Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,530 total conversations in 3,347 threads

+ New Thread

Pitagora Suichi

Last posted Sep 30, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT. Added Sep 30, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

What say this is a meme? In case you guys say it has potential, I found a video including all examples of this meme. It’s basically a bunch of Japanese Rube Goldbergs.
Here’s the video’s link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzAQ-jYfEqA

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 02:08PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT

The song is hilarious. I haven’t really heard of this, but it seems neat. Yet I’m not sure if it’s really an internet sensation.

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 02:14PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 02:14PM EDT

Here’s the Wiki Page.

And here’s an episode:

It’s just an edicational kids show. Difference is that during multiple sections of the show they’re showing “Pythagorean Devices”, the Japanese translation of Rube Goldberg Machines, just like you said. From what I see, they work as examples to support the show’s goal, which is encouraging children’s “way of thinking”.

I don’t know how much of an impact it left on the popularity of the Rube Goldberg Machines. Most of the Youtube videos though have around 100k views or even more, so there is some spread.

At most I would give it a header on the entry of Rube Goldberg Machines, but not a seperate entry.

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 02:38PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 02:34PM EDT

Thank you guys. I’ve been watching these videos for a while and never knew what show they were from (first one I saw was a troll video from the DatteBayo fan sub team)

You can all have an upvote

Sep 30, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!