Forums / Meme Research

20,479 total conversations in 3,315 threads

+ New Thread

Final Fantasy memes

Last posted Sep 06, 2011 at 05:43AM EDT. Added Aug 24, 2011 at 11:30AM EDT
11 conversations with 9 participants

I will use this to ask for 3 memes/subcultures.

1. Hub entry for Final Fantasy: Final Fantasy is the longest running game franchise and has a huge fanbase.

2. Sephiroth / One Winged Angel: Sephiroth is the villain from FF7. On the internet he’s on the top of many top villain rankings. His theme song, One Winged Angel, also received a lot of praise. There is even an orchestra remix of it. My argument for this entry is also that the popular Touhou BGMs have their own entries.

3. Chocobo: The famous fictional creature from the series, first introduced in FF2.

So anyway, are these worthy of getting there own entries, or should they be combined or something?

Also don’t worry, making 3 entries at the same time isn’t the problem.

Last edited Aug 24, 2011 at 11:33AM EDT
Aug 24, 2011 at 11:30AM EDT

I agree on the first one, final fantasy is a GIANT subculture.

However, unlike Touhou Project songs, One Winged Angel has not been made into remix/music videos by fans. It’s popular, but not a meme.

And seriously? Chocobo? “You Spoony Bard” has been uttered more times online than that bird has shown up!

Last edited Aug 24, 2011 at 01:21PM EDT
Aug 24, 2011 at 01:19PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I agree on the first one, final fantasy is a GIANT subculture.

However, unlike Touhou Project songs, One Winged Angel has not been made into remix/music videos by fans. It’s popular, but not a meme.

And seriously? Chocobo? “You Spoony Bard” has been uttered more times online than that bird has shown up!

One Winged Angel has remixes, but it’s true that there are a lot less than Touhou songs.

Chocobo was requested, so I added it. Wasn’t really planning to make one for that, but I’d see how it work out here.

But I guess it would be best to just create the subculture entry and continue from there. Maybe the other two get added, maybe they don’t.

Aug 24, 2011 at 01:43PM EDT

How can we forget that epic battle between senile Tellah and androgynous Edward?

Aug 24, 2011 at 04:18PM EDT

Chocobos and One Winged Angel are staples of the culture for sure, but I don’t think they’re memes. “You spoony bard”, on the other hand…

Aug 24, 2011 at 05:08PM EDT

We have an entry for J-e-n-o-v-a remixes, by the way.
But yeah, +1 as a sub-culture.

Aug 24, 2011 at 09:13PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!