Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,169 total conversations in 3,437 threads

+ New Thread

Fan-Made PBS Funding Credits

Last posted Nov 05, 2012 at 07:59PM EST. Added Nov 05, 2012 at 07:59PM EST
1 post from 1 user

I know it’s kinda a bad time during the election, but I created this account to notice a meme that very underrated.

Since the 1960’s, there was a thing called “Funding Credits”. Allthough NET had fundings it started to become popular when two stations merged to help finalize CPB’s creation of a network known as PBS. Because kids grew up on goverment symbols and corporate logos being displayed to thank for donaton. But the late 70’s-to 1990’s when they were REALLY popular. Kids with autism recited every word of these things, and now (mostly) autstic YouTube users have done fan made PBS fundings.

Some users include

thomasisatwin
http://www.youtube.com/user/thomasisatwin/videos?query=funding

lukesames3

There’s a YTPMV for you Pony fans that has some spa-dinner stuff and some of the stuff is “censored” by what supposedly is the MGM Lion’s roar.

It’s also now being done with GoAnimate!

Pretty much one of the parts of the origin is that users like the now-suspended Sysnstyte78 (spellling) posting Reading Rainbow fundings, and people who had tapes of PBS shows joined the bandwagon. Then kids watching these (and PBS Kids) made their own funding credits.

Is this really a meme,? because I know lots of users do it, and some are very knowlegable of fundings, like “Sesame Street”.

It should have been made a page sooner, so that’s why I call it “underrated”, because it’s a good meme and is viral to the community. Does anyone notice this “meme”?

Post below.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 08:02PM EST
Nov 05, 2012 at 07:59PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!