.

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:30PM EDT
Quote

robcp3 wrote:

i thought it was pretty strait forward furries dont bother others about their sexual preferences so y? bother them

There’s quite a few of them that bother me by trying to convert other threads into furry threads. Not all people from minorities are good. Stop making stereotypes, you prejudiced person!

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:34PM EDT

robcp3 wrote:

i thought it was pretty strait forward furries dont bother others about their sexual preferences so y? bother them

“I thought it was pretty straightforward: Furries don’t bother others about their sexual preferences so why bother them?”

My thoughts:
….
……
…….
………
…………
………………isn’t that the whole point of this thread?

Jul 22, 2011 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

Snaps

Guess what?

I HAVE NEVER BEEN BOTHERED OR EVEN ENCOUNTERED AN OBNOXIOUS FURRY! NEVER!

I have encountered obnoxious gamers, weeboos, supernerds, trolls, and haters, but I have never encountered a obnoxious furry in my life! Funny, isn’t it? That the one thing that seems to get the most hate is the one thing that has never crossed my path.

And fun fact: I make a point not hate things because they are fun to hate! If I actually hate something I DON’T BITCH ABOUT IT 24/7! BECAUSE PEOPLE GET INTRESTED IN WHAT IM BITCHING ABOUT AND LOOK IT UP MAKEING IT MORE FAMOUS!

/rant

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 09:52PM EDT
Jul 22, 2011 at 09:51PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!