Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Bob Chipman, a.k.a. "Moviebob" and "The Game Overthinker"

Last posted Jul 08, 2012 at 02:28PM EDT. Added Jul 07, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT
4 posts from 2 users

I notice we have an article for Ben Croshaw, a.k.a. "Yahtzee", but I just searched "Bob Chipman", "Moviebob" and "Game Overthinker"; and the only results I got were a couple of forum posts and one (no, really, just one) pony gif.

If we have an article for Ben, why don't we have one for Bob Chipman?

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT

I hope you weren't mad at the fact the thread hasn't gathered any answer for the past 12 hours after your last message.
Anyway, the reasoning behind the creation of an article shouldn't work the way you introduced it.
Even if it can help finding new potential entries by saying "Hey, we've got an entry for X so why not having one for Y?!", KYM tries to do his best cataloging things that are relevant to internet culture (although, sometimes, they are not directly born on the internet to begin with).

When it comes to "person" and "people", do you think "a couple of thread and one single image" is enough to warrant an entry? Does that guy have a large fanbase? Has he done things considered relevant to the internet world in a way?

If you can answer "yes" to these questions and back it up with evidence, then go for it.

Tomberry wrote:

I hope you weren't mad at the fact the thread hasn't gathered any answer for the past 12 hours after your last message.
Anyway, the reasoning behind the creation of an article shouldn't work the way you introduced it.
Even if it can help finding new potential entries by saying "Hey, we've got an entry for X so why not having one for Y?!", KYM tries to do his best cataloging things that are relevant to internet culture (although, sometimes, they are not directly born on the internet to begin with).

When it comes to "person" and "people", do you think "a couple of thread and one single image" is enough to warrant an entry? Does that guy have a large fanbase? Has he done things considered relevant to the internet world in a way?

If you can answer "yes" to these questions and back it up with evidence, then go for it.

That's all I found within KYM, though, not what I've found elsewhere.

The man runs two of his own blogs (or at least used to), and he also publishes some work on The Escapist, much like Ben does.

Hell, Bob used to post his videos to Youtube, before getting picked up by ScrewAttack.

I think Bob has some relevance. I did post links to both of his own blogs in my OP, in case you were wondering.

EDIT: Guess I should have made that more clear…

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 02:34PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!