Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,670 total conversations in 3,366 threads

+ New Thread

Ponification, Pokefication, Kirbyfication.... and so on.

Last posted Aug 19, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2012 at 08:48AM EDT
19 posts from 11 users

Hello everyone :)

First of all, english is not my motherlanguage, so please don’t play the grammar nazi, if I make any mistakes ;)

I added the so called “Pokefication” Meme to the Database yesterday and while searching for pics to to be added to the gallery, I spotted some other “Fication”.

Sailorfication – Draw someone or something as a Sailor Senshi from the Series “Sailor Moon” by Naoko Takeuchii (I most likely spelled the name wrong …)

Kirbyfication – Draw someone or something as a Kirby from Nintendo.

Now I think, that it would be the best to make a main topic called “Fication” (stupid name, I know… I’m open to better name sugestions) and add the other popular Fication Memes as Subentries.
It would also be possible, to make just one entry for all the Fications, but that would most likely lead to chaos.

So…. what do you guys think?
And please don’t post any “omg, not ponies again” stuff, I try to GATHER existing memes here, not to make them.

Yours sincerly
Tari ~ <3

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:48AM EDT

PS:
Or the other Fication memes get just to be related to each other.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:50AM EDT

I have actually seen a lot of Kirbyfication, and I think it has enough spread to warrent an entry.

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:15PM EDT

I think so, too :)

I actally started a new group on DeviantArt to gather as much of this “Fication” art as possible there. So if anybody want’s to help me there: http://fication.deviantart.com/

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:44AM EDT

All of them gives me this weird feeling on my spine.
I don’t like it.

Aug 13, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

As for your idea to do a general entry for this all, I think it might be a bit too broad. I currently can’t think of a way to make that entry go fluently. But if you or anyone can think of a way, I don’t see why not.

But a better solution might be to put them in each others similar entries list. Let users know we have other entries about character transformations while keeping that entry on just that topic. But not just the “fication” entries you mean, character transformation entries in general.

The entries I came up with so far are:

I’ll go ahead and do it with those entries for now. If there’s anything missing, notify me or just post it here and I or another mod will read it eventually.

Last edited Aug 13, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Aug 13, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT

Kirbyification definitely deserves some kind of note on KYM, evidence? /b/ and /co/. Enough said.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:00AM EDT

Kirbyification seems more like a “What if Kirby absorbed this character?” sort of deal. Though you could use the term “Kirbyification”, you should probably also add a “/Kirby Hat” to the end of it.

Aug 14, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT

Olivia Gulin wrote:

How do these relate or differ from alternate universe art?

Maybe they have more samples than other ones?

Aug 15, 2012 at 04:00AM EDT

Finally, some people are answering :) I actually gave up hope by now.

Anyway… as I allready said in my last post, I started a group especially for researching “Fication” art on DeviantArt.

http://fication.deviantart.com/

So, if you are looking for evidence pics, just go there.
So, if anyone wants to submit the missing memes here on KYM, please go on, I will keep researching :)

@ Olivia Gulin:
I’m not quite shure… technically it’s the sam, isn’t it??? I don’t know.

@ RandomMan:
I think so, too. And thank you of course :)

Aug 15, 2012 at 06:51AM EDT

Random21 wrote:

I have actually seen a lot of Kirbyfication, and I think it has enough spread to warrent an entry.

i second that.

if ponification got an entry, im pretty sure the Kirby-fication that is way older and more recognizble deserves an entry as well

Aug 19, 2012 at 02:15PM EDT

If you don’t mind, I’m going to go ahead and make a Kirbyfication entry. And on an unrelated note, I thank you for helping me to find a new avatar.

Aug 19, 2012 at 06:43PM EDT

Random21 wrote:

If you don’t mind, I’m going to go ahead and make a Kirbyfication entry. And on an unrelated note, I thank you for helping me to find a new avatar.

I would go with a different title though. Don’t know if “Kirbyfication” is really popular, but knowing Kirby, something like “Kirby Forms” makes more sense.

Aug 19, 2012 at 06:50PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I would go with a different title though. Don’t know if “Kirbyfication” is really popular, but knowing Kirby, something like “Kirby Forms” makes more sense.

Actually, Kirbyfication is a popular term when describing it, so it would be best to put it as that.

Last edited Aug 19, 2012 at 06:54PM EDT
Aug 19, 2012 at 06:53PM EDT

Random21 wrote:

Actually, Kirbyfication is a popular term when describing it, so it would be best to put it as that.

Alright then, I’ll trust you on this. Perhaps a double title “Kirbyfication / Kirby Forms”, but I’ll let you make that decission.

Aug 19, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

Random21 wrote:

Here’s the entry

Should add “/Kirby Hats” to the title, I think.

After all, didn’t this sort of originate in Super Smash Brothers? I know Melee had a whole series of “Trophies” dedicated to it, all called “Kirby Hat #X”.

Aug 19, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!