Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,681 total conversations in 3,369 threads

+ New Thread


Baspingo

Last posted Dec 23, 2012 at 11:07AM EST. Added Dec 15, 2012 at 03:34PM EST
13 posts from 6 users

I saw this previously, and its pretty big. Is there an entry already for this. If not, should we make it?
Heres the original comic:

Derivatives:


Last edited Dec 15, 2012 at 03:34PM EST
Dec 15, 2012 at 03:34PM EST
Quote

I would rather look at is as sarcastic Bazinga derivatives. The phrase was popularized by Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory.

Baspingo and other variations were probably created by anti-fans of the Big Bang Theory making fun and/or mocking the show. Popular shows of which not everyone believes they deserve their level of popularity are often the target of such… let’s go with trolling. So the best idea would be to first find out what makes this one unique.

Dec 16, 2012 at 07:00PM EST
Quote

Perhaps an entry for the entire Big Bang Theory hatedom.

There are multiple submemes that are popular within it, that being the satire of the laughtrack and the misspelling of Bazinga.

Seems to be present on 4chan, tumblr, and youtube.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:18PM EST
Quote

Chris wrote:

Perhaps an entry for the entire Big Bang Theory hatedom.

There are multiple submemes that are popular within it, that being the satire of the laughtrack and the misspelling of Bazinga.

Seems to be present on 4chan, tumblr, and youtube.

I rather disagree with that idea. Hatedom entries is where I draw the line, and it’s also not something we document. Best here would be to make an entry for just the Big Bang Theory, as it’s still a popular show and has a fandom on the internet. Give it a “Controversy” header in which you explain its hatedom and other stuff. Baspingo would just go with a h4. before a “h2. Related Memes”.

Dec 17, 2012 at 02:50PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

I rather disagree with that idea. Hatedom entries is where I draw the line, and it’s also not something we document. Best here would be to make an entry for just the Big Bang Theory, as it’s still a popular show and has a fandom on the internet. Give it a “Controversy” header in which you explain its hatedom and other stuff. Baspingo would just go with a h4. before a “h2. Related Memes”.

This sounds pretty bazooper.

Dec 17, 2012 at 03:29PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

I rather disagree with that idea. Hatedom entries is where I draw the line, and it’s also not something we document. Best here would be to make an entry for just the Big Bang Theory, as it’s still a popular show and has a fandom on the internet. Give it a “Controversy” header in which you explain its hatedom and other stuff. Baspingo would just go with a h4. before a “h2. Related Memes”.

Noted.

There is, however, legitimate criticism.

Dec 17, 2012 at 04:20PM EST
Quote

Hey OP, found some posts with a high number of notes on Tumblr and came accros some on 4chan as well. They all use different terms derivated from Bazinga, but they have generated enough notability for a nice looking header. So feel free to create the entry. I would call it just “Bazinga” though, as outside of mocking the term still has popular usage amongst fans of the Big Bang Theory.

I can help you out with it a bit once you launched it.

Last edited Dec 19, 2012 at 07:12PM EST
Dec 19, 2012 at 07:09PM EST
Quote

The entry looks good so far. I think we should make a BBT entry and a Soft Kitty entry after this.

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:03AM EST
Quote

FudgeGruck wrote:

The entry looks good so far. I think we should make a BBT entry and a Soft Kitty entry after this.

I’d call that half-baked at the most, definitely not “good” at the least. I only edited so little yesterday because I had to go soon. I’ll see if I can get some more work done on it today (and already did a bit).

Last edited Dec 20, 2012 at 10:39AM EST
Dec 20, 2012 at 10:39AM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Hey OP, found some posts with a high number of notes on Tumblr and came accros some on 4chan as well. They all use different terms derivated from Bazinga, but they have generated enough notability for a nice looking header. So feel free to create the entry. I would call it just “Bazinga” though, as outside of mocking the term still has popular usage amongst fans of the Big Bang Theory.

I can help you out with it a bit once you launched it.

This one is my favorite.

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:07AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!