Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,529 total conversations in 3,347 threads

+ New Thread

Request for rewite and undeadpool

Last posted Nov 23, 2012 at 02:16PM EST. Added Nov 22, 2012 at 04:47AM EST
11 posts from 7 users

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/transformers yes or no?

Nov 22, 2012 at 04:47AM EST
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Calkarot wrote:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/transformers yes or no?

I say no

Nov 22, 2012 at 02:23PM EST
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/jesus yes or no?

Nov 22, 2012 at 02:23PM EST

@ OP: HELL YES! Let’s do it.

@ gi97ol: NO.

Nov 22, 2012 at 02:39PM EST

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

@ OP: HELL YES! Let’s do it.

@ gi97ol: NO.

I’ll have to call this vote invalid, sorry. Knowing your interests Tanker, it’s clear the reason you want Transformers to survive is biased by your personal love of them. We need objective reasons for this, not biased. I’m sure you’d love a Blazing Angels entry, but that doesn’t make it sure to happen.

@gi97ol

Same for you. Knowing how you had an ultra font sized list on your wall in the past of entries you’d like to see confirmed, all which magically happen to have you as the OP, it’s clear that you being the OP of the Jesus entry takes up a big part in you wanting it undeadpooled.

There are objective reasons here to undeadpool both, but I’m leaving those to others for now. I’m personally unaware of how big Transformers is, so calling or denying it as a subculture isn’t a vote to leave to me. Remember though people, fandom =/= subculture.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 04:41PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 04:38PM EST

>Bionicles
That needs to be rewritten and undeadpooled due to online presence. I get the feeling it only got deadpooled because of poor use of links and anti-pony content anyway.

Nov 22, 2012 at 09:59PM EST

Call me crazy, but I think maybe the Jesus entry could be given a chance. It could possibly serve as a hub entry for the memes based on Jesus. Speaking of which, two entries based on Jesus definitely need rewrites.

(inb4 OPs of deadpooled memes come to whine about them being undeadpooled)

LOL Jesus

It’s a confirmed entry, and it sucks. Like, it really sucks. Please, add me or some other researcher as an editor, and I’ll see what I can do if I do get added.

Raptor Jesus

Admittedly, this one isn’t as bad as the first one, but it’s far from being good. Also, it’s a confirmed entry as well.

Quick question, for that matter: Clearly, the standards for confirmed entries were lower in the “startup” days of KYM. Why is this?

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 10:44PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:34PM EST

@Avi: As one of those old members, I can tell you that, a bit. Our tale goes back to a long-ago time, back in the early days of KYM

So three years ago.

Back then, it was still primarily a “Database” of memes, described by internet users for internet users. We didn’t need to use professional language, we all knew that other net users were on here and were okay with using “lulz” and other netspeak in articles. Another thing to remember is that most of those old memes were still current. Everyone knew them, we were just there to explain them a bit and give a small explanation of their origin.

In the last three years, a lot has changed. Memes and meme culture have exploded since then, and it’s important we document those new memes. In addition, we’ve gotten lots of attention, even from the mainstream. Our mission has changed; for those mainstream users, like those in media who link to our articles, we need to properly document memes from inception to current times (that’s why it’s so vitally important to find a definite point of origin now). In that sense, we’ve evolved from a simple “Database” to an elaborate, structured, ruled “Wiki”.

For this reason, I find complaints of BNM articles for legit memes ironic, since commenters complain that “this didn’t happen three years ago” but forget that bullshit articles like these ones were the norm.

But yeah, a lot of old articles need rewrites.

Nov 23, 2012 at 12:56AM EST

Transformers is a SUBCULTURE and a huge one at that. Why do big franchises such as MLP or Mario get to have an undeadpooled entry? Transformers has its share of internet relevance.

Nov 23, 2012 at 01:59AM EST

Did you really just say “MLP or Mario”? Really? MLP has a fuckton more influence than Transformers on internet culture, and Mario is a very relevant subject on the internet that’s spawned several legitimate memes. Transformers may be somewhat internet-relevant, but the only two subentries are in submission hell. Sure, there are subculture entries with no subentries, but those are usually strictly online. I don’t think it’s worth it right now, but if you can give us proof that the Transformers subculture has significantly impacted the internet in general, then go ahead.

Nov 23, 2012 at 02:18AM EST

Calkarot wrote:

Transformers is a SUBCULTURE and a huge one at that. Why do big franchises such as MLP or Mario get to have an undeadpooled entry? Transformers has its share of internet relevance.

>Transformers as a franchise does not have a significant fandom presence online
>Transformers barely has a fandom
>Successful franchise =/= subculture

Nov 23, 2012 at 02:16PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!