Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,942 total conversations in 3,415 threads

+ New Thread

Badly-drawn trollface parodies?

Last posted Oct 25, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT. Added Oct 21, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT
8 posts from 8 users

Did you guise see this?
It’s like a strange attempt at making other trollfaces…
I don’t know if it’s widespread actually but, with the Trollface 2.0 or 3.0, there is maybe something to say about that.

Oct 21, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT

I’ve seen it a little bit before, used mostly for irony. However, I’m also not sure if it’s very widespread. It seems almost as though it should go in the Trollface entry, actually, if it deserves mention at all.

I’ll be happy to help, if it’s creating a separate entry you aim to do. Alternatively, I’ll also be glad to do research on this, and if I find enough, then add it to the Trollface entry if given editorship.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

I’ve seen it a little bit before, used mostly for irony. However, I’m also not sure if it’s very widespread. It seems almost as though it should go in the Trollface entry, actually, if it deserves mention at all.

I’ll be happy to help, if it’s creating a separate entry you aim to do. Alternatively, I’ll also be glad to do research on this, and if I find enough, then add it to the Trollface entry if given editorship.

This, pretty much.

It hasn’t spread much, if at all.

Oct 22, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

I’m pretty sure it started on /v/ as mocking rage comics in general.

One of the earliest ones (that I’m pretty sure didn’t start on /v/) is probably this which is from here but I’m not sure if it is the first, or if the blog is the one to originally make this.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:14AM EDT

Mister J wrote:

One of the earliest ones (that I’m pretty sure didn’t start on /v/) is probably this which is from here but I’m not sure if it is the first, or if the blog is the one to originally make this.

It’s a combination of Rage Comics and Dolan.
>mfw

Oct 24, 2012 at 03:40AM EDT

Mister J wrote:

“I’m pretty sure it started on /v/ as mocking rage comics in general.”

/v/ is a thief. It’s from /sp/. Look it up on foolz and type in “lel”

Oct 24, 2012 at 09:47PM EDT

You probably shouldn’t post it as a new meme, rather post it on the 4chan, raid, or 9gag entry. Request editorship if you don’t have it already.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!