Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,401 total conversations in 3,329 threads

+ New Thread

Regular Show

Last posted Dec 19, 2011 at 05:51PM EST. Added Dec 17, 2011 at 01:34PM EST
8 posts from 8 users

It seems as though this show has been getting a cult following like “Adventure Time” has. Considering that “Adventure Time” has an entry that’s confirmed, do you think Regular show needs one too?

Dec 17, 2011 at 01:34PM EST

As awesome as Regular Show is (and believe me, it’s awesome), how many memes has it actually spawned?

I mean, I guess Muscle Man’s “MY MOM!” is sort of memetic, but not really.

But it is a very popular show, so you go ahead and make an entry if you want.

Also, I really like the “cram as much shit as we can get in here while still passing the censors” premise that show uses so liberally. (And it does a pretty damn good job at it.)

Last edited Dec 17, 2011 at 02:28PM EST
Dec 17, 2011 at 02:21PM EST

I do think it could have its own entry like adventure time i’ve seen alot of video’s and some YTPMVS

Last edited Dec 17, 2011 at 02:23PM EST
Dec 17, 2011 at 02:22PM EST

I’m with Fry on this one. No memes have come from it yet, and with KYM’s definition of a memetic subculture, it has to have them.

Dec 17, 2011 at 03:20PM EST

Although we do document memes, we’ve more switched to a general internet information site, as of late.

If you think the show and its subculture has a large presence on the internet, submit an entry for it.,

The worst that can happen is a few idiots go ‘hurr deadpool this’.

Dec 17, 2011 at 04:19PM EST

I’m against having a page for it. As of late the Subculture seems to have gone from “Soemthign with huge internet presence and following with significant memes and popularity” to “Popular thing”. I think people are losing sight of what this site and the Subculture tag are for.

Yeah we have a Adventure Time page. But that was a viral success first, and it’s presence online is significantly higher than Regular Shows. Regular Show is popular, but enough for a page? I would definitely say no.

Dec 17, 2011 at 04:31PM EST

Really its spawned memes like the Hummus Rap and Hamboning. Also I sometime see this meme around.

Dec 18, 2011 at 01:12AM EST

i do like the regular show its the only kids show in this day an age i find funny other than sponge bob ect

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:51PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!