Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,668 total conversations in 3,366 threads

+ New Thread


updating: Rageguy

Last posted Aug 02, 2011 at 04:14PM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2011 at 08:48AM EDT
15 posts from 5 users

I have recently made a small update to the entry of Rageguy. I have added the Origin, the Mashable Award and I will be adding the “Race Guy” incident soon. Anything else I should add?

Jul 30, 2011 at 08:48AM EDT
Quote

It’s looking good, Sav.

Just curious, though, what is the source saying that that was the first comic with the use of rage guy?

Or, if it’s sort of a common knowledge thing, it should at least be acknowledged as such, hopefully with a link to a place discussing its origin.

Fill me in, yo.

Jul 30, 2011 at 06:24PM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

It’s looking good, Sav.

Just curious, though, what is the source saying that that was the first comic with the use of rage guy?

Or, if it’s sort of a common knowledge thing, it should at least be acknowledged as such, hopefully with a link to a place discussing its origin.

Fill me in, yo.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:45PM EDT
Quote

I added a NSFW flag, if you don’t mind.
Even if teenagers like jokes about bodily fluids, I don’t think seeing a drawing of someone taking a shit is “Safe for Work”, per se.

Jul 31, 2011 at 02:30AM EDT
Quote

I also added a reference in that paragraph to ED. I just wanted the statement to be backed up by something.

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:41PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

I added a NSFW flag, if you don’t mind.
Even if teenagers like jokes about bodily fluids, I don’t think seeing a drawing of someone taking a shit is “Safe for Work”, per se.

thanks Tomberry… haven’t thought of that

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:46PM EDT
Quote

Chris wrote:

I also added a reference in that paragraph to ED. I just wanted the statement to be backed up by something.

nicely done!

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:18PM EDT
Quote

About confirming if it’s the real image origin for the rageguy meme, there may be a definite way to do it if searching through archives or using sauce websites such as saucenao or tineye don’t work.

Extracting the Exif datas of a picture. Exif datas are unique to a file and allow to see, among other things, the initial date of making of the picture in question.

I would have added it to the stickied “How to Find Image Sources” if it wasn’t locked due to inactivity.

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:39PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

About confirming if it’s the real image origin for the rageguy meme, there may be a definite way to do it if searching through archives or using sauce websites such as saucenao or tineye don’t work.

Extracting the Exif datas of a picture. Exif datas are unique to a file and allow to see, among other things, the initial date of making of the picture in question.

I would have added it to the stickied “How to Find Image Sources” if it wasn’t locked due to inactivity.

any tips on how to do this?

Aug 01, 2011 at 12:55PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

About confirming if it’s the real image origin for the rageguy meme, there may be a definite way to do it if searching through archives or using sauce websites such as saucenao or tineye don’t work.

Extracting the Exif datas of a picture. Exif datas are unique to a file and allow to see, among other things, the initial date of making of the picture in question.

I would have added it to the stickied “How to Find Image Sources” if it wasn’t locked due to inactivity.

I unlocked that thread, so feel free to post that way to find image sources.

Aug 01, 2011 at 01:04PM EDT
Quote

The French article about it on Wikipedia offers a list of websites for Exif data extraction.
I must admit I don’t really know how it works and I suggest caution about using them but here they are:

- Konvertor
- Opanda IExif viewer
- ImageMagick™

And a few more, all in English.

On the other hand, it seems it only works for .TIFF and .JPEG files only. And also it seems it only works form photographs more than mspaint/photoshop-made pictures. The article however states that Exif data aren’t deleted even after the photograph is retouched by programs such as Photoshop (post-2003). I don’t know if it can be used for ms-paint strips actually.

But it still can be useful for photo-based memes.

Thanks Abra! I’m going to add it.

Last edited Aug 01, 2011 at 02:05PM EDT
Aug 01, 2011 at 01:58PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

The French article about it on Wikipedia offers a list of websites for Exif data extraction.
I must admit I don’t really know how it works and I suggest caution about using them but here they are:

- Konvertor
- Opanda IExif viewer
- ImageMagick™

And a few more, all in English.

On the other hand, it seems it only works for .TIFF and .JPEG files only. And also it seems it only works form photographs more than mspaint/photoshop-made pictures. The article however states that Exif data aren’t deleted even after the photograph is retouched by programs such as Photoshop (post-2003). I don’t know if it can be used for ms-paint strips actually.

But it still can be useful for photo-based memes.

Thanks Abra! I’m going to add it.

I’ll have a look. Thanks!

Aug 01, 2011 at 02:13PM EDT
Quote

Are you guys sure that’s the actual origin? I mean, it’s ED, so they probably went for the most vulgar story possible. Whatever happened to the yogurt thing?

Just playing devil’s advocate here.

Aug 01, 2011 at 06:55PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

Are you guys sure that’s the actual origin? I mean, it’s ED, so they probably went for the most vulgar story possible. Whatever happened to the yogurt thing?

Just playing devil’s advocate here.

Yeah, I’m a bit concerned myself. what yogurt thing?

Aug 02, 2011 at 04:14PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!