Forums / Meme Research

20,478 total conversations in 3,314 threads

+ New Thread

Angelica Santibañez/Alipin/Kontrabida

Last posted Dec 27, 2012 at 07:59PM EST. Added Dec 27, 2012 at 05:23AM EST
3 conversations with 2 participants

Hmm, seems like this character from the 1994 telenovela Marimar is gaining infamy all over the Philippine interwebs. I’d like to start off an entry, but some help with researching it is needed.

Dec 27, 2012 at 05:23AM EST

I’m not really a connossieur of international memes, and even after a quick Google search I can’t say that my opinion on the entry’s validity has much or any substance to it. But if it helps, I’ll see what I can find. It wouldn’t hurt to launch a draft if your entry has any substance to it. If I can dig up enough valuable information on the topic, I’ll request editorship.

For what it’s worth, it has a fair amount of popularity according to Google Trends, but that isn’t necessarily indicative of meme potential. I’ll hit up some encyclopedia sites and search engines and see what I come up with.

Dec 27, 2012 at 01:24PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

I’m not really a connossieur of international memes, and even after a quick Google search I can’t say that my opinion on the entry’s validity has much or any substance to it. But if it helps, I’ll see what I can find. It wouldn’t hurt to launch a draft if your entry has any substance to it. If I can dig up enough valuable information on the topic, I’ll request editorship.

For what it’s worth, it has a fair amount of popularity according to Google Trends, but that isn’t necessarily indicative of meme potential. I’ll hit up some encyclopedia sites and search engines and see what I come up with.

GMA News did have a mention of it in their review of locally-trending memes and phenomena, but I’m not sure if we can vouch on it.

Dec 27, 2012 at 07:59PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!