Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

/b/ionicles or something like that..

Last posted Mar 24, 2012 at 07:09AM EDT. Added Mar 13, 2012 at 06:52AM EDT
18 posts from 7 users

In the last time, while lurking on /b/, i see more and more Bionicle posts.

Here some examples:

For me, this shit is forced as fuck. I think this should be some kind of counter to Ponies, but it is seriously only used by the same persons.

Or is it somewhere else more popular? idk

Last edited Mar 13, 2012 at 06:54AM EDT

BIONICLE was a popular toy series by the LEGO Group, started at the end of 2000, and the series stopped in 2012, when it was replaced by Hero Factory (Hero Factory toys had a similar structure, but were much simpler, and aimed at a younger audience than BIONICLE)

Since the announcement that BIONICLE would end, there have been lots of petitions online to bring it back, but so far none have been succesfull.

In my opinion, BIONICLE was a great series, allowing you to make awesome action figures, ranging from simple stock-like stuff, like this:
to awesome custom MOCs (MOC stands for My Own Creation), like this:

Just sayin', it would be really epic if this were to turn into a meme, since I've been building with BIONICLEs since they were released ("I made BIONICLEs before they were cool"), and because (if I say so myself), I'm quite pro at building them.

You can create an entry for Bionicle, put it as a subculture, and tell the impact on the internet of this wonderfull series. Then, you can have a potential entry

Also, you can put the controversy of the end of Bionicle.

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 09:14AM EDT

Z. wrote:

You can create an entry for Bionicle, put it as a subculture, and tell the impact on the internet of this wonderfull series. Then, you can have a potential entry

Also, you can put the controversy of the end of Bionicle.

Just a little question: how widespread does something have to be before it's considered a meme?

-

Fun fact: BIONICLE meme stuff is harder to find than other memes, because if you search 'BIONCILE meme' on Google, you get a lot of Questionnaires, since a 'BIONICLE meme', was concidered something like this amongst the fans:
Last edited Mar 18, 2012 at 04:03PM EDT

MisterMustache wrote:

I don't really know how wide the spread is, as i said i saw it sometimes on /b/. Make a Thread about Bionicle on /b/ (and /toy/ maybe?) and lets see.

Someone else will have to do that, I'm not on /b/. Safety reasons.

-

I did find this gallery, which (in the more recent parts) contains some BIONICLE meme-like things, but I'm not yet sure about the spread of those images.

Bad Wolf wrote:

Someone else will have to do that, I'm not on /b/. Safety reasons.

-

I did find this gallery, which (in the more recent parts) contains some BIONICLE meme-like things, but I'm not yet sure about the spread of those images.

Hm k. Then i will do it, but later.

OH GOD I REMEMBER SEEING THIS ON /b/!
the macro read- "Fuck the /b/ronys, Were the /b/ronicles" or something like that.
this has all of my fucks already given.
this brings back so many memories.

cries

Patina wrote:

OH GOD I REMEMBER SEEING THIS ON /b/!
the macro read- "Fuck the /b/ronys, Were the /b/ronicles" or something like that.
this has all of my fucks already given.
this brings back so many memories.

cries

Yeah, i know that feel. Nostalgia hits so hard, i remember playing with my childhood friend with our Bionicles.

Well, I started work on the BIONICLE entry.
Just sayin', Vakama seems to be the most popular BIONICLE image macro right now ^^

Last edited Mar 19, 2012 at 01:11PM EDT

Okay, so the Entry got Deadpooled.
Basically, it was "Too much description, not enough interwebz.", and "As it stands, the entry is generally well-written, and without a doubt Bionicle is (or rather was) a widespread subculture, but the entry provides little to no evidence for the connection of this subculture to online culture as a whole.".

Can someone go to 4Chan and bring some evidence of the BIONICLE threads? I prefer to stay as far away from that place as possible. Ya know…….. reasons………….

Bad Wolf wrote:

Okay, so the Entry got Deadpooled.
Basically, it was "Too much description, not enough interwebz.", and "As it stands, the entry is generally well-written, and without a doubt Bionicle is (or rather was) a widespread subculture, but the entry provides little to no evidence for the connection of this subculture to online culture as a whole.".

Can someone go to 4Chan and bring some evidence of the BIONICLE threads? I prefer to stay as far away from that place as possible. Ya know…….. reasons………….

I was trying to find something out, not much. I'll try today again, and go see if on /toy/ is something better. It is present, but rare. It comes up Randomly, not like Pony threads. I was a few tumblr blogs, it is presend and i understand why it is deadpooled. It is not that popular like, lets say, Super Mario or something like that.

I say it's ok if it is deadpooled, if it spreads better it can be in subsmission again.

MisterMustache wrote:

Okay finally i found it

This is a small proof that IT exists, it is like a "Pony Bash". But, it is still small. If it spreads the deadpool can be removed i think.

best Bionicle season.
Those guys were badass.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!