Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Meme Outlook and the Future

Last posted Jul 13, 2011 at 12:27PM EDT. Added Jul 12, 2011 at 11:27PM EDT
5 posts from 5 users

Well this is technically a continuation of an earlier thread…

So I’ve been wondering what meme’s will be like by the next decade. Will they be more popular, will they fizzle out in existance? What are your thoughts? Hmm? Remember when it all started back with the dancing baby. Even before the net there things like "Kilroy was here." With so many new memes emerging at an alerting rate, what might future material look like. New stuff might be created at this very MOMENT!

If you see anything that looks like an early meme, post the sause here as well before going on and making a blind article. We need to judge before we confirm the future!

Sometimes though, in all honesty it's better to be on the ball and catch it early. At least if you want to get one confirmed, because anyone can just lurk, snatch the idea, and post.

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Well this is technically a continuation of an earlier thread…

So I’ve been wondering what meme’s will be like by the next decade. Will they be more popular, will they fizzle out in existance? What are your thoughts? Hmm? Remember when it all started back with the dancing baby. Even before the net there things like "Kilroy was here." With so many new memes emerging at an alerting rate, what might future material look like. New stuff might be created at this very MOMENT!

If you see anything that looks like an early meme, post the sause here as well before going on and making a blind article. We need to judge before we confirm the future!

Entry content does not need to be approved in the forums prior to entry creation. When an entry is first created it is placed in the "submissions", not "confirmed".

That said, sometimes it can be very helpful to consult the forums to gather the information needed to create an entry.

As far as what memes will be like in the next decade, I believe that we will see popular culture and marketing revolving around memes and viral videos much more. As the internet becomes a large part of culture and the idea of a meme become a larger part of culture, we will see a surge in popularity of memes.

I sincerely doubt that they in any way, shape, or form will fizzle out.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!