Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Is Invader Zim Memetic?

Last posted Oct 04, 2011 at 11:39PM EDT. Added Oct 03, 2011 at 08:36PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Um…I'm new having an account, but I've followed this site for a long time, and it seems that the cartoon Invader Zim never seemed to make it on here, and the few memes that did surface were quickly deadpooled. Now, let's think for a second. The Invader Zim fandom is freaking massive, most evidence of this seen on Deviantart, where there are dozens of groups dedicated to it, and many memes seem to have surfaced from it. Gir has been submit a few times, but the character is not a meme. If Gir's going to be on here as a meme, it cannot be Gir alone. The character has dozens of quotes seen all over the internet, and his appearance makes him pretty exploitable. I see him shoved into random things all the time. And, along with that, due to the popularity of the show, the fandom's spread into the far corners of the internet, starting up memes all over. While I think it'd be a bit rash to just make a page for it, perhaps we could watch the fandom, google searches, etc to see if anything surfaces?

If you want to add the entry, Subculture it and justify it. It's obviously not as massive as MLP, but it's quite big… like Adventure Time!
I would suggest you do some research before doing it, and maybe look at some of the exapmles we've got at the Database, like Team Fortress 2, Homestuck, Pokémon, EarthBound, etc.
Oh, I almost forgot!
Welcome to the website!

I agree with SC. If you need help with editorship or research, I'd be glad to help. You have a very valid point in that it is indeed very popular… Many things about the show are both exploitable and quotable.

Also, welcome to the herd.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!