Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Halo Meme Entry

Last posted Oct 08, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2012 at 05:11PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

Yo.

So, in the IRC today, I was wondering if Halo deserved an entry on the site as a subculture. After all, it does have sub-memes documented on this site and a very large fanbase, almost a cult following.

So, I thought I'd go ahead and create the entry, but I wanted your guys' opinions and thoughts first. Do you think Halo should have an entry? Is it too mainstream for a meme entry, or do you guys think it deserves one?

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 05:14PM EDT

Can't say I fully agree. Like with all fanbases, you have to ask yourself the following:

Would it reach its current levels of popularity without the internet?

If so, then it most likely isn't related enough to the internet to warrant an entry. And Halo is certainly a doubt with that question. It does have an internet fanbase, but what popular mainstream thing doesn't have that nowadays? If a prominent fanbase is enough for an entry, America's Next Top Model would need one as well.

Last edited Oct 08, 2012 at 05:22PM EDT

Look, there's 52 entries regarding Halo, and maybe more regarding CoD. And you know what most of them have in common? You guessed it. Deadpool. Mostly because of incompleteness, or the fact that people post what I like to call 'Twitter Memes' such as 'Anti Joke Jamal' which is a complete rip off of a certain rooster I know. They're memes that never get past one website (mostly Twitter) but that's besides the point. What I'm saying is that It's been attempted, and crashed. I'm not saying "Don't do it", but if you do, I highly advise you get it to a good start, and do your research.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!