Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,201 total conversations in 3,443 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Youtube People Entries

Last posted Jan 21, 2014 at 03:12AM EST. Added Mar 09, 2012 at 03:31PM EST
61 posts from 44 users

So, a month ago in this thread Don told us that Youtube celebrities are all great for an entry…..which gave me an idea.
There are countless notable Youtubers, from cyriak to MysteryGuitarMan to UberHaxorNova. I can’t possibly name all of them, so I need a lot of help to encompass all of these Youtube celebs.

I already created a few entries for Youtubers already, and found a few old ones and pulled them out the deadpool, but I still need a lot of help. I can’t research all the entries at once, so if you would like to help, just request editorialship in these entries, or create a new entry if you can’t find an already existing entry. Please note that this isn’t an opportunity to advertise your favorite Youtuber.

You can see some of the entries here.

Last edited Mar 09, 2012 at 03:33PM EST
Mar 09, 2012 at 03:31PM EST

what about an entry for mrweebl ?

Last edited Mar 09, 2012 at 04:52PM EST
Mar 09, 2012 at 04:43PM EST

maybe the mega 64 series? they have 81 million views and average 37k views a day

edit: wtf we don’t have an an entry for weebl’s stuff? mind=blown. +1 weebl, but his stuff predates youtube

Last edited Mar 09, 2012 at 05:03PM EST
Mar 09, 2012 at 04:57PM EST

+1 for Mega64. They’ve had a huge presence online. They even got an appearance at MineCon!

Mar 09, 2012 at 06:43PM EST

Well, if you think they are worthy just make an entry for them. Be sure to add the tag “youtube celebrity” so it would be easier to find.

Mar 09, 2012 at 11:11PM EST

coppercab could probably use his own people entry too now esp. with all of the new videos he’s been uploading

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:27AM EDT

What about TheFineBros? They seem to release a lot of popular videos (Interactive videos, Kids/Teens react)

Mar 14, 2012 at 03:21PM EDT

this one could use some work: keenan cahill

hot topic sold his shirts for awhile when i was there. and by sold i mean i had to fold the entire stack every day bc no one bought them

OH AND!!!

How about YouTube tropes as well?
unboxing could use work and haul videos could use an entry too

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 01:36PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 01:32PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

What about TheFineBros? They seem to release a lot of popular videos (Interactive videos, Kids/Teens react)

Yup. They are really popular
TheFineBros

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:50PM EDT

Chuggaaconroy maybe? there’s already a page for him on here, and he made the whole Steve the red pikmin thing, but i dunno if he’s actually famous enough

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:52PM EDT

I suggest we include the game commentator TheWaffleGalaxy. I can think of several nominees for meme status from his channel (for example, “buhroken neck” from his Happy Wheels series).

Mar 16, 2012 at 02:35PM EDT

Well, the Shadow is Israphel series by the Yogscast is extremely popular, and created Minecraft-themed semi-memes, like “I am a X and I’m Ying a Z, Y-y, Y-y Z, I’m Y-ing a Z!”, “That’sssssss a very nice X you have there……. it would be a shame if ssomething were to happen to it……”, “I’M THIRTY-TWO YEARS OLD, and lots of other stuff.

You can find them over at the bluexephos channel.

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 05:16PM EDT

Egoraptor needs one.
ZackScott maybe?
HuskyStarcraft has one, but it needs to be revamped, probably redone.

Mar 16, 2012 at 06:14PM EDT

I’ll help. Probably write some this weekend if I get the time.

Here’s some ideas I’ll work on:
-5secondfilms
-edbassmaster
-BadLipReading
-Coestar
-djsteveporter
-Thefoodreviewer

Let me know if you think one doesn’t belong.

Mar 16, 2012 at 06:19PM EDT

Great job on the thread J – this is exactly what we needed.

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:14AM EDT

How about SSohPKC. He has had a fairly large presence with deeply loyal fans and a horde of trolls who fail to understand his humor. His popularity predates that of Nova or the other creatures group. (to my knowledge)

Last edited Mar 17, 2012 at 12:57AM EDT
Mar 17, 2012 at 12:57AM EDT

Okay, if anyone is still reading this, please make an entry for the ones you believe you have most info on. Naming them is great, but why they should have an entry is equally important. And if you have questions regarding how to write an entry, this thread will be your guide. Be sure to add the tag “youtube celebrity” for it to show up in here and for it to be easier to recognize. All the moderators and admins are happy to help if you have questions.

Mar 17, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT

Charmalandosaur wrote:

Chuggaaconroy maybe? there’s already a page for him on here, and he made the whole Steve the red pikmin thing, but i dunno if he’s actually famous enough

Well, there’s:
Steve (Duh)
Do’h I missed

That’s all.

He is a popular YouTuber, (possibly my favorite) but he doesn’t really need an entry.

Mar 20, 2012 at 01:08AM EDT

Cyber6x wrote:

+1 for Mega64. They’ve had a huge presence online. They even got an appearance at MineCon!

They’ve been around for a long time, and are even doing TV stuff now!

Mar 23, 2012 at 08:14AM EDT

I have an entry for Tobuscus that I made when I first joined. If anyone wants to help me with that, I would appreciate it.

Mar 23, 2012 at 09:57AM EDT

Charlieissocoollike
He gave the Whovian crowd Trock

And of course there are the Vlogbrothers.

Mar 25, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT

What about Venusangelic? Lots of views, plus she’s gotten attention in mainstream articles lately. Also Jenna Marbles, she gets millions of views pretty much every time she posts a new video. I’m not sure she qualifies, but… Anyway, I second Sassy Gay Friend. Pretty much every other English major I know knows about him, even those who aren’t into internet culture.

Apr 08, 2012 at 08:45PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

How about Tomska? he needs an entry

He’s already covered in the asdfmovie entry, which is also his most popular series. A seperate one for him as well would be kinda redundant.

May 11, 2012 at 09:14AM EDT

I think it depends on the youtuber, for instance I don’t think UberHaxorNova would be considered a meme because he just does game videos (but that’s just my opinion)

Jun 09, 2012 at 12:58AM EDT

Le Bumpkin wrote:

I like how nobody has said Pewdiepie yet. claps

Because the entry for him was already created. Which is right here.

Aug 27, 2012 at 07:59PM EDT

Does anybody think that KevJumba should have a KYM entry? If there is one, I didn’t notice it.

Sep 04, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT

hello my name is miss binta i am a single girl never married.
i saw your profile today at
(knowyourmeme.com) i like what i read about you in your profile, i like to be your friend and i will like to know more about you, i believe in reality of love, please contact me back with my email so that i can send my photos to you and tell you more about myself, my email (bintababiker@yahoo.in) for us to know more about each other, i wait for your mail thanks binta

Oct 22, 2012 at 07:01AM EDT

Usually people like meekakitty, or gardea23 don’t need an entry as they are just vloggers in my opinion.

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:53PM EST

Yo! You must login or signup first!