Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Entries that need some serious rewriting

Last posted Oct 23, 2011 at 12:10PM EDT. Added Sep 27, 2011 at 10:11PM EDT
25 posts from 16 users

I was exploring some of the oldest confirmed memes and I found various that need some rewriting. I hope you don't take this as a bad critic to your meme confirmation system, but as a remind that these old entries need rewriting.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
Well written, but needs some organization.
Ate My Balls
Needs rewriting on the About, Origin, and also shuld show some derivatives.
Large Hadron Collider
Needs some rewriting on the way of telling things: "tiny blackholes that could destroy the Earth!!" "lulzy spinoffs, remixes, variations, and opnions" "stub -- please add lulzy images, links & video below".
Obama Snowball
Needs showing spread and derivatives.
Yatta
The entry just shows two derivatives of the original video, but no more information.
When You See it…
Needs origin and derivatives.
Rich Raven
I know it's a large meme, but the entry is almost empty.
Hello My Future Girlfriend
Needs some capitalization corrections: "(note: archive via 2atoms)" and too in the "Related articles" section.
My Pokemans, Let Me Show You Them
Shows no origin nor derivatives.
Daft Hands
It just redirects to the "One Take" article.
Cory Delaney Worthington
It looks this entry stayed in a "Researching" status since time ago
One Take
Shows an "OK Go" example but doesn't explain what is a "One Take" video.
Iraqi Shoe Toss
The Featured Episode was actually informative, but the entry needs more writing.

Last edited Sep 27, 2011 at 10:19PM EDT

I just took the "Daft Hands" entry like an hour ago. Haven't started rewriting yet.
I could take on the rest of the One Take if I had time, but I'm not so sure about it.

Okay, I went through the Submissions, and rewrote a handful of minor entries, that were created, and left for dead with a few lines of text. If anyone has any relevant info, or ideas about things that still need to be added to the entries, feel free to make any suggestions.

It's Not Lupus

Matryoshka

The Ugly Barnacle

Moonbase Alpha

There are other entries I worked on too, but I found these four to be the most relevant of the bunch.

I was recently made an entry editor with the promise that I would clean up grammar issues on entries that really need it. I'll try to find the time to look through some of the older entries next week.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I vote for complete deletion of the Deadpool.

Who else says I?

"I"

EDIT:

Nooo!!!! Wait a minute!! what about all those deadpooled stupid entries that made me laugh so much?!?!

Last edited Oct 16, 2011 at 06:05PM EDT

rapturjesus wrote:

Also SomethingAwful page is still not finished.

>rapturjesus
>making constructive comments

I don't know if to be proud or to be suspicious.

EDIT:
As I've seen these last days, rapturjesus has made some constructive comments and posts. Maybe he wants to change. I hope so.

Last edited Oct 22, 2011 at 12:43AM EDT

Efraín wrote:

>rapturjesus
>making constructive comments

I don't know if to be proud or to be suspicious.

EDIT:
As I've seen these last days, rapturjesus has made some constructive comments and posts. Maybe he wants to change. I hope so.

Last edited Oct 22, 2011 at 12:53AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!