Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,680 total conversations in 3,369 threads

+ New Thread

Tsundere posts - "I-It's not like I like you or anything!"

Last posted Jul 19, 2011 at 04:00PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2011 at 02:38PM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

Tsundere is a trope as old as manga itself, representation of a character acting cold by denying his/her affection for another character, for various reasons. That TvTropes article explains it better than I do.

The tsundere character is a meme, though not really related to Internet in any way. On the other hand, the catchphrase “I-It’s not like I like you or anything you d-d-dummy!” is very widespread on Internet, and the way of writing posts by making it as you were kind of stuttering, with a note of shyness, is commonplace on some boards.

I’m sure some of you remember about those /b/ threads featuring a drawn character from Touhou writing “I-I-I like you a-anon” or the like, which was considered kind of forced at the time. This is, of course, appreciated by weeaboos.

it’s also commonplace to have the “You have 10 seconds to be as tsunder as possible” game.

Thoughts about it?

Last edited Jul 18, 2011 at 02:40PM EDT
Jul 18, 2011 at 02:38PM EDT

I think that it is deserving of an entry. Memes can become tropes and tropes have been known to facilitate memes. It’s a popular way of showing a love/hate relationship, as shown through some of the old 4chumblr fanart from forever ago.

Jul 18, 2011 at 03:07PM EDT

I-It’s not like I think it deserves an entry or a-anything!

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:31AM EDT

I-It’s not like I h-have a speech impediment or a-anything!

Jul 19, 2011 at 07:28AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!