Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,809 total conversations in 4,530 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky Featured Featured
Project Reconfirmation

Last posted May 20, 2018 at 07:17PM EDT. Added Apr 11, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT
98 posts from 34 users

Confirmed: the elusive tag that every meme entry wishes it could have.

It has been brought to my attention (by randomman) that many of our entries that DO have this sought-after title are sad and empty and need to be brought up to current editorial standards. This is where you come in….

PROJECT RECONFIRMATION

Let's give these entries the love and attention they need and deserve. All of these entries could really use some research. Over the next couple of (weeks, months, long periods of time), please request editorship of these entries and post about your progress in here. Also I am here to help guide you along the way.

props to RandomMan for helping compile this list. It's not complete, but is a great place to start. They are ordered from most challenging (Lolrus) to easiest (whatever the last one is)

More links will be posted over the next few days/weeks. If you find anything, feel free to post them. Let others know what you're working on, keep everyone updated and tell us what you're having trouble with.

I just believe these entries deserve better than what they currently have.

Few things though:

• Do not use this thread to request confirms. That one is over here.
  • Don't request editorship if you probably won't be able to help, actually contribute.

We'll of course help as well. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here.

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 08:19PM EST

chuck norris facts too

man i love finding new information for old entries!! best feeling.

no idea on the lolcats though, that's strange…..i think this calls for a good think puddle…….

i have had entirely too much sugar/caffeine already and it's not even 1pm.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 03:56PM EDT

Lolrus = done (can't do origin, origins lost in time). Can a mod add me to Bitches don't know please? P.S. i think it's because most lolcat images aren't very easy to document (particulally origin) because of how most originate from i can has cheezburger, which because of the amount of the popularity of lolcats there, the originals get lost with a load of copies so all you can really document is the usage.

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT

Yatta and bitches dont know complete. Neither are as good as i hoped but still an improvment on the original article (Yatta in particular). Can a mod add me to it's goofy time please? Also, you can add me to Geddan if you can explain exactly what needs doing to it.

What is love is complete. If you have any suggestion, don't hesitate to suggest it or request editorship.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 09:15AM EDT

Ok, I think 404 girl is finished. If you have any suggestion, don’t hesitate to suggest it or request editorship.

I see that Poker Face and Pokeparents also need a rewrite. Can any mod add me as editor?

Last edited May 05, 2012 at 05:16AM EDT

I haven't done this in a while, so now i've re-written all my entries that need editing i'll take Chuck Norris Facts. Don't add me to these, but NO U and Dick In A Box could use a re-write.

Not an already confirmed entry, but one that really deserves it imo: Butthurt.

The entry was nothing more than an about section with some copypasta directly taken from Urban Dictionary. Gave it a quick fix. Still lacks some work, but it's looking pretty good already. Also tripled the image gallery while at it.

Epic Sax Guy wasn't in a terrible state, but it really needed some clean-up (kinda disappointed with all those mods as editors). Got that done now. Still lacks some things to make it perfect, but currently not really in a mood to do that. At least it's presentable now.

Last edited Jun 11, 2012 at 11:28AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Not an already confirmed entry, but one that really deserves it imo: Butthurt.

The entry was nothing more than an about section with some copypasta directly taken from Urban Dictionary. Gave it a quick fix. Still lacks some work, but it's looking pretty good already. Also tripled the image gallery while at it.

An old confirmed entry. I've already changed links in the article to "external references" style and fixed its layout. Please review this and join into this article if you know info that should be added.

Toei Spider-Man / Spy Darma

Now I'm rewriting because there are many wrong descriptions based on misunderstood.
I can't believe it was confirmed by this quality.

These points need to be changed:

• The nickname "Spy-dama" wasn't given by old Tokusatsu fans in 1970s, but by NND users in 2007.
  • Above all, almost all Japanese people didn't/couldn't know Toei Spiderman. Toei Spiderman hasn't been re-aired in Japan and all of pictures except for Leopardon, the only product by Japanese staffs, had never been reused in any publications because of the contract with Marvell prohibits to reuse any materials after it ends.
  • Most of Japanese people didn't watch 60's spiderman or original comics. They never knew the difference between Toei Spiderman and the original series.
  • As to its online fame after 2007, the trigger is many misheard phrases coming from actors too-energetic acting and Spiderman's dramatic comments when he faces to enemies.

etc…

Last edited Jul 19, 2012 at 12:35PM EDT

EPIC KRIS POWERBUMP GO!

I personally think that we should revive this idea. I did a quick search through the oldest Confirmed entries and almost all of the ones that weren’t updated are in serious need of help. I’ll be back later with a few more entries after I’ve found enough information on them to be able to contribute anything of value to them, but here are some editorships I'd like for now.

Fall of Edgar
Iraqi Shoe Toss
X Raves
Cat on a Keyboard in Space
Chocolate!
Lip Dub
Safety Not Guaranteed

Those are all the entries I'm sure I can help out with for now. If/when I find more information on some of the older entries, I'll be back here. For now, please add me to all of the entries I listed above.

Also, I have a suggestion: why not showcase the older entries that need work on the front page so that they foster attention and hopefully get some research and work done on them? There’s something for the admins…

Hello! You must login or signup first!