Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,390 total conversations in 3,327 threads

+ New Thread

Possible Meme? "It's X, you Y"

Last posted Dec 06, 2012 at 07:25PM EST. Added Dec 06, 2012 at 10:58AM EST
2 posts from 2 users

This is something that’s been on my mind for quite some time, and I just need to ask the community for an opinion.

I’m sure we’re all familiar with Carol Burnett, as well as The Carol Burnett Show which aired on CBS from 1967 to 1978, giving hours of laughter to people across the country. Our parents and grandparents grew up seeing this show on TV, while we can look up clips from the show or even buy the DVD Collection.

One of my favorite moments from the show (Next to Carol’s “Gone with the Wind” spoof) was a skit Carol did with Harvey Korman (R.I.P. Harvey; you brought us joy) on an apparently made up product that’s not supposed to taste fishy, which Korman’s character doesn’t like. What was it…“A-Salty”? “I-Salty”? o_O wut? Anyway, after making him try it, Carol answers his question with a rather blunt reply: “It’s a Veal Cutlet, ya’ asshole”. After that initial blooper (Which can be seen here at 2:33: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlF4GVVi6Ss) the cast and crew exploit Carol’s “asshole” line in multiple takes (Some of which can be seen in given clip).

The phrase just seems to stick with me. I asked on my profile page for an opinion of my followers, and the answers seem ambigious. To me, that line (Exploitable as “It’s X, you Y” or “It’s X, you asshole”) seems like something that could be used as a rather blunt response to something very obvious but can’t be picked up by someone. I don’t know, but that’s as close as I can get to what’s in my head.

What do you all think? You think exploiting that line might be a decent meme? Give your thoughts and opinions below. If you think it’s a good idea, feel free to leave image Macros or even suggestions of how the line could be used. Thanks!

Dec 06, 2012 at 10:58AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!