Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,681 total conversations in 3,369 threads

+ New Thread

Hub entry for Hashtags?

Last posted Aug 17, 2011 at 06:32PM EDT. Added Aug 13, 2011 at 09:45AM EDT
6 posts from 6 users

Considering the fact that there’s been an increasing number of memes based on these, do you think one should be made?

Aug 13, 2011 at 09:45AM EDT

Well, you’d have to consider the amount of sub-memes. There’ll probably be like “over 9000”.

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:11AM EDT

not necessarily. it’s like making an entry for reddit’s upvote button. it’s a website feature, not a meme

Aug 13, 2011 at 05:14PM EDT

What I fear is a massive glut of entries being submitted daily for every single twitter trend that hits. I would like to see a hub made but I don’t think there are enough hashtag trends that have transcended twitter. The only two I can think of are #firstworldproblems and #notintendedtobeafactualstatement. As time passes I can see a use for it but for right now I think we are fine.

Aug 16, 2011 at 03:59PM EDT

I do not think a hashtag hub entry is needed; I agree with DPF that the purpose can be served by the Twitter entry. However, I would like to see an increase in trending twitter topics and hashtag entries that are modeled after entries like these:

#AccordingtoPalin
#ReasonstoBeatYourGirlfriend
#Greenfieldism
#shestooyoungforyoubro
#FuckYouWashington
#Дождь

They can make for some pretty interesting entries when filled with data from sites like Trendistic.

Aug 17, 2011 at 06:32PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!