Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,608 total conversations in 3,356 threads

+ New Thread

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Last posted Sep 20, 2011 at 06:55AM EDT. Added Sep 19, 2011 at 12:21AM EDT
11 posts from 8 users

Just wanted to start compiling some media related to the new Deus Ex game. I’ve been seeing some funny videos being passed around, and it looks like the catchphrase “I never asked for this” has gained some steam. Plz add to the thread if you find some good images/video.

Last edited Sep 19, 2011 at 04:39PM EDT
Sep 19, 2011 at 12:21AM EDT

If this gets enough viral spread (More so then any other high profile video-game) then let’s make a subculture entry.

Sep 19, 2011 at 09:25AM EDT

Then i believe the entry shouldn’t be about the game as a whole gentlemen, however there seems to be some stuff other than the “I didn’t ask for this” thing…

also

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:57AM EDT

I believe there are multiple catchphrases from the game like “You’ll never find X!” to which Jensen’s reply would be “I ’ll never stop looking”.

I don’t know if it’s meme worthy but I guess I can clean up the article a bit.

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:35PM EDT

Well it appears they know about the internet.

Sep 19, 2011 at 01:53PM EDT

Was the “#chan” hat guy a hacker or something?

Sep 19, 2011 at 01:54PM EDT

I know that Deus Ex has a lot of references in-game to popular memes and subcultures. I don’t know an exact list of all the stuff and easter eggs that can be found.

The Look of Disapproval that Sweatie showed is a popular example. Another popular one is a Final Fantasy XXVII (27) poster that can be found.

Sep 19, 2011 at 04:01PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I know that Deus Ex has a lot of references in-game to popular memes and subcultures. I don’t know an exact list of all the stuff and easter eggs that can be found.

The Look of Disapproval that Sweatie showed is a popular example. Another popular one is a Final Fantasy XXVII (27) poster that can be found.

Considering Square Enix did work on it, that doesn’t surprise me.

Sep 19, 2011 at 05:05PM EDT

In case you can’t get it, Robocop.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:48PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!