Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,525 total conversations in 3,347 threads

+ New Thread

TGWTG Stars

Last posted Nov 27, 2012 at 06:40PM EST. Added Nov 27, 2012 at 05:36PM EST
3 posts from 2 users

So I discussed it with the other mods recently (translation: a few weeks ago) and decided that the That Guy With The Glasses reviewers deserve their own entry. However, there are a lot, and I have a lot of school work, which is keeping me occupied all day, every day (translation: I can’t be bothered). So that is why I would like to ask you, my fellow researchers, to help me write these entries. Here is a list of some worthy reviewers:
Film Brain
Obscurus Lupa
Phelous
Todd In The Shadows
Nostalgia Chick
Spoony
Brad Jones (Cinema Snob)
Angry Joe
Obviously, there are a lot more than this, so if you can think of any notable ones, feel free to suggest them.

Nov 27, 2012 at 05:36PM EST

I can’t speak for many of the list since I barely know them but I do know two of them.

I’m a bit hesitant about Angry Joe since he’s not really that notable, just a fairly popular games reviewer, not much else. He has a twitter, but nothing really that significant. I’m afraid this might apply to a lot of the other TGWTG people.

Despite this, I do see good potential in a Spoony entry, he’s actually quite notable. From his breakup with TGWTG, a lot of controversies over his career (closest thing I could find for info) and quite a few mentions of him on /v/ and such. There’s be a quite a lot to document on him. Others, outside of necessity for a ‘full set’ of TGWTG people, not so much.

Last edited Nov 27, 2012 at 06:13PM EST
Nov 27, 2012 at 06:11PM EST

I must disagree on Angry Joe. He is pretty notable as a reviewer and I believe he is popular enough for an entry. A lot of these reviewers fall under the same category as Youtube celebrities, in that they are famous in their own way. Let me put it this way, until I saw the entries, I had never heard of Jim Sterling or Ben Croshaw, but they are still famous in their own way. Also, I realize that not all TGWTG stars need an entry. There are some who definitely do (e.g. Spoony) , some who don’t (The more obscure reviewers, like Blockbuster Buster), but then there’s the group of reviewers that are still notable, but not incredibly so (e.g. MarzGurl, Paw). With Youtube celebrities and with (I’m not 100% sure of spread, but from what I can gather, it’s similar) Jim Sterling and Ben Croshaw, we still have entries for them, so why not entries for these.

Nov 27, 2012 at 06:40PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!