Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

updating: Rageguy

Last posted Aug 02, 2011 at 04:14PM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2011 at 08:48AM EDT
15 posts from 5 users

It's looking good, Sav.

Just curious, though, what is the source saying that that was the first comic with the use of rage guy?

Or, if it's sort of a common knowledge thing, it should at least be acknowledged as such, hopefully with a link to a place discussing its origin.

Fill me in, yo.

Chris wrote:

It's looking good, Sav.

Just curious, though, what is the source saying that that was the first comic with the use of rage guy?

Or, if it's sort of a common knowledge thing, it should at least be acknowledged as such, hopefully with a link to a place discussing its origin.

Fill me in, yo.

I added a NSFW flag, if you don't mind.
Even if teenagers like jokes about bodily fluids, I don't think seeing a drawing of someone taking a shit is "Safe for Work", per se.

Tomberry wrote:

I added a NSFW flag, if you don't mind.
Even if teenagers like jokes about bodily fluids, I don't think seeing a drawing of someone taking a shit is "Safe for Work", per se.

thanks Tomberry… haven't thought of that

About confirming if it's the real image origin for the rageguy meme, there may be a definite way to do it if searching through archives or using sauce websites such as saucenao or tineye don't work.

Extracting the Exif datas of a picture. Exif datas are unique to a file and allow to see, among other things, the initial date of making of the picture in question.

I would have added it to the stickied "How to Find Image Sources" if it wasn't locked due to inactivity.

Tomberry wrote:

About confirming if it's the real image origin for the rageguy meme, there may be a definite way to do it if searching through archives or using sauce websites such as saucenao or tineye don't work.

Extracting the Exif datas of a picture. Exif datas are unique to a file and allow to see, among other things, the initial date of making of the picture in question.

I would have added it to the stickied "How to Find Image Sources" if it wasn't locked due to inactivity.

any tips on how to do this?

Tomberry wrote:

I unlocked that thread, so feel free to post that way to find image sources.

The French article about it on Wikipedia offers a list of websites for Exif data extraction.
I must admit I don't really know how it works and I suggest caution about using them but here they are:

- Konvertor
- Opanda IExif viewer
- ImageMagick™

And a few more, all in English.

On the other hand, it seems it only works for .TIFF and .JPEG files only. And also it seems it only works form photographs more than mspaint/photoshop-made pictures. The article however states that Exif data aren't deleted even after the photograph is retouched by programs such as Photoshop (post-2003). I don't know if it can be used for ms-paint strips actually.

But it still can be useful for photo-based memes.

Thanks Abra! I'm going to add it.

Last edited Aug 01, 2011 at 02:05PM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

The French article about it on Wikipedia offers a list of websites for Exif data extraction.
I must admit I don't really know how it works and I suggest caution about using them but here they are:

- Konvertor
- Opanda IExif viewer
- ImageMagick™

And a few more, all in English.

On the other hand, it seems it only works for .TIFF and .JPEG files only. And also it seems it only works form photographs more than mspaint/photoshop-made pictures. The article however states that Exif data aren't deleted even after the photograph is retouched by programs such as Photoshop (post-2003). I don't know if it can be used for ms-paint strips actually.

But it still can be useful for photo-based memes.

Thanks Abra! I'm going to add it.

I'll have a look. Thanks!

Are you guys sure that's the actual origin? I mean, it's ED, so they probably went for the most vulgar story possible. Whatever happened to the yogurt thing?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Fridge wrote:

Are you guys sure that's the actual origin? I mean, it's ED, so they probably went for the most vulgar story possible. Whatever happened to the yogurt thing?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned myself. what yogurt thing?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!