Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

[FOCUS] Pokemon-related Memes

Last posted Mar 03, 2012 at 11:48PM EST. Added Feb 28, 2012 at 01:34PM EST
8 posts from 6 users

So some of you might have noticed bold red links in frontpage descriptions (ex: cinema memes, pokemon week). This indicates the topic that staff researchers will concentrate on for the week (and now along with this forum post which will be posted every week).

In marking the anniversary of Pokemon Red & Blue release, we're focusing on improving our Pokemon-related meme entries & ones that are missing in the database. If anyone wants to shed a light on an entry that needs lots of work or help with research, feel free to share in this thread. I'll start:

Pokeparents entry needs more info and I could use all the help i can get!

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pokeparents

Last edited Feb 28, 2012 at 01:36PM EST

OK, that's awesome!

Moving on, I have a doubt about a pokémon creepypasta: I don't know if create an entry about it. It's a creepypasta called Hell Bell and explains the history of a girl who gets an shiny Bronzong, and it steals her soul. There are some fan arts of this and the search insights are quite high. What do you think about?

Last edited Feb 28, 2012 at 02:16PM EST

Adam DeLand wrote:

I created this entry because Bulbapedia said it was a meme. However, not much progress has been made on it.

It's more of an in-joke. The joke is about how ridiculous anime battles are and how much hax Ash uses. Normally, Electric attacks wouldn't affect a Rhydon, but by "aiming for the horn" it somehow does.

EDIT: Wow, I just saw I commented on that entry a year ago. I've completely changed my opinion from that, it is a meme, just not a very big one.

Last edited Feb 28, 2012 at 06:32PM EST

Adam DeLand wrote:

I created this entry because Bulbapedia said it was a meme. However, not much progress has been made on it.

I saw this a lot, specially in pokémon forums. But it needs work, this is true.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!