Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,818 total conversations in 3,391 threads

+ New Thread

Catgroove needs to be revived

Last posted Sep 12, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT. Added Sep 11, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

Remember this fun little nibble?
On a whim I tweaked it a bit just now, nothing really of note, just added a sentence to the About section and added one more GIF Sound to the references.

There’s a bit of a problem with this one though. It’s definitely got adequate spread to be considered one of the lesser-known memes, and could easily be confirmed either now or with a bit more info on its Spread. But, it’s being significantly held back due to an unfortunate circumstance that has left it in eternal Submission limbo.

When the article first started out, it was called TwilightSparkle.mp4, and was written by a Brand New Member who apparently has not logged in since creating it. The poor writing, poor formatting, lack of information, lack of references, lack of examples, incorrect origin, and authorship by a BNM led it to be instantly judged as deadpool material, along with being frowned upon as yet-another-unnecessary-pony-article. The initial comments reflected this, and a couple of them were quickly thumbed up and became Top Comments.

With some help from RandomMan, Teh Brawler, and Brad, I gave the article a full revamp and turned it into what it looks like now. The problem though was it had already been tossed aside as junk by most of KYM’s userbase. To top it off, anyone who rediscovers the article will still see the same two Top Comments ridiculing it (and thus further hindering its already fruitless attempt at being revived).

I refuse to let this article stay in Submission limbo for the next several years. Something needs to be done to draw fresh attention to it.
First, the two Top Comments ridiculing the old version of the article need to be either knocked off of the Top Comment section or deleted entirely.
Then, the article needs to be put on the Trending bar. Apparently since I have editorship on it I can’t even bump it into the Also Trending bar by commenting on it, so it would have to either be bumped by someone else (in order to be successful it would have to be in Also Trending for a significant amount of time), or go onto the regular Trending bar.
Then, the article needs to either have more info added to it, or considered for confirmation as it is now.

Is this doable?

Sep 11, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT

First, the two Top Comments ridiculing the old version of the article need to be either knocked off of the Top Comment section or deleted entirely.

Those comments are valid, given how the entry was. If those users would re-visit the article, they would find it much better. Just because someone comments doesn’t mean that their opinion is set in stone. There is no need for them to be deleted, and the only way to bump them out of the top comment spots is to get two more highly-upvoted comments.

Then, the article needs to be put on the Trending bar.

The trending bar is reserved for memes with a lot of recent comments on them. You can’t really force something into the trending bar, unless you’re totally shameless about it.

Sep 11, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT

Alright, that’s fair I suppose…

But still, the article doesn’t deserve to be locked in Submission limbo. Surely there must be a way to get it out of there.

Sep 11, 2012 at 04:15PM EDT

There’s not much to be done about that, actually. It’s entirely up to the staff to decide what gets confirmed and what doesn’t.

Sep 11, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT

That’s not what I mean. I’m fine with it being a Submission for now, but the problem is the article has been completely untouched for months. No examples added, no comments made, nothing; and the fact that the two Top Comments were made on an earlier version of the article is a testament to this.
Basically it just needs some attention.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:15AM EDT

Well, you see.
Also in 2009, 2010, the KYM entries didn’t get much attention…. because maybe KYM is infamous.

Sep 12, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!