Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,861 total conversations in 3,394 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky Featured Featured
Project Reconfirmation

Last posted Apr 22, 2014 at 01:14AM EDT. Added Apr 11, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT
77 posts from 24 users

Kris:

To be frank, most of those entries look at least acceptable by today’s standards, except Chocolate. I’ll go ahead and add you to that. Remember to check out the KYMDB Style Guide, as this is your first time editing.

About your suggestions for the front page, I highly doubt that that will be implemented. The front page queue is generally reserved for entries currently being researched, trending media, and once in a while some site-related stuff. There isn’t really room for old entries.

VanManner:

Thanks for the work, you did a great job. I just fixed one or two formatting issues and some typos.

Dec 12, 2012 at 02:29AM EST

Hm… If I could say that there’s one thing that I think can be considered memetic that’s been rejected, I would go with “HIDEBU!!!” Thing is, it’s mostly a Japan-centric Meme, so many entries would be marked in Kanji (which, if I’m using the right characters, would roughly translate to “ひでぶ!!!”) or other Japanese forms of text. It’s a small meme, but like “I Drink Your Milkshake!” has had enough presence on the internet to count.

By the way, is there a version of this thread for pages that should be deadpooled? I’ve seen a couple of articles that have been researched and evalutated that sit on the shelves for months. “Street Fighter Select Character: Obama” is one that needs to be deadpooled, as it has only a single-paragraph description, one video, and a pair of images.

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:02PM EST

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

Hm… If I could say that there’s one thing that I think can be considered memetic that’s been rejected, I would go with “HIDEBU!!!” Thing is, it’s mostly a Japan-centric Meme, so many entries would be marked in Kanji (which, if I’m using the right characters, would roughly translate to “ひでぶ!!!”) or other Japanese forms of text. It’s a small meme, but like “I Drink Your Milkshake!” has had enough presence on the internet to count.

By the way, is there a version of this thread for pages that should be deadpooled? I’ve seen a couple of articles that have been researched and evalutated that sit on the shelves for months. “Street Fighter Select Character: Obama” is one that needs to be deadpooled, as it has only a single-paragraph description, one video, and a pair of images.

This thread is about entries that have been confirmed before our standards changed, and need to be improved.
Not about entries that are memetic, but have been deadpooled.

Jan 03, 2013 at 05:36PM EST

MDFification wrote:

This thread is about entries that have been confirmed before our standards changed, and need to be improved.

Oh. I got the latter impression from the first post. But thank you for clearing that up.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:03PM EST

Since we received a suggestion from Gaben, I fixed broken videos and old layouts. But I couldn’t give a better description to About section. Gentlemen, please write a good summary of that entry.

Last edited Jan 20, 2013 at 04:13PM EST
Jan 20, 2013 at 04:12PM EST

MDFification wrote:

If you say so, how about this, this or this?

Feb 16, 2013 at 06:59PM EST

The Gendo Pose

As the parent entry was launched, I gave an recent format to this old confirmed entry. Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do.

Please someone give more better description to this entry.

May 11, 2013 at 03:30PM EDT

I fixed up the notable examples for PTSD Clarinet Boy, as well as adding the external references. But in terms of it’s spread, I couldn’t do much. I might add some things to it later, but I’ll like for someone to come and help out.

May 12, 2013 at 10:33PM EDT

Nyoro~n

I’ve done rewriting the article from the scratch. So, I set it back to submission.

Need others check before re-confirmation.

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:08PM EDT

Can someone help me do a rewrite of the Sonichu entry? It hasn’t been confirmed, despite my efforts…

Mar 02, 2014 at 07:55PM EST

Part 1 (I’ll carry on posting more tomorrow, going through every confirmed entry take time, This is from the first ten pages alone!). All of these entries require different amounts of work, some just need reformatting and some added references, while some require a complete overhaul. If you disagree with anything I’ve listed, mention it, and I’ll tell you why I listed it. Same goes for anything you want advice on.

Fail
Crank That Soulja Boy
Leave Britney Alone
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Chocolate Rain
Iraqi Shoe Toss
Advice Dog
One Take
Bitches Don’t Know
Boom Goes The Dynamite
2 Girls 1 Cup
Magibon
Fall of Edgar
Charlie The Unicorn
Lip Dub
tinaecmusic
09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0
Rage Guy
Don’t Tase Me Bro
Interior Crocodile Alligator
Raptor Jesus
Afro Ninja
Leekspin
Ate My Balls
Yatta
Shoop Da Whoop
Gentlemen
Desu
When You See It
In Soviet Russia
I’m An Anteater
Pants Status
Diabeetus
Obama Snowball
Bert is Evil
Barack Obama is your new Bicycle
Feels Good Man
Single Serving Site
Sandwich Chef
Nintendo 64 Kids
Series of Tubes
Christian Bale Rant
It’s A Trap
My Pokemans Let me Show You Them
Little Fatty
LOLJesus
I Kiss You
Brian Peppers
Exploitables
Cockmongler
Mosh Girl
Ha Ha Guy
Vince Shlomi
What What In The Butt
Stop Calling Me A Homo
Colin’s Bear Animation
Take Anything You Want
Happy Negro
Bus Uncle
Robocop on a Unicorn
Za Warudo
Newfags Can’t Triforce
Creepy Katara
??? Profit
Falcon Punch
Conan is
VTEC Just Kicked In, Yo
Chuck Norris Facts
CopyPasta
¿Por qué no te callas?
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
404 Girl
Picture Unrelated
How Is Babby Formed
Lilshowstoppa
Crazy Frog Brothers
Nafiza Soulja Girl Zayid

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 06:40PM EST
Mar 05, 2014 at 06:33PM EST
Mar 08, 2014 at 07:58PM EST
Last edited Mar 09, 2014 at 10:36AM EDT
Mar 09, 2014 at 10:34AM EDT
Mar 09, 2014 at 03:28PM EDT
Mar 11, 2014 at 07:28PM EDT

I don’t know whether here is the right place to inform this, I rewrote Konbini entry from the scratch to mention it in Nijiura Seven article. I can’t believe why staffs confirmed such a terrible entry…

I think we need to review this again, so sent it back to the submission.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:11AM EDT

1983parrothead wrote:

Any other Japanese memes needing a reconfirmation?

I’m still going through all the entries, but this kind of task requires a lot of motivation, which I’ve lacked as of late due to reasons. I’ll continue them soon, I know there are still Japanese memes that need to be added to the list.

Mar 31, 2014 at 03:19PM EDT

Since my work on Video Games has been halted, I’d be willing to work on Lurk Moar if I could get editorship. For some reason it has two Google Trends graphs in it. lol.

Last edited Apr 19, 2014 at 08:20PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014 at 08:20PM EDT

I’ll be sure to finish this list off eventually. I was going to finish it off today, but, err… let’s just say stuff happened and I’m no longer in the mood for it. It’s too bad I don’t have forum powers to get rid of the completed entries, but oh well.

Apr 19, 2014 at 09:01PM EDT

Two hours later and threadjacking is done. That makes like at least 4 down in the past two days. I almost feel like we need a “This thread is now X.” / “This is now an X thread.” article, but I’ll get opinions on that in another thread. Also, I’ll work on Kill Yourself later this week probably.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:13AM EDT

Hey! You must login or signup first!