Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

I need some opinion about my entry

Last posted Aug 05, 2011 at 04:17PM EDT. Added Aug 05, 2011 at 04:23AM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/jebediah-kerman#.TjumJGNN_sI

It's a very popular meme/fad among the indie game Kerbal Space Program, I did my best to make it not like a stub. It's my first entry and I'm looking forward to some opinion

Last edited Aug 05, 2011 at 04:49AM EDT

Its good, although the grammar/punctuation could be worked on in the Origin bit, as that part confused me and I had to read it twice. Other than that, top notch job.

Also, sorry for not replying when you logged into the IRC. Its late, and we are inactive. Plus I'm playing Zelda right now and wasn't paying attention to it. This time of night it usually takes around ten to fifteen minutes to get a reply, if ever.

Last edited Aug 05, 2011 at 04:36AM EDT

Syndic wrote:

Its good, although the grammar/punctuation could be worked on in the Origin bit, as that part confused me and I had to read it twice. Other than that, top notch job.

Also, sorry for not replying when you logged into the IRC. Its late, and we are inactive. Plus I'm playing Zelda right now and wasn't paying attention to it. This time of night it usually takes around ten to fifteen minutes to get a reply, if ever.

I think I’m drunk when I wrote the origin part, I’m re-writing it.

It sucks.

Oh, you probably wanted me to read it before sharing an opinion, huh?

Okay, I don't know much about the meme in question, but here are some copy editing suggestions:

Kerbal Space Program is a video game developed by Squad. In the game, the player creates spacecrafts and launches them into space. The game is currently in Alpha state and is undergoing development.

Redundancy issues here. I'd drop the phrase "into space" because, well duh. Also I'm not super familiar with how video game development works, but isn't the last sentence essentially saying the same thing twice? If I'm understanding the terms correctly, I think you should say "The game is currently in the Alpha stage of development.

The basic concept of the game involves players building spacecrafts and launching them into space from Kerbal, a planet 600 kilometers in radius. In the spacecraft are three crew members: Bob, Jebediah, and Bill Kerman. Players begin by designing their own spacecrafts in the Vehicle Assembly Building using the various parts provided. Once finished, the player can proceed to the Launch Pad, where they launch their crafts into space. The player is able to control the pitch, roll, and yaw of the spacecraft, along with the throttle. G Force, heading, speed, and height are all tracked during the flight.

Once again, I'd drop every instance of "into space". The first word of the last should be spelled "G-force" in this context, and I wonder if where you wrote "height" you meant "altitude", as that's more common, but use whatever terminology the game uses.

Jebediah Kerman serves as the flight commander of the crew, he is well known amongst player for his grin. As he never loses his smile no matter how worse is the scenario. Fans have given him a badass status and have made multiple reference about him

Instead of a comma after "crew", you should have a full stop/period, and capitalize "He" as the start of a new sentence. This new sentence should be combined with the next, which is only a fragment anyway; hyphenate "well-known", replace the full stop/period with a comma, change "as" to lower-case, and replace the words "worse is" with "bad". The last sentence needs "reference" to be plural, and it needs a full stop/period. The phrase "references about him" is a little strange, but I don't have a replacement suggestion.

Overall, though, it looks like a good entry, so we'll just have to wait and see how it develops now!

Last edited Aug 05, 2011 at 04:18PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!