Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

What's this meme called? Four-panel comic with...

Last posted Sep 15, 2012 at 10:43AM EDT. Added Sep 11, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
13 posts from 9 users

It's a four-panel comic. Here's basically how it's structured:
First panel: Guy says something, often boastful, with friend listening
Second panel: Friend retorts somehow
Third panel: Guy realizes friend is right
Fourth panel: Guy is sitting down at desk with head in hands and wearing an expression of unpleasant surprise; the background is dark

How else can I describe it… The guy is white – not Caucasian, but literally white, your typical cartoon guy. He typically has no hair, ears, or nose. In different variations on it, though, he's often given other features to resemble someone. Y'know, he kind of looks like an older version of Fsjal. I dunno. I can't describe the meme any better than that.

I can't find any examples of it, but trust me, it's a real meme, notable enough not to be deadpooled. I'd be really surprised if this site didn't already have an entry for it; I just don't know what it's called.

This is the closest that I can think of:

I don't think we have an entry for that, though. If that isn't it, look through this list, you might find it there. If it isn't there, and you're still desparate, look through here. That last link is a search of "rage face" on the site and includes deadpooled memes. Good luck!

Okay, well, that isn't it. I've looked through maybe the first four pages of that list before getting bored. Maybe I'll just try to find an image of it online. It's frustrating, though, because there's no defining text that's used in every instance and that I can search for.

I believe he meant this one Opspe:

And sorry, I don't know what it's called. I'm not even certain if it has received a name already.

Last edited Sep 12, 2012 at 09:18AM EDT

gi97ol wrote:

:O

I've seen some pictures of it in…. >_> 9fag..

Irony is that with that post you basically confirmed you visit the site.

As for the entry, I'm pulling it back into submissions for now. Mister J probably deadpooled it solely because it reads "9gag", changed that as well while at it. It has some spread on other sites as well.

Last edited Sep 13, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

As for the entry, I'm pulling it back into submissions for now. Mister J probably deadpooled it solely because it reads "9gag", changed that as well while at it. It has some spread on other sites as well.

No I deadpooled it because of bad execution and only 2 examples.

And plus, half of the google results for the phrase comes back to the entry.

Please stop assuming.

RandomMan wrote:

Sorry… I wasn't clear…
I've found some pictures on Google Images stemming from 9gag but didn't visit the site…
actually, how could I give my opinion to 9gag, when I didn't visit the site? I first visited the site 5 days ago and I, like mentioned in the comment to the 9gag-entry, puked 6 Litres of vomit out of my stomach, because I didn't fucking laugh one time.

Oh! I've seen that exploitable on at least one website. I didn't know that it was called "Nuthin's Funnier," though. Seeing as I've seen it, there's a little spread right there. I'll attempt to trace it back and find a link.

Last edited Sep 14, 2012 at 09:17PM EDT

It appears that the general consensus is that there is no common name yet. Related. "Nuthin's Funnier" is the name of the origin, but that doesn't necessarily make it the meme's name (We don't call "I told you about stairs" "Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff", for example), and at this point, I haven't even seen anyone really attempt to name it. But they will, eventually, trust me. It will be an entirely different name, too. Reminds me of when Shadowlurker was brand new, something really similar happened where we had a chaotic month where he was posted everywhere but under entirely different names. Use "Nuthin's Funnier" as a placeholder name, but when the internet locks down a name – if this lasts long enough, that is – make sure to get the entry title changed.

Last edited Sep 15, 2012 at 10:52AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!