Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Comic Sans Macros / Interior Dialogue Captioning

Last posted Nov 13, 2012 at 09:05AM EST. Added Nov 07, 2012 at 01:04PM EST
8 posts from 5 users

Alright, research pals. It's time to work on an epic entry that's been in the works for awhile but no one knows what to call it:

• Many of the early instances did not use tags -- how did this spread?
  • How do we describe the name?

Here are some more examples for your viewing pleasure

I also like Interior Monologue Captioning.

Just for comment's sake, this seems sort of similar to an entry we already have (Descriptive Noises).

I'll do what I can, even though I'm not a frequent Tumblr user and don't know where to start searching.

@Fun Police, descriptive noise is specifically from television/movie closed captioning though.

the choice of "dialogue" in the title of the thread was on purpose originally, as some of the instances do seem like they could be conversations, but monologue does work better

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 05:32PM EST

Fun Police wrote:

I also like Interior Monologue Captioning.

Just for comment's sake, this seems sort of similar to an entry we already have (Descriptive Noises).

I'll do what I can, even though I'm not a frequent Tumblr user and don't know where to start searching.

I already tried this a while ago, you really have to look out when searching on Tumblr, as they hardly use tags at a certain point. Amanda's August 2011 example was the earliest I could find back then, and that one has no tags, so I can hardly confirm it right now.

Added subheaders for Shiba Confessions and Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff. The popularity of both most certainly brought more attention to this.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!